Author Topic: Ambassador Zahle and the "Zahle Papers"  (Read 25628 times)

Offline ordino

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador Zahle and the "Zahle Papers"
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »
It is quite possible that these papers will not clear anything up at all, or possible they may raise more questions. As an historian, I support release of the papers for study or publication, because without them, there will still be questions as to what they contain.
It wil be possible to ask the Royal Danish House for this papers? I mean you, like as an historian or Alexandar Palace Time Machine as an historian movement.
Thanks. Ordino

Offline strom

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »
We discussed this matter in other threads. And yes, Lydia, I agree with you completely, since I'm in this subject since I was 11 years old (I'm 33 now). I know all the lies and misunderstandings that are hidding the truth. My only question about it is: Why all the lies if AA was really FS? If the people who is against AA claims are right, no need to lie and made up things, isn't it? Is for this kind of things that I keep doubting about the DNA test.

But this is not the thread to discuss DNA. Here we must speak about the Ambassador Zahle's papers. I 'll try to contact Mr. Schweitzer to him to post what he really knows about this matter.

RealAnastasia.

Thank you, Real..., I agree with you entirely and must say that after living in the shadow of Communism for most of my life I think one should never underestimate the incredible length to which the monsters of that particular modern deviation have gone to hide the truth.  AA once made a comment about 'stand-ins' for the Imperial Family and I have wondered that even after the flight to Ekaterinburg if these were not used to mask the real events of Ekaterinburg.  The charade goes on --probably til the end of all things!    

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »
It is quite possible that these papers will not clear anything up at all, or possible they may raise more questions. As an historian, I support release of the papers for study or publication, because without them, there will still be questions as to what they contain.
It wil be possible to ask the Royal Danish House for this papers? I mean you, like as an historian or Alexandar Palace Time Machine as an historian movement.
Thanks. Ordino

Ordino: I had not considered asking for the release of the papers. My own interests are a bit more specific than the Anna Anderson case. However, I would certainly be willing to write a letter of support for another historian who is interested in writing about Zahle and his involvement with the Anna Anderson case.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 08:04:37 PM »
Dear Strom,

I am 62, and i still will never underestimate the incredible length to which 'the monsters'  went to to hide the truth. To date, whose to say that the truth is still not being hid ? Only God knows.

Thank you expressly for taking time to express your thoughts. They are always needed, and quite relevant indeed. We must never foget, but reminded evermore of why we stand and step forward to see and make sure, truth lives ! We must never hesitate to express our fears, especially where life has been diminished or might be diminished.

Tatiana+

Quote/
Thank you, Real..., I agree with you entirely and must say that after living in the shadow of Communism for most of my life I think one should never underestimate the incredible length to which the monsters of that particular modern deviation have gone to hide the truth.  AA once made a comment about 'stand-ins' for the Imperial Family and I have wondered that even after the flight to Ekaterinburg if these were not used to mask the real events of Ekaterinburg.  The charade goes on --probably til the end of all things!  End Quote/
TatianaA

Bob_the_builder

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
I don't think it's very smart of the Queen to be keeping these papers hidden after DNA proved AA was FS. What is the purpose?

Offline pookiepie

• Boyar
  • vee are, how you say, Norvegians!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 02:19:44 AM »
What are the Zahle papers? i have never heard of them.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 07:04:49 AM »
I was watching the Olga A. documtentary posted by someone on the movies forum here, and it mentioned something about papers involving Olga A. in Denmark being made secret, but the reason was because she was in accused of helping deserters from the Russian Army after WWII. She was apparently in so much hot water it's why she left the country. So I was wondering if maybe that's why these "Zahle papers" are confidential as well, and not because of AA.

FA, can you look into this?

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
I came across the bit on Zahle from a contemporary Time magazine article:

At Berlin the Danish Minister, Herlui Zahle, confirmed rumors that King Christian X of Denmark has been assisting his aunt, the aged Dowager Empress Dagmar, widow of Tsar Alexander III, to pursue a careful inquiry as to whether a certain "Frau von Tchaikovski" now in a Berlin sanitarium is really the Grand Duchess Anastasia, daughter of Tsar Nicholas II.

I found it interesting as I never really heard of Christian X being involved much and the Dowager Empress even less, save through her daughter Olga. But then, it's not really my area and perhaps this is all very old news to those more familiar with the topic.  :)
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:32 AM »
It soon became very apprent to the surviving Romanovs that Anderson was a fraud. This is well documented.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2008, 01:09:12 AM »
It soon became very apprent to the surviving Romanovs that Anderson was a fraud. This is well documented.

Actually, neither statement is true.

The majority of the survivors apparently accepted Olga Alexandrovna's view that AA was not her niece. The majority of Romanovs never met AA and indeed had many more things to be concerned about than an imposter grand duchess. Rather than labeling AA as a fraud as I know you must enjoy doing, dmitri, most of the survivors felt sorry for her.

And, as much as you will hate hearing this, there were also relatives who believed AA was Anastasia. These included Grand Duke Andrei and Princess Xenia.

The only paper trail - that is documentation - which exists as to AA's identity from the family are the statement released after the Dowager Empress' funeral and the comments made in biograhies such as Olga A's. Together, this scarcely constitutes "well documented".

Offline Richard_Schweitzer

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 02:06:32 PM »
Well. surprise! People are "interested" in the Zahle Papers.

Since on this forum, all matters have been decided by the FA (and the site owner) to be "settled" by the form of evidence (probably usually the best evidence) of mtDNA conclusions, there would be little point in bringing forward here any other forms of evidence for disinterested consideration.

Yes, there are translations of a good bit of Zahle's Reports which came into Marina's hands from German sources who may have more. Those translations were done by a retired CIA analyst (Danish expert) who during earlier assignment to European duty was tasked to see to certain provisions being made for Anastasia after her rescue by Prince Friedrich from the Russian Zone. Those are still packed away, but are now with me again.

No representations are made here  that these reports are the same  Papers  which are said to reside in the Royal Archives, but they appear to cover the same concerns and be directed to Zahle's concern that his monarch  be correctly and fully informed to protect his moral position. These source copies bear copies of official seals of the Danish Crown Gov't.

That said, all must accept that I have been labeled (and libeled) a "Fraud" by the FA for applying the tern "putative" to the tissue tested at FSS. I now have the boxes containing the report issued to us as sponsors by Dr. Peter Gill and may get to unpack it soon in order to establish the exact origin of the application of that term to that tissue. That is not to say that the provence of the material tested was not the best available, even to this date.

For reasons you may all recognize, whether you respect them or not, I am not a habitue of this site.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
The recent confirmation of the DNA analysis matching the two additional remains to the rest of the Romanov family found previously makes this entire discussion moot as to any possibility Anna Manahan could have actually been ANR.  That chapter is now closed forever, as all the bodies are accounted for. Regardless of which Grand Duchess was previously found, all the Grand Duchesses are now accounted for, including Anastasia Nicholaievna.

If Schweitzer cares to tilt at his windmills that Anna Manahan was not FS, I couldn't care less. And yes, I understand the original test on the Anna Manahan sample used the exact word "Putative" because Gill et al were relying ON SCHWEITZER'S assertion the sample belonged to Anna Manahan.  As I said before, the reliability the sample was hers was good enough for Schweitzer BEFORE the testing.  When he didn't like the result he got (ie: 100% impossible for relationship to Queen Victoria and her daughters and 99.5% likely relationship to Carl Maucher) he started this new charade.

He and anyone else can discuss the fact AA may or may not have been FS all they want, for all we care. There are a few people who find the question of some historical footnote interest. 

Any assertion, however, Anna Manahan or anyone else for that matter, might have been Anastasia Nicholaievna is not permitted. That chapter is thankfully closed.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »
Thanks for the ruling FA. It defies logic and historical evidence to come to any other conclusion.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »
Ms. Davidson you are quite wrong in your last post. No credible historian supports your assertion. It is proven fact that AA was a fraud. No Romanov escaped the cellar at Ekaterinburg. They were all brutally murdered. All the bodies have been accounted for. It is about time the fantasies of the AA supporters were dead and buried. Is it not surprising that most members of the Romanov family wanted nothing to do with Anderson. Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna and others knew for a fact that this woman was no Romanov. Please do not denigrate their memories by continuing to go on about this sad creature. She was an obscure and mentally ill Polish woman as she has nothing at all to do with Russian history. She is best relegated to the garbage bin of history where she quite rightfully belongs. 

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:38 PM »
It's time for this nonsense about the imposter Anderson to stop. The whole world now knows that Anderson was indeed a complete fraud and absolutely no relation to the Romanovs. All the remains of the Romanovs resident the the Ipatiev House on the night of the murder, 17 July 1918, have been found and preliminary findings released into the last two remains. No authorities release such information without any degree of certainty. Claims that Anderson was Grand Duchess Anastasia are highly embarrassing at best and blatantly absurd showing a distinct lack of knowledge of historical and scientific matters at worst. Give it a rest please and take up a matter which is actually connected with Russian historical fact.