Author Topic: A Film, a Vandalism and a Hero: Killing Nicholas II again  (Read 355 times)

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
A Film, a Vandalism and a Hero: Killing Nicholas II again
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
A series of strange actions against Nicholas II has lately taken place in Russia. It makes one wonder: Why now? Is it because of the Revolution’s centennial? Is it because of the regicide’s coming centennial? Both? And the most critical question: Who is behind of it all? It really is strange…

A Film
“Orthodox Protesting New Film’s Portrayal of Tsar Nicholas II”
http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/105489.htm

A new film, “Mathilde,” to be released in October, is dedicated to the history of the life of the ballerina Mathilde Kschessinska. It depicts an ongoing relationship with the ballerina even after Nicholas’ marriage to Alexandra.

A Vandalism
“Monument to Tsar Nicholas II, Tsarevich Alexey in Novosibirsk Attacked with Axe”

A 31-year-old Novosibirsk man placed a ladder against the newly-consecrated monument, and, having climbed up it, dealt several blows with an axe. The head of the tsarevich in the monument, which was apparently the target, is currently covered over by a cloth.
http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/105513.htm

A Hero
"Communists Lay Flowers at the Grave of the Murderer of Russia's Imperial Family"

On July 16th Sverdlovsk communists laid flowers at the grave of the killer of the Romanov family, the revolutionary Peter Ermakov. The ceremony was headed by Alexander Ivachev, leader of the local Communist Party Branch.
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/ImperialRussian/blog/index.blog/1455486/communists-lay-flowers-at-the-grave-of-the-murderer-of-russias-imperial-family/

----------------------------------------------------------

Bishop Tikhon (Shevkunov) speaking in an interview with Russian Gazette, asked rhetorically… “What is that? …it is slander against real people”. As for me, Jeremiah, I’m wondering: Is there a deeper meaning to all this? I apologize for the rhetoric question. However, one can only stand with bewilderment at all these; at least that’s what I can only do.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:21:50 PM by Jeremiah »

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
Re: A Film, a Vandalism and a Hero: Killing Nicholas II again
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:01:59 AM »
A new film, “Mathilde,” to be released in October, is dedicated to the history of the life of the ballerina Mathilde Kschessinska. It depicts an ongoing relationship with the ballerina even after Nicholas’ marriage to Alexandra.

Which is total rubbish.  Nicholas may have had his flaws, but being a faithful husband was not one of them.

A 31-year-old Novosibirsk man placed a ladder against the newly-consecrated monument, and, having climbed up it, dealt several blows with an axe. The head of the tsarevich in the monument, which was apparently the target, is currently covered over by a cloth.

Sadly, there are people out there who get off on attacking monuments.  Some are mentally ill, others just like making trouble.

On July 16th Sverdlovsk communists laid flowers at the grave of the killer of the Romanov family, the revolutionary Peter Ermakov. The ceremony was headed by Alexander Ivachev, leader of the local Communist Party Branch.

Kind of like someone putting flowers on the grave of Ted Bundy, IMO.

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:35:29 AM »
Glad you wrote that, Tim. You know, voices must be heard. And I was very happy to read about the protests against the film. Especially the pickets of the protestors! It’s a crucial historical moment. Two so important centennials. The memory of them should teach us and remind us the tragic outcome of what had happened. I say it’s a crucial moment, because at such events there are always voices, and those voices -at these very moments- mark the Book of History of the world. So, that’s why I wanted to share with you all this. Just to use the chance to raise our voices and show that we listen to the voice of history and understand what others still try to distort.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »
The laying of flowers on the grave of the mass murderer Ermakov was reported in 2014 - three years ago.