Author Topic: Books on the Russian Civil War WWI and other wars  (Read 61075 times)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Books on the Russian Civil War WWI and other wars
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »
generalstab.org has many of the WW I and II official histories of some countries online.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before but the same people who gave us the great war channel WW I week by week. Also have between 2 wars which deals with the period 1919 to 1939. They also have ww2 week by week which I am finding better on average than WW I series.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2020, 04:55:49 PM »
Article "The Russian Empire: Too Nice for its own good" by Anatoly Karlin on progressive the Russian Empire was includes a picture of Nicholas II tatoo on his right arm also a picture of a gun store in Chelyabinsk which looks like something out of the old west. Note Chelyabinsk is the the south of Ekaterinburg.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2020, 04:38:35 PM »
Books I have recently read
The Revolution of 1905 in Odessa by Robert Weinberg deals with Odessa and the 1905 revolution period and how it affected the city and  why it had such a bad Pogrom against Jews.
Tannenberg The First Thirty days in East Prussia by MG Sir Edmund Ironside (Later a Field Marshall see his wiki bio) deals with the battles of fought in East Prussia, including Tannenberg in the first part of WW I not the best book in the world does have a good selection of maps and has some good insites on the German and Russian armies and what they did right and got wrong.