Author Topic: Duplicate Books  (Read 186895 times)

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Books
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2005, 01:20:51 PM »
 :D :D

Well, it looks as if there are TWO copies of "The House of Special Purpose" up for grabs - "an intimate account of the Last Days of the Russian Imperial Family compiled from the papers of their English Tutor Charles Sydney Gibbes by J.C. Trewin" -- whew!  Long title, no?   :-X

I have 2 copies of this hardback book and obviously only need one - if someone would like this book for trade.....let me know - but remember, Laura is first!  ;D

Aloha!
Janet R.
Janet R.

Offline Amani

• Harry and Daisy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2005, 09:28:26 AM »
Hey guys,

I was looking for a copy of Royal Cabinets Portraits of the Victorian Era by David Cripps. I know the book is kinda "rare" and I am sure many people might not have two copies of it. But if someone did, I would really appreciate it.

In return and in appreciation I would send my Relatively Royal book by Robert Golden.

Thanks very much,

Amani
P.S. Please PM me.

No one still interested in exchanging Royal Cabinet Portraits of the Victorian Era by Cripps for Relatively Royal by Golden???

Again, if you are, please PM me. I would REALLY like a copy of the cripps book.

Thanks

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2005, 10:47:05 AM »
I hope someone takes advantage of these offers, its such a great book.H.of S.P, that is. I love my copy.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2005, 03:29:01 PM »
Lol! How Ironic eh Koloagirl?
I have the second edition, which is paperback. I love trading, but it's really not nessesary for me. I am just happy to share the love around. Thank you Felix for starting such a thread!

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2005, 03:46:13 PM »
Laura,Thank you for enjoying it, and keeping it going! I wish we could get the young ones interested in books.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »
No Kidding! It's sad!
Most of the Romophiles are interested in just purely the pictures and not the history behind them. Don't get me wrong, I love to look at the pictures too! But it seems the younger group is only interested in just that.  :-/

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2005, 04:47:17 PM »
No Kidding! It's sad!
Most of the Romophiles are interested in just purely the pictures and not the history behind them. Don't get me wrong, I love to look at the pictures too! But it seems the younger group is only interested in just that.  :-/

Since I think I pretty much know all there is to know, I'll read a book and go, "I've heard this 38445863455 times!"  So therefore I like to look at photographs since there's always something new there...

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2005, 04:54:42 PM »
I find it the other way round, havnt seen a new photo in years, I'll just keep reading.

Val289

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2005, 10:10:10 AM »
Ok Peeps,
I have an extra copy of:
The House Of Special Purpose: An Intimate Portrait of the Last Days of the Russian Imperial Family
Compiled from the Papers of their English Tutor, Charles Sydney Gibbes, and written by J.C. Trewin.

It's up for takes!  :)

Hi Laura!

I'm asking you first, because I know that you posted first -  (hope Janet R doesn't mind! :)  ).  Do you still have this available?  I don't have much to trade, the only duplicate book I have is Radzinsky's "The Last Tsar".  Or perhaps I could just pay you for the book and postage?  Please feel free to PM me  :D

Kind Regards,
Val :)

Val289

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2005, 10:10:37 AM »

:) FELIX IS ONE OF THE MOST GENEROUS PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET!!!

No wonder everyone of the forum loves him!   :)

I must agree, bluetoria :)  ;D

Offline bernard_timbal

• View Profile
    • Romanov Memorial
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2005, 01:45:15 PM »
Laura, Koloagirl, I am very interest for a duplicate of "House of special purpose" book from Sydney. In exchange, I have other books (in french), see my previous topic about it on this thread

Regards
Bernard

:D :D

Well, it looks as if there are TWO copies of "The House of Special Purpose" up for grabs - "an intimate account of the Last Days of the Russian Imperial Family compiled from the papers of their English Tutor Charles Sydney Gibbes by J.C. Trewin" -- whew!  Long title, no?   :-X

I have 2 copies of this hardback book and obviously only need one - if someone would like this book for trade.....let me know - but remember, Laura is first!  ;D

Aloha!
Janet R.

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2005, 04:28:49 PM »
I,just got my 3rd copy of "The Camera And The  TSARS" An early B.Day present. If anyone wants it let me know. Nice pictures. F.

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2005, 05:42:59 PM »
 :) :)

Dear Felix:

I have "PM"ed you!

Aloha!

Janet R.
8)
Janet R.

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2005, 02:45:40 PM »
Janet, its yours.  Just send me some good coffee ! LOL !  F.

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2005, 11:14:48 AM »
I was also given a copy of "The Romanovs" by Virginia Cowles. I have this one already.  If anyone wants it let me know.