Author Topic: Drunk lika Russian  (Read 7434 times)

Offline Превед

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Мой Великий Север
    • View Profile
    • Type Russian Without a Keyboard
Drunk lika Russian
« on: June 19, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
Im drunk like a good Russian, end of school year, found my way home all by muself, warm and fuzzy nighy, all good, God its good to be drunk and happy in y own bed! Cheers!
Берёзы севера мне милы,
Их грустный, опущённый вид,
Как речь безмолвная могилы,
Горячку сердца холодит.

(Афанасий Фет: Ивы и берёзы, 1843 / 1856)

Offline Judicial Investigator

• Boyar
  • Судебный Следователь
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk lika Russian
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:50:19 AM »
well done!)

"Часто бывает, что истина, когда ее пытаются скрыть, обнаруживается в маленьких штрихах, в деталях." - Н. А. Соколов

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »
Translation please?
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline Judicial Investigator

• Boyar
  • Судебный Следователь
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
sorry for translation)

Putin: "It is time to lift (or raise) Russia from its knees! Are you with me?!"
alcoholics: "Yes, of course", "no problem", "Go Russia!", "I voted for you!"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:26:58 PM by Judicial Investigator »
"Часто бывает, что истина, когда ее пытаются скрыть, обнаруживается в маленьких штрихах, в деталях." - Н. А. Соколов

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »
LOL!  Thanks for the translation.

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 01:14:50 AM »
This is what happens when monthly postings drop to a few hundred a month, rather than a few thousand.

Call to arms former AP regulars!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »
Well, it is early summer.  I guess a lot of people are on vacation.

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
Well, it is early summer.  I guess a lot of people are on vacation.

I think a lot of people are just gone.
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline Sanochka

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 10:58:14 PM »
This is what happens when monthly postings drop to a few hundred a month, rather than a few thousand.

Call to arms former AP regulars!

Yes!  And bring some current photos of the Alexander Palace, please.  Postings of the palace and its interior by visitors have been non-existent for at least a year.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »
I think a lot of people are just gone.

Part of the problem is the loss of some of our more vocal members over the past couple of years.  Robert Hall, who tragically died.  Then there were others like Alixz, Bestfriendsgirl, and Elisabeth, who just up and left for reasons which are their own (while Alixz deleted her account when she left, the other two are still members here, hey, ladies, how about getting back here and posting again).

Yeah, we need more discussions here everybody.  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:23:29 PM by TimM »

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »
I must say I used to be far more active, but life, responsibilities, family...they all catch up with you and you end up having less time sadly.

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 05:06:07 AM »
We have discussed this before and it is sad. As Tim said, many of the more active members are gone. For my part I tend to be passive, in that while I am delighted to take part in discussions I rarely start any. Recently I was very disappointed to note that there was no mention of the trooping of the colour, no mention of the marriage of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and no mention of the birth of Princess Madeleine's baby (Nicolas). I fear that people have either lost interest or moved elsewhere.

Cheers,
GREENOWL

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 08:30:49 AM »
We have discussed this before and it is sad. As Tim said, many of the more active members are gone. For my part I tend to be passive, in that while I am delighted to take part in discussions I rarely start any. Recently I was very disappointed to note that there was no mention of the trooping of the colour, no mention of the marriage of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and no mention of the birth of Princess Madeleine's baby (Nicolas). I fear that people have either lost interest or moved elsewhere.

Cheers,
GREENOWL

I think it's the latter Greenowl, as I have mentioned before. I hovered over this site for a while but I'm only a relatively recent AP member (January, 2012). The thing is - assuming the metrics they post are accurate - this site gets more visitors now, on average, than it ever has. It is posts and "active" members that are only fraction of what they used to be, but I feel like the slowdown was inevitable.

Social media has gone from a somewhat popular platform - as it was in 2003/04 when the AP was launched - to being positively ubiquitous. I see several AP members that post things regularly on their Facebook pages and I assume do most of their conversing through their as well. Then you have the simple fact that since the AP has become such a huge database for information and platform for discussion through the years there is simply not nearly as much left out there to post about. Want to know about Danish royals? It's here! Want to know which perfume scents OTMA preferred? That's covered too!

As the FA is forced to constantly remind newer members, if you simply use to search function and put a little effort in you will likely find that there are already answers to your questions on here. 90% of what we discuss has to do with people/events that existed decades or centuries ago. There just aren't that many new revelations being unearthed, as one might expect once enough time passes.

The one area that has declined into virtually nothing that was the source of great discussion a few years ago was political talk. There were more posts on the 2008 US elections alone than on any other topic. I think a lot of good folks probably got annoyed and offended - as political talk will always do - and jetted shortly thereafter. Honestly though this is a history forum, not a current (non-Royal) events site. So far as I'm concerned it's just as well we aren't talking much about those social/political topics anymore...even if I'm as guilty in my involvement as anyone :-)

We are in the midst of a golden age of rare photos. And a big thanks goes out to some of those special few who give us these great new images to look at almost daily! My only disappointment with the AP crowd is how historical topics don't ever seem to catch fire. You get a good intellectual subject on assessing the reign of Nicholas II, or who deserves most of the blame for WWI, or ranking the Tsar's, that seems to get buried after only a few posts. I feel like topics such as those would have generated dozens or hundreds of replies a few years ago instead of just a handful.

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 09:45:48 AM »
Unfortunately I agree with you Edubs 31, especially on your last point: "You get a good intellectual subject on assessing the reign of Nicholas II, or who deserves most of the blame for WWI, or ranking the Tsar's, that seems to get buried after only a few posts. I feel like topics such as those would have generated dozens or hundreds of replies a few years ago instead of just a handful". Is there any hope or will I just have to resign myself to the new situation and look elsewhere?

Cheers,
GREENOWL

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »
By the way, I hope Превед has recovered by now!!