Author Topic: Aristocrats living in the Soviet Union  (Read 22767 times)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Aristocrats living in the Soviet Union
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »
I have another which may qualify: Princess Eugenie M Shakovskaya Russia's 2nd female pilot and 1st woman combat pilot. Pilot 1911, November 1914 onward unclear if she flew combat missions. possibly had numerous affairs with officers. Arrested as spy sentenced to be shot. Tsar sentences to life in aconvent. Bolos free she joins them. became hooked on drugs and one day for no reason shot her assistant. Then shot and killed by the Bolos. This is from some old notes from "The Imperial Russian Air Service". i have no idea how accurate it is.

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 05:25:41 AM »
Not a titled aristocrat but a man of good family at any rate. The composer Nikolai Myskovsky (1881-1950) was the son of a General of Engineers and was commissioned into the Engineers himself before studying at the St Petersburg Conservatoire. After the Revolution he became a Professor at the Moscow Conservatoire and seems to have managed to keep his head down to a considerable extent, though his works were condemned in the late 1930s as ideologically unsound.

Ann

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
I have some more:
Baron Romualo Pillar Von Pilchau last aristocrat in the NKVD
Prince Shalva Tsereteli Georgian NKVD executioner dies 1955
Prince Dmitry Shakhoskoy jailed 1930 shot 1939 his body is in the mass grave at Butovo
There were according to the Gulag Archipelago 3 a number of Crimean tartar princes who were deported in the early 1930s to central Asia who managed to get jobs as communists and apparently avoided geting purged and shot.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
I have two more from "Stalin Court of the Red Tsar':
Princess sofia Vachnadze from Georgia whose godmother was the Dowager Empress Maria fedornova married an old bolo Sergo Kavtaradze. they were both jailed in 1936 and both were tortured and her hair went white . stalin had them released in 1939. Note she grew up at the Imperial court where things were more healthier! Also note people with titles in Georgia were supposedly as commen as vines.
Countess Kira simonich Her father ran tsarist intelligence in finnland and was shot by the Cheka in 1919. She married a jewish merchant divorsed him and married future marshall of the soviet union Girgory kulik. she was very pretty. she also asked stalin to free her brother a former Tsarist officer from the camps and fell out of favor. On 5 may 1940 she was kidnaped by the NKVD s Georgian Prince Shalva tserteli and in June 1940 she was shot by V.M Blokin the NKVDs record holding pistol champ for shooting people in the head. Kulik remarried soon after her "kidnapping" and in 1950 he to was shot.

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »
I'm surprised not to read about Princess Natalia Romanovskaya-Iskander!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Natalia_Romanovskaya-Iskander
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now itís all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline amelia

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »
I read somewhere that she married a man Dostal who was a film producer, had a daughter with him, Eleonor Dostal. It seems that she lives in Istambul. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks
Amelia

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
She was married to Nicholas Vladimirovich Dostal (1909 - 22 April 1959) and had a daughter Eleonora Nikolaievna Dostal-OruÁ (27 January 1937 - 2009). Her daughter is a socialite, philanthropist, noblewoman and an example of the modern phenomenon of the celebutante who rose to fame not because of her talent but because of her inherited wealth and controversial lifestyle in Turkey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalya_Androssov_Iskander_Romanov
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now itís all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »
Natalya Iskander died in 1999, one year after meeting the many Romanov descendants who attended the reburial of Nicholas II in 1998.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
I have another Count Aleksei a Ignatyev who became a Lt general in the red Army. His memoirs "A Subaltern in Old Russia" were published in English.

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 03:30:30 AM »
I wonder whether it's possible to get hold of the book. It sounds interesting.

Ann

Offline Williamsorb

• View Profile
    • hello
Aristocrats living in the Soviet Union
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:14 PM »
could elaborate a bit on the tactics the Soviet Union used against German artillery, and how effective they were?