Author Topic: Questions About Testimonies of Yurovsky, Others  (Read 67494 times)

Offline Amanda_Misha

• Boyar
  • Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home.
    • View Profile
    • George Romanov: An enigma
Re: Questions About Testimonies of Yurovsky, Others
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
A question ???:
in the page of Internet Romanov Memorial there are a diagram of the assassins and its victims
http://www.romanov-memorial.com/victimsvsskadron.htm
my doubt is so that there are several assassins non identified?
"And now, remembering this man, I wonder how You, Russia, will wash away his innocent blood? Will you ultimately be able to redeem the death of Michael the Last?"

www.freewebs.com/georgeromanov

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2007, 11:14:28 PM »
It really doesn't matter at all.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2007, 01:15:49 AM »
A question ???:
in the page of Internet Romanov Memorial there are a diagram of the assassins and its victims
http://www.romanov-memorial.com/victimsvsskadron.htm
my doubt is so that there are several assassins non identified?

No, the assassins have all been identified. I'm sure it's on another thread.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »
It really doesn't matter at all.

I must disagree Dmitri. Although some of us may not wish to hear all their names, those cold blooded brutal assassins should be mentioned by name to ensure that history reveals what they did.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2007, 01:57:30 AM »
Passions running high?

Whilst I do not agree with what happened - 'Brutal murders'? As I have previously said, I believe this to have been an execution performed by an execution squad of soldiers doing their 'duty'. Were the pilots of the planes that dropped Napalm on Vietnamese children doing their duty in war, or were they Murders too? And there are many other 'Atrocities' that happen in wars as we all know. So, if everone who kills someone else in war, by whatever method, a murder? Come on, we all know that mankind is probably the crulest thing living on this planet!

Of interest, I too believe Sukhorukov was involved with the burning and burial of Anastasia and Alexei. On my last visit to Ekaterinburg, at three meetings with some of the most 'Prominent Authorities, Scientists. Historians and Archaeologists' involved, they also now believe many aspects of both Yurovsky and Sukhorukov, (I believe neither was a liar) and are pursuing the 'new' approach to the whereabouts of the Children's burial place. I know they shall succeed, but as I also now know, these things undertaken 'correctly', do take time.

I am no expert on murder or forensics. I believe I identified the late Dr. William Maples as my source for characterizing the deaths of the Imperial Family as "brutal murders. Dr. Maples was highly regarded as an expert in both fields, so I defer to him and his expertise.

I don't doubt for a moment that the intentions with which Yurovsky planned to "liquidate" the IF were more along the lines of a military mission than a street gang operation. However, I don't think that this all lays out neatly along a good/bad type of continum with no wrinkles. Yurovsky was clearly enamored of the power of destroying the monarch, it is evident in all his statements. Does this make him brutal, does this make him a liar? Not necessarily.

Ermakov by all accounts was a brutal murderer and there was nothing "executioner" like about him. He clearly has lied about what he did - and he was drunk to boot on the night of the murders.

Yes, I do think it was a case of murder. The family was not armed, and the Bolsheviks took care to remove healthy young men from the house who might defend them. The family cooperated and made no attempt to escape custody. In such situations, the custodians must take responsibility for the care of those in custody. There was no trial, there were no accusations.

Instead the family was eliminated as though they were not human, as if they had no rights. To me, this theft of their lives was murder. That there were no murderous intentions on the part of many of those in the room makes it no less a murder.

As to military killings, the situations there are not always black and white, as with the death of the IF.      

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2007, 03:39:02 AM »
I agree. There can be no doubt that the Romanov family and their attendants were brutally murdered. Other words could be used too such as executed and so on.

Offline JASPER

• To Russia With Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2007, 10:48:33 AM »
I do agree Lisa, that Ermakov was a 'Nasty Piece' of whatever.

Whilst in Ekaterinburg, I took the opportunity to visit his garve, and his rather ornate Memorial Stone, was covered in urine, excrement, red paint, and someone had drawn a picture of a Pig on the front. The people today do not treat him as a hero of the revolution as they did when he was alive.

Although I have not seen it - in Moscow I understand, I gather that Yurovsky's grave is actually treated with some respect. I wonder if anyone who has seen it can impart some information please?

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »
There is a picture of Ermakov's grave in the Rare Pictures thread. Someone had written something on it. I think it said 'murderer'.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »
There is a picture of Ermakov's grave in the Rare Pictures thread. Someone had written something on it. I think it said 'murderer'.
Yes! I posted it, Tes, 'murderer' or 'ubica' on Russian and my language... ;)
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥