Author Topic: The prophecy about Olga  (Read 18065 times)

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
The prophecy about Olga
« on: May 25, 2015, 07:50:57 AM »
In 1896, in the French press, there was a story in which the Prince Charles of Denmark drew the horoscope of Olga . He told  that Olga's health would be critical at the age of 3 , 4 , 6 , 7 and 8 years old . And he wasn't sure she would reach eight years old but he said i" if she does , she will reach twenty ' but "that she will never live to be thirty ".

Do you think that the Imperial family or even Olga knew about this ?

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
Re: The prophecy about Olga
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
Wow that's a very interesting prophecy Anna Livadia, and it's my first time reading about that so I'm glad you've shared it! Thank you soo much! Where have you read that one, by the way?
The last sentence especially is very haunting as we all know that it had come true!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:31:58 AM by Shandroise de Laeken »

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:30:01 AM »
Thank you  Shandroise !

I have read it on " Four sisters" by Helen Rappaport .

And yeah , that's very haunting ! ):

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 08:35:57 AM »
Thanks again for the source! Lol, I have that book and I surely forgot about it or haven't paid attention to that story, yikes me~

I think there was a possibility that they knew it because Nicholas and Alexandra with baby Olga visited Denmark in 1896. However, I also think that could've been a concocted story... but if it had been, how accurate the last sentence had become :' (

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 08:42:07 AM »
You're welcome . That's okay .

Yeah , I thought about the concocted story thing too . I don't know all the ages Olga was sick but if I remember well , she was sick when during the time Maria was born ( June 1899 ) and she was three years old . I don't know for the other ages but if Olga had drunk the same water as Ella , she could have died too on her 8th birthday . That's haunting ! ):

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
Oh really? For the third time, thank you so much for mentioning those instances! I don't try to remember when they particularly got sick. If Olga fell sick at 3, then the first predicted age had been proven true, and fortunately,Olga avoided drinking the same water as cousin Ella's! Oh my, reading all these makes me want to know more if P. Charles of Denmark ever made other prophecies for his other relatives.

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »
Yeah , that's fortunate she didn't drink that water and that her sisters didn't either . That's strange because it was during a time she was sick that she saw the lady in blue as she recognized later as Maria Alexandrovna . Another strange story , it's hard sometimes , not have explanations to some things . Sorry for my English ):

If only her fate would have been  as sweet and bright as her smile was ....

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
Yeh, that story! I think that was when she was 3 years old (?)
Seeing her great-great grandmother at such a time may mean that.. perhaps, Maria Alexandrovna was like the angel who came to fetch her? Oh, I'm just assuming, though...
I agree with you that all things are hard to explain because they're just mysterious~
Oh, you are speaking English very well! I must be the one to say sorry for my English :S

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 09:35:55 AM »
Yeah , that's right , she was three years old . Yeah , that's mysterious because she didn't say " I saw a ghost " , she thought she was a lady from the court and was surprised that Margereta didn't see her and it was later that she recognized her on a paiting . We know that she wasn"t a liar . But that's so mysterious ... Exactly like the man that Nastya and Maria saw during the time Ella was ill.... As mysterious as Russia .

Thank you for saying that ! Your English is very good , I thought you were American but apparantly , you're not .

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 10:01:23 AM »
Indeed! She must have seen MA clearly to say that. And that other story regarding an angel who came to fetch cousin Ella. Those mysteries are yes, as mysterious as Russia itself O_O
You're very welcome! Hahaha, actually I also was thinking you are a native English speaker until you apologised for your English.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:12:27 AM by Shandroise de Laeken »

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
Yeah specially when she was surprised that Margaretta couldn't see her too . Olga was not the kind of girls to invente stories , she was honest .
And the same about Maria and Anastasia , they were so young . You even don"t know about ghosts at this age .
I guess we love mysteries in a way :)

No , I'm  not English native speaker . Actually , I'm French but just on paper . 

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 11:01:24 AM »
Helen Rappaport is a member here and a regular poster.  She may well pop in and give you some insight if she has some time.

Offline Превед

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Мой Великий Север
    • View Profile
    • Type Russian Without a Keyboard
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
In 1896, in the French press, there was a story in which the Prince Charles of Denmark drew the horoscope of Olga.

The only Prince Charles / Carl of Denmark at that time was the future King Haakon VII of Norway, who at that point was a 24 year old naval officer. Not exactly the type of person likely to be interested in horoscopes and his very straight-laced personality also makes this seem like a ridiculous claim. It's most likely just a silly story invented by the French press.

And his kind and considerate nature nature would no doubt have prevented him from telling his cousins, who both had lost close family members in tragic circumstances, that a superstitious prophecy told that their newborn daughter might die in her twenties.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:29:45 PM by Превед »
Берёзы севера мне милы,
Их грустный, опущённый вид,
Как речь безмолвная могилы,
Горячку сердца холодит.

(Афанасий Фет: Ивы и берёзы, 1843 / 1856)

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 03:27:14 PM »
FA, thank you for letting us know that~ I didn't know she is a member here : ) It would be so great if she would share some more about this story : )

Pryevyed, thanks too for clearing that up. Now we know it's purely invention. Lol, how would indeed a straight-laced person fuss himself over horoscopes...

Offline AnnaLivadia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »
Yes , thank you ! It was very strange and very unprobable . But that's sad that it happened anyway ...