Author Topic: George 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven (Battenberg) and Nadejda (Nada) de Torby  (Read 114838 times)

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile

Is Anastasia and Zia the same person.  I lost track of something here.

TampaBay

They are indeed one and the same.......
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings

Marlene,

How old is "Tally" Westminster?

TampaBay

She was born in 1959.
Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings

Is Anastasia and Zia the same person.  I lost track of something here.

TampaBay

AnastaSIA  = ZIA ... named for her aunt, Grand Duchess Anastasia (married to the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin) - Always known as Zia.  

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
Marlene, I know very, very little about Boy, but I thought his problems were mental and emotional?  Was he just a ne'er do well??  

He was a seriously screwed up person, in and out of institutions.  Zia was the only sensible one in the family - imperious but sensible.   She was the one who cared for Tatiana, as Nada wouldn't - too busy flitting over to Cannes ...

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile

Tally Weitminster was born in 1959.

Marlene,

Was she considered a potential wife for the POW or Andrew?  She is just a couple months older than Lady Diana?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Jane

• Graf
    • View Profile
I think Natalia Phillips married the Duke of Westminster in 1978.  Doubtful she was ever a contender for the POW given her tender age.  ;)

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
Gerald Cavendish Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster, KG, OBE (born 1951) married Natalia Ayesha Phillips in 1978. The duchess is a direct descendant of the Russian writer Alexander S. Pushkin as well as Ibrahim Hannibal, a captive from Ethiopia who grew up at the Russian court, became a godson of Peter the Great, and married women of Greek and German origin.

The duke topped the Sunday Times Rich List as Britain's wealthiest individual for many years and was only eclipsed in 2004 by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. An estimated fortune of £5 billion is derived largely from property in central London, where he owns approximately 300 acres of the most exclusive commercial and residential real estate in Mayfair and Belgravia , as well as estates in Lancashire, Cheshire and Scotland.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
The Westminsters have a fabulous array of jewelry. One example is of a tiara and comb set along with necklace which was bought by the current Duke of Westminster for his wife Natalia in 1978. It's made of diamonds and pink spinels. It's very large and has an immensely detailed pattern . The tiara comes down from its first owner, Princess Catherine Bragation.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 04:55:45 AM by Svetabel »

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
The Bagration parure is simply splendid.  I had the great good fortune to see it in the flesh in a touring exhibition that featured some of the Westminster jewellery collection some years ago in Manchester.  It is a wonderful example of early 19th century jewellery of the grandest order and it is marvellous that it exists as a complete parure.......The present Duchess wore the tiara at her wedding to the Duke in 1978.......

This exhibition also included a wonderful Fabergé diamond tiara that the family owns, and which has recently been worn by the Duke's daughter at her wedding in Cheshire.

They are also the proud owners of the diamond fringe tiara that had belonged to Pcss Mary, Countess of Harewood..........

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
I think Natalia Phillips married the Duke of Westminster in 1978.  Doubtful she was ever a contender for the POW given her tender age.  ;)

Jane, Tally Westminister ia a year OLDER than Lady Diana.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
The Bagration parure is simply splendid.  I had the great good fortune to see it in the flesh in a touring exhibition that featured some of the Westminster jewellery collection some years ago in Manchester.  It is a wonderful example of early 19th century jewellery of the grandest order and it is marvellous that it exists as a complete parure.......The present Duchess wore the tiara at her wedding to the Duke in 1978.......

This exhibition also included a wonderful Fabergé diamond tiara that the family owns, and which has recently been worn by the Duke's daughter at her wedding in Cheshire.

They are also the proud owners of the diamond fringe tiara that had belonged to Pcss Mary, Countess of Harewood..........

The Fabergé tiara, however, comes through the Westminster side when Lady Mary Crichton married into the family.

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings

Marlene,

Was she considered a potential wife for the POW or Andrew?  She is just a couple months older than Lady Diana?

TampaBay

No .. she was born in 1959. Diana was born in 1961.  Gerald Grosvenor was dating Sarah Spencer when he met Tally at a ball - and it was love at first sight.  However, Tally and Gerald are among the Prince of Wales' closest friends.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page

I knew she wore some gorgeous tiara when she recently married but couldn't remember which one.

I didn't know that they had the diamond fringe one that belonged to Princess Mary though.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
The Westminsters have a fabulous array of jewelry. One example is of a tiara and comb set along with necklace which was bought by the current Duke of Westminster for his wife Natalia in 1978. It's made of diamonds and pink spinels. It's very large and has an immensely detailed pattern . The tiara comes down from its first owner, Princess Catherine Bragation.

Is Princess Catherine Bragation any relation to Leonia, Grand Duchess Vladmir?

TampaBay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TampaBay »

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile

I knew she wore some gorgeous tiara when she recently married but couldn't remember which one.

I didn't know that they had the diamond fringe one that belonged to Princess Mary though.

The Fabergé tiara that now belongs to the Grosvenors.  According to Geoffrey Munn:
'A tiara in the form of a graduated band of Cyclamen coum tied with knots of ribbon, purchased form Fabergé for the Hon. Mrs Wilson Fox.  The tiara can be effortlessly removed from its gold frame and worn as an articulated necklace.  Contained within its original fitted case, the jewel has undoubtedly come from the workshops of the chief jewellery workmaster to Fabergé,  Albert Holmström, c1903.'