Author Topic: Upcoming Books 2018  (Read 236 times)

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
Upcoming Books 2018
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
The year is coming to an end and new books are coming in 2018!

The Romanovs Under House Arrest : From the 1917 Diary of a Palace Priest
https://www.bookdepository.com/Romanovs-Under-House-Arrest-Afanasy-I-Belyaev/9780884654544

..".for the last time the former rulers of their own home had gathered to fervently pray, tearfully, and on bended knee, imploring that the Lord help and intercede for them in all of their sorrows and misfortunes." Thus the Archpriest Afanasy Belyaev described the faith and piety of the Russian Imperial family, whom he served as priest and confessor, on the occasion of the Tsarevich's thirteenth birthday. These selected excerpts from the chaplain's diary open a window into the souls of the now sainted Royal Family and the struggles endured in their first five months of confinement following the abdication of Tsar Nicholas II in early 1917. Russian cultural historian Marilyn Pfeifer Swezey sets the diary in its historical context and offers an epilogue to complete the story of the Romanov's journey to martyrdom at the hands of a Bolshevik firing squad in a Siberian basement.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Books 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
There is a book in the works going to the publishers next year on the battle of Tsushima according to the Imperial Japanese navy page combinedfleet.com. It looks like it will be a very detailed account of the battle and the voyage of the Russian fleet to it. The author is using a number of Russian sources never used before. I have told him about Sablin's account.  Also Anna V's future husband was there, As was Sophie B's brother Peter does anyone know what ships they were on?, Lili Dehn's husband was a naval officer I don't know what he did during the R-J war. I will be mentioning the S.S. Fabrisky 2016 book. Did he serve in the Russo-Japanese war? Help would be welcome.

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Books 2018
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 02:12:05 AM »
James

This sounds good. Can you keep us informed, please.

Ann