Oct. 20th. 1885 tzar Alexander announced buying a villa on the hillside in Fredensborg.
In 1888 a local carpenter called Peder Pedersen started the comprehensive and essential restoration and rebuild of the house finishing oct. 3rd 1888 including new floors, doors, windows, fence, roof, chimneys, woodcarvings, interior and more. We have found detailed listings of everything regarding the renovation and decorating of the villa.
On oct. 1st 1889 Alexander and Dagmar inaugurated the villa with a small event serving tea to the guests. The guests including their son, future tzar of Russia, Nicolai, future king of England, Duke George of Wales and future Queen of Norway, Duchess Maud of Wales. The three of them went into the wintergarden of the house and carved their names in the same glass, carving: Nicky, Georgie and Harry (Mauds nickname)
The house was depicted in the Fabérgeegg called: The danish palaces egg - today displayed at MoMA in N.Y.
You can see detailed pictures of the house at the website: www.kejserensvilla.com