Author Topic: INVESTIGATION OF THE ROMANOV REMAINS HAS BEEN REOPENED  (Read 30016 times)

Offline Lochlanach

• View Profile
Re: INVESTIGATION OF THE ROMANOV REMAINS HAS BEEN REOPENED
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2017, 05:53:00 AM »
I do not think it matters much which is which. They have all been found, and each is known unto God.

I have anyway read that it is by no means certain that all the remains of the original nine bodies have been assigned to the correct coffins. Quite possibly part of Alexei Trupp has been buried with Nicholas. But Trupp was literally loyal to the last, and I do not think Nicholas would have minded.

What I think is more important than these endless arguments is that there should be a proper memorial for the Romanovs whose bodies have never been found, and those of the Imperial Family's household who were shot separately from them after arriving in Ekaterinburg. I have no particular view on where that should be, but within the Peter and Paul Cathedral would seem most appropriate, given that the Imperial Family are there, and the four Grand Dukes shot in the Fortress in January 1919 have no known graves.

Ann

Ann

I think they won't go back to the fortress but to Yekaterinberg instead  because I doubt the ROC will accept the fortess as a suitable resting place. It doesn't matter that much  but I'd rather they stayed in St Petersburg. We shall see.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2017, 06:05:26 AM »
The ROC really needs to stop dragging their feet on this issue.  Science is science, and DNA testing as confirmed that the remains are that of Alexei and one of the younger sisters.  Case closed.

Offline Lochlanach

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2017, 07:03:58 AM »
The ROC really needs to stop dragging their feet on this issue.  Science is science, and DNA testing as confirmed that the remains are that of Alexei and one of the younger sisters.  Case closed.

Science and religion don't always make for easy bedfellows ! To be quite honest when the subject of the Romanovs veers into the Orthodox realm of Holy Martyrdom , veneration, etc (as if often does)  I zone out .  But each to their own.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
Rightly or not, the Russian Orthodox Church has come out very poorly in this. It has given me the impression that they care more for their former Bolshevik masters than the Imperial Family.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2017, 06:53:38 AM »
Yeah, they are more interested in gay bashing and bribe taking, it seems. 

Offline Lochlanach

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2017, 10:13:05 AM »
Agreed . This renewed close relationship between Russian church and state results in extremely conservative (kind way of putting it) cultural outlook , laws , arrests and prosecutions .  And the saga of the remains is just another extension of that relationship . The remains will eventually be reunited , but on the Church's terms.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2017, 07:02:22 AM »
Decades of Communist oppression seems to have taught the Church nothing.