Author Topic: Anastasia May Have had a Crush?  (Read 241 times)

Offline GDSophie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Anastasia May Have had a Crush?
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:14:20 AM »
Journal of a Russian Imperial Guard soldier. Alexander Palace, 1913.

'...I accompanied Tatiana, Olga, and Marie to the grand staircase where they bade me goodnight before retiring to their rooms. Anastasia was behind me, visibly sad because I never danced with her. I offered her my hand. But instead of returning to the ballroom, she happily took me outside, where we danced in the garden. We relaxed on a bench afterwards, during which Anastasia snuggled on my shoulder. We were still holding hands. I carried her back to the palace when she dosed off...'

Could this be interpreted as Anastasia having a small crush on this soldier (she was 11 at the time)?

(The ones on the blogspot website have been expanded and added on to and based on real events. The ones that have a grey background with a picture of the Imperial family at the top are, I believe, real. Only the ones that are real were adapted onto this grey background with the actual anecdotes written).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:43:34 AM by GDSophie »
'Give my love to all who remember me' - Olga Nikolaevna

Offline AdamPR

• View Profile
Re: Anastasia May Have had a Crush?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:20:27 PM »
I've read the "Journal" you're referring to and I was always under the impression that it was "Fan Fiction"; Something a Romanov admirer wrote about the Grand Duchesses on a blog site. If I recall, there are actually several of these "Journal entries".

I would be shocked if these were real entries from a real Imperial Guard. Perhaps another poster could corroborate?

Offline JGP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:52:23 PM »
This is a fictional account.  From the writer's (Nikolaevna) blog:

"I suddenly came up with an idea to create a journal of a Russian Imperial Guard soldier who was with the last royal family. It is of course a work of fiction, but it will be based on actual events.

Only time will tell how many entries I'll be publishing. I may not know much of the Romanov family, but at least I can put some of my imaginations and dreams of them in writing. I may be terrible at English, but it's worth a shot."

http://nikolaevna1899.blogspot.com/2013/08/diary-of-russian-imperial-guard_12.html

Offline GDSophie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
I've read the "Journal" you're referring to and I was always under the impression that it was "Fan Fiction"; Something a Romanov admirer wrote about the Grand Duchesses on a blog site. If I recall, there are actually several of these "Journal entries".

I would be shocked if these were real entries from a real Imperial Guard. Perhaps another poster could corroborate?
This is a fictional account.  From the writer's (Nikolaevna) blog:

"I suddenly came up with an idea to create a journal of a Russian Imperial Guard soldier who was with the last royal family. It is of course a work of fiction, but it will be based on actual events.

Only time will tell how many entries I'll be publishing. I may not know much of the Romanov family, but at least I can put some of my imaginations and dreams of them in writing. I may be terrible at English, but it's worth a shot."

http://nikolaevna1899.blogspot.com/2013/08/diary-of-russian-imperial-guard_12.html

Now that that's been cleared, I have seen people online believing that these journal entries are real, especially the ones before 1914 (apparently none of them have actually been on the blogspot page). Some have posted them on the grey backgrounds with pictures of the Romanov family above, and edited a few, even claiming that a picture of Tatiana with a guard at the Tercentenary celebrations is that actual guard because of these 'journal entries'.
'Give my love to all who remember me' - Olga Nikolaevna