Author Topic: Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich  (Read 235036 times)

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich
« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2005, 08:45:30 PM »
So sad...I think that when History enigmes are involved, proofs should be for free... :-[

RealAnastasia.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2005, 12:10:35 AM »
Regarding all this discussion about Mrs. Tammet-Romanov and paying for DNA tests. First of all, scientists came to this lady and asked her for samples, which she then provided. It's not as if she went to them and failed to pay a bill, it's simply not the case. Second, Mrs. Tammet-Romanov was promised the results of these tests. However, it was those financing testing who dropped the ball, not her. Third, DNA testing is no longer the great expense that it used to be.

These tests could still be done, it's a question of getting the funding to do the tests.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2005, 12:17:49 AM »
Lisa,
I may be wrong about this, but didn't someone offer to help with this recently? I may have that all mixed up with someone else.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Lizameridox

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2005, 07:33:44 PM »
Dear Lisa:  I do not mean to attack you in the least, but for the sake of debate and clarification, may I counter some of this?

Regarding all this discussion about Mrs. Tammet-Romanov and paying for DNA tests. First of all, scientists came to this lady and asked her for samples, which she then provided.

Wouldn't any other well-known claimants or claimants' family members have been extended the same invitation to have the testing done if they had not approached the scientists already?  This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for each and every one of them, supposedly to be financed by that Arizona firm.   Is it most likely that the Vancouver claimant was included as a matter of courtesy, possibly at the last minute?

It's not as if she went to them and failed to pay a bill, it's simply not the case.

I understand that since Mrs. Tammet had not been the one that approached them, it is unfair to assume that she knowingly incurred an obligation to pay for the procedure.  But, particularly if the Tammet tooth samples were acquired at the last minute, when funds from Wink, Inc. may have been all but depleted, would it have come as any real surprise that - particularly in Russia - an unforeseen lack of adequate funds meant an unfortunate lack of results unless the individual payments suggested by the embarrassed scientists were forthcoming?

Second, Mrs. Tammet-Romanov was promised the results of these tests. However, it was those financing testing who dropped the ball, not her.

So, I am sure, was every other claimant or claimant's family that heard nothing from Drs. Ivanov/Gill et al.  Circumstances beyond their control kept them from fulfilling the promises they made in good faith.  How many times are cost estimates given prior to the performance of a service adjusted upwards to reflect the real cost every day in the real world?  I have also heard that it is a very RUSSIAN custom that palms are greased (i.e.  additional monies or bribes are paid) if someone wants or needs a guaranteed follow-through.

Third, DNA testing is no longer the great expense that it used to be.

These tests could still be done, it's a question of getting the funding to do the tests.

Wasn't it you that proposed something recently, Lisa?  If Mrs. Tammet has not responded to that offer (especially since Dr. Gill lost track of the sample at Aldermaston), one wonders just how serious she remains about this entire matter.

Of course anyone wanting to put a stop to the Tammet matter, such as the Veerman family, might consider arranging and paying for the tests on their own if they felt it necessary (or at least a needed bolster to any other proof they have).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lizameridox »

Anastasia_R

« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2005, 10:47:01 AM »
This sounds pretty convincing,espeically the part about Tammet being deaf in one ear and the fact that Alexei was shot in  the ear,but I really don't beleive it.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2005, 08:15:41 PM »
Well..It would be more convincing for me if Heino Tammet suffered from haemophilia and crhiptorchidia, as Alexei did. The Russian pretender , Filipp Grigorievich Semionov seems to have suffered from both. A good Alexei pretender must have these two diseases.

RealAnastasia.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
This sounds pretty convincing,espeically the part about Tammet being deaf in one ear and the fact that Alexei was shot in  the ear,but I really don't beleive it.

Shot twice in the ear....and he was just...deaf?....I have greater faith than some in the shooting skills of the executioners... ::)

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2005, 07:19:01 PM »
Yes, I agree. Seems that a point-blank shot to the ear (and I remember reading that Yurovsky fired TWICE) would yield fatal results almost certainly.

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2005, 07:28:08 PM »
With respect, can anyone tell me in US dollars  what it would cost to do the DNA tests in this case?
I chose the road less traveled and now...where the heck am I????

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2005, 07:50:47 PM »
Yes, I agree. Seems that a point-blank shot to the ear (and I remember reading that Yurovsky fired TWICE) would yield fatal results almost certainly.

I don't know in the case of Alexei, who was an haemophiliac, after all. But I read about people who survived after such injures. It sounds crazy, buy it's right. I read about a guy, in the WWII, who was shot by the Nazis in France . He was finished of by a shot in his head, but the bullet didn't hurt vital parts of his brain. He did as he was died, and when the Nazis goes away, he went dragging to a house, and then some people of this house bring him to a hospital. He suffered a surgery, and he survived. I read a similar case in Argentina, in the times of the Civils Wars (1830-1860's) . That's not absurd.

RealAnastasia

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2005, 12:44:09 AM »
Shadowfox...you have to be bugging!!! There is such a thing a 'Facial Recognition Technology'. I just took a look at Mr. Heino Tammet's photo and it doesn't look anything like AN at all. If Mr. Tammet didn't suffer from Haemophilia then he MUST have suffered from a facial distortion sickness and needed a trip to the shrink on top of it.

If you guage, sir, the two faces mathematically i.e. the shape of the noses, lips, foreheads and ears, and the distance between the eyes you will clearly see that you have been deluding yourself. The two faces are definitely not the same at all. Wake up and smell the coffee. LOL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by admin »

Lizameridox

« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2005, 08:10:19 AM »
What an insult to Alexei Nikolaevich's dear memory both these claimants have paid!!!!  It's obvious that there could have been only one Alexei.  How DARE anyone perpetuate their claims to his identity?  Every single claimant falls into the same boat, their pictures looking nothing like him, their behavior not hearkening back to his in the least, their stories full of holes.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2005, 01:09:51 AM »
What an insult to Alexei Nikolaevich's dear memory both these claimants have paid!!!!  It's obvious that there could have been only one Alexei.  How DARE anyone perpetuate their claims to his identity?  Every single claimant falls into the same boat, their pictures looking nothing like him, their behavior not hearkening back to his in the least, their stories full of holes.

Claimants always emerge when history creates uncertainty.

To honor the Tsesarevich, the best we can all do here is ignore the late Tammet's proxy assertions, for it is publicity Mr Kendrick seeks. :-X

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Lass

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2005, 06:23:26 AM »
To honor the Tsesarevich, the best we can all do here is ignore the late Tammet's proxy assertions, for it is publicity Mr Kendrick seeks. :-X

Even if that was Mr Kendrick's only motive (and I don't know how you can so dogmatically assert that it is), that would be no fair reason to dismiss all his research and well-founded conclusions.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2005, 09:35:28 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Tammet's other wives? Were they aware of this or is it only Sandra that he told.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"