Author Topic: Captain Peter Sarandinaki of SEARCH  (Read 25611 times)

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
Re: Captain Peter Sarandinaki of SEARCH
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 06:59:38 PM »
Amazing Interview!! Thanks Bob, and FA for doing these interviews for us. I know we all really appreciate them greatly!  ;D

Any news on when this book will be published at all?

Offline Lemma

• View Profile
    • SIS
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2005, 11:15:19 AM »
Question: Why does the Russian Orthodox church refuse to accept the identity of the Romanov remains?
Rem Tene Verba Sequentor

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2005, 04:17:47 PM »
Question: Why does the Russian Orthodox church refuse to accept the identity of the Romanov remains?

That's a good question. I would like to know the answer too. It seems that the reason is due to nothing more than an "I'll show you - you lying former bolsheviks" type of an attitude. Basically, it just appears that they don't like or trust the source this information is coming from hence decided not to accept any information from this source, no matter what it is. But I could be wrong.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 12:06:41 AM »
It is the Moscow Patriarch, Alexei II, who has a problem believing in the authenticity of the remains, despite confirmatory mtDNA profile analyses.

Recently the patriarch's press office (8 December 2004), issued the following statement:

"In the absence of indisputable proof ... in order to spare Orthodox believers from temptation and division, the ROC refrains from final judgement regarding the characteristics of the so-called "Yekaterinburg" remains."

Note the careful use of the words "so called Yekaterinburg remains." The patriarch could not bring himself to refer to the Imperial Family or their retainers by name.

It should be noted that Moscow patriarchy is not united with ROCOR - the Russian Orthodox church in exile.

On one side there are the nationalist monarchist opposition who have publicly expressed their rejection, and on the other side there are the scientists who have authenticated Nikolai's remains. Tests were confirmed by representatives connected to ROCOR, who compared the DNA of the late Tikhon Kulikovsky-Romanov and the "Yekaterinburg remains".

A public statement was made by the RO Church in Washigton D.C. to confirm its stand on the matter.

They asserted: "The Church is caught between two flames."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Belochka »

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 09:34:48 AM »
Thank you, Belochka. I can *almost* understand why ROCOR is trying not to take sides here, but I am still confused as to why the Patriarch Alexei of Moscow has a problem with the scientific results... Is there any specific reason that he does not want these remains to be authentic, other than the fact that he doesn't wish to trust the sources? It's a very puzzling situation  ???

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 09:40:31 AM »
Please take these discussions off this thread and start them elsewhere. this thread really should be locked, as I do not want these interviews to become bogged down with extraneous discussion, but I left it open because so many people wanted to thank Capt. S. for the interview.
Thanks
FA

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 09:49:21 AM »
[glb]Moonlight[/glb]_[glb]tsarina[/glb]

[glb]a.k.a[/glb]

[glb]Annie[/glb]

Just for the record here, let's make it clear to everyone that you don't mean me and we are not the same person. (not that there's anything wrong with being you, I'm sure you wouldn't want to get the blame for some of my posts!  ;) ) Just had to say that since alters are common on message boards. So your name is Annie? Mine isn't really, it's a family nickname. But we are 2 different Annies! :D