Author Topic: Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece and his family  (Read 77381 times)

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece and his family
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2006, 08:59:16 AM »
I have to share this with the whole world!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday was the annual Greek Independence Day parade in New York City, which takes place on 5th Avenue every year.
Anyway,,as I was enjoying the beautiful day and walking around the parade, guess who I spotted out of the corner of my, but none other than Crown Prince Pavlos himself, talking obscurely to some friends.

I did a double take, and got my nerve to go up to him to speak to him.
Needless to say that I my knees were about to give out b/c of my nerves.

We had a few minutes to chat, and at the end I wished him and his family all the best and to tell his father, from me, "Long Live the KING!"

Needless to say, the parade no longer mattered and I was ready to go home, with my day and year thoroughly fulfilled!!!!!!!!!

Regards!

Alicky1872

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 06:09:10 PM »
How exciting, Iskenderbey!  :D I have met three Royals (one happens to be married to the Queen, and the other two are minor royalties who sometimes come in my bookshop!  ;D) so far and it's true, your legs do turn to jelly. In the case of the minor royals I've met, I think it was all in my head, but when I met Prince Philip, I could feel his...presence. Good on you for having the courage to walk right up to the Crown Prince and chat. The Greek Royal Family seem so down to Earth, like they would be a true joy to talk to. I'll bet you'll remember that for the rest of your life!  :)

Offline Ra-Ra-Rasputin

• Knyaz
  • Another Anastasia claimant; the ears match exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2006, 08:01:52 AM »
Reluctantly, I'll admit that beats my royalty story! I bet that really made your day!

At the Golden Jubilee, the Queen waved at me.  Some people say she was waving generally at the crowd around me, but I know the truth.

Rachel
xx
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Ra-Ra-Rasputin »
'History teaches that history teaches us nothing' ~ Hegel

Offline Nicistratos

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 03:25:56 PM »
I have to share this with the whole world!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday was the annual Greek Independence Day parade in New York City, which takes place on 5th Avenue every year.
Anyway,,as I was enjoying the beautiful day and walking around the parade, guess who I spotted out of the corner of my, but none other than Crown Prince Pavlos himself, talking obscurely to some friends.

I did a double take, and got my nerve to go up to him to speak to him.
Needless to say that I my knees were about to give out b/c of my nerves.

We had a few minutes to chat, and at the end I wished him and his family all the best and to tell his father, from me, "Long Live the KING!"

Needless to say, the parade no longer mattered and I was ready to go home, with my day and year thoroughly fulfilled!!!!!!!!!

Regards!

Megaleee!!! Timi sou!!!!

julia.montague

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 03:16:06 PM »
 :o WOW

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 04:43:55 AM »
In the September 2006 edition of US Vanity Fair, the Crown Prince and Princess of Greece were named on the 2006 International Best Dressed List.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »
I met Crown Prince Palvos and Princess Marie Chantel in Hong Kong (her father Mr. Miller made his fortune here by setting up duty free stores) a few years ago. We even chatted a bit as they were shopping and asking me for directions. I felt the same as Iskenderbey !!! I could barely control my excitement (although I looked absolutely well composed asnd answer their inquires). Palvos was drop-dead handsome while his wife was a delicate and beautiful blonde. They looked lovely togather ! That was one of my most exciting Royal encounters (although I have a friend beat me by being kissed at a christmas party by Palvos brother Prince Nicholas !).   :-* :-* :-*

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 09:54:11 AM »
Is it true that Marie Chantal's money is now the main financial support of the Greek Royal Family or does she just financially support her family with CP Pavlos?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 10:06:38 AM »
I have to give Chantal credit for a stong marriage.  I believe all of her sisters are divorced.

Do the plan on having more children or is four enough?

TampaBay 

Leuchtenberg

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »
Is it true that Marie Chantal's money is now the main financial support of the Greek Royal Family or does she just financially support her family with CP Pavlos?

TampaBay

Her father helped make the marriage a reality by making a very generous endowment to the Greek Royal Family.  And who said that titles aren't for sale?

Nancy Leeds, Marie Bonaparte, Marie Chantal.......the Greek Royals owe a lot to the kindness of wealthy heiresses and their families.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 06:02:55 AM »
In the old days is was called a dowry.

TampBay

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »
 ;D ;D I don't know if she supports the entire family, but I do think they have enough money to get by without the Miller money. I know (based on rumors ;)) that Queen Ingrid left them quite a bit of money.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 07:09:36 PM »
Who is Queen Ingrid?

TampaBay

Leuchtenberg

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 08:16:22 PM »
In the old days is was called a dowry.

TampBay

In the old days wives were considered chattel.

Leuchtenberg

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »
Who is Queen Ingrid?

TampaBay

Queen Anne-Marie's late mother.  Queen Ingrid was born a Princess of Sweden and a granddaughter of Arthur, Duke of Connaught.