Author Topic: Queen Marie of Romania--alleged affairs & questioned paternity of children  (Read 123683 times)

Offline Vasiliy

• View Profile
24 pages...
it is hard to understend  :)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Yes indeed ! I think it is beyond doubt that Ferdinand was the father to Carol & Elisabetta. Mingon was Zizi 's daughter (evidence from the letters between Ducky, Missy & Marie Coburg). Now there is a rumour of a new book about Prince Nicholas was not Nando's as well. We just habe to see the evidence to decide...Right ?  ??? As for Ileana & Micrea...the cases are still stronger.

I do wonder how can Nando lived with this ? Is he the royal version of Ernst Simpson ?

Back to the original arguement. Not a lot of proof of a fling between Missy & Boris. Although it would not be surprising if it did took place.  ???

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
I still don't see how anyone can look at Nicolas and not see the Hohenzollern resemblance. He looked more like Nando than any of the kids.

There's no doubt about Mircea--he could not have been Nando's and, given the timing, the father must've been Barbo Stirbey.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Yes indeed ! I think it is beyond doubt that Ferdinand was the father to Carol & Elisabetta. Mingon was Zizi 's daughter (evidence from the letters between Ducky, Missy & Marie Coburg). Now there is a rumour of a new book about Prince Nicholas was not Nando's as well. We just habe to see the evidence to decide...Right ?  ??? As for Ileana & Micrea...the cases are still stronger.

I do wonder how can Nando lived with this ? Is he the royal version of Ernst Simpson ?

Back to the original arguement. Not a lot of proof of a fling between Missy & Boris. Although it would not be surprising if it did took place.  ???

believe what you want , Maria was not Zizi's daughter lol she did not resemble Zizi at all, instead she resembled her elder siblings, especially Elisabetha (face features, figure etc. )  :) Nicholas -no comment. He is the spitting image of his father, Ferdinand.
Imo Ileana resembled Barbu quite a lot.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
I think Marie Coburg's letter to Missy explained the whole thing already. She even advice her to live with Nando again under the same roof and made him promise to treat Mignon as if he was the father. Marie then worked on King Karol to allow Missy to give birth out of Romania and in Coburg. When Mignon was born, King Karol wrote that he was glad that it was a girl (since she would not inheirit the throne). To that that is finished.  :-\

As for Mignon looking like Elisabetta...Nothing can be futher from the truth. Elisabetta looked exactly like Fustin Antonia of Honhanzollern-Sigmarigen (born an Infanta of Portugal). Mignon was blond like Missy, but her figure looked more like a peasent than a graceful princess. I think she was the fattest of three sisters (Elisabetta, Mignon & Ileana). She was so fat that Missy had to sent her to a fat farm to diet.  :(

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Elisabeta was plump too wasnt she? their figures were very much alike, as for face features i think Elisabeta resembled Nando while Maria resembled Missy thats all. But have you seen Zizi? i once saw 2 pictures of him in his 30s and 40s. if he really was Mignon's father than wow  this  father and a daughter bared no resemblance at all imho  lol

anyway this is pure speculation as we'll never know the truth  ;)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
No speculation here ! The letters prove that Nando wasn't the father of Mignon period.  :P

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Marie of Romania--alleged affairs & questioned paternity of children
« Reply #427 on: February 02, 2010, 05:36:22 PM »
Have these letters been pulished?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Marie of Romania--alleged affairs & questioned paternity of children
« Reply #428 on: February 02, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
No. But soon. The letters of Marie Alexandrovna to Missy is going to be published soon. That letter in which Marie Coburg teaches Missy to get Nando to agree to be the baby's father, which she dealt with "Uncle" (Carol I) to have the baby in Coburg. My concern is that because of the explosive nature of this letter, the publisher might chose to not publish it with the rest of Marie Coburg's letters. However that letter is now in the archiervs in Romania.

Offline Olga-Romanov123

• View Profile
    • OTMAA Lost Imperial Children
I am sorry if this has already been posted but in 1897 Marie had an affair with Lieutenant Zizi Cantacuzene . shortly after Ferdinand terminated the affair  Marie returned to her mother and gave birth to the child but it is not known if the child was a stillborn or brought to an orphanage shortly before her return to her husband.
Hope this has not been posted already.
Olga : D
Give My Love to all those who remember me
                     Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
this has been posted before in this very same topic (if im not wrong)

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
god, this discussion is getting tiresome.

let's put mignon's paternity discussions to a halt till we all see those letters. it's kind of hard to discuss when only one of us has seen what it's in them.
'loving might be a mistake, but it's worth making'
ilya

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Sorry to say that I don't think those letters would be published. It may be too contraversal for the publisher.

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
 ::)

it's very difficult then to discuss about something nobody has ever seen
'loving might be a mistake, but it's worth making'
ilya

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Indeed. I am thinking of going into the Romanian Archievs to dig at it myself. Since I know of their existance through John Wimbles, who is a respected researcher and did work for the King Michael of Romania book and several detailed articles for Royalty Digest on Missy and her family.