Author Topic: Queen Marie of Romania--alleged affairs & questioned paternity of children  (Read 119984 times)

Offline Paola

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
I read the book "The Plaboy King" by  Paul D. Quinlan long time ago, but could be that the letter Eric mention from the Duchess of Coburg to King Carol   is in this book?? I remember reading something about it too  but I can't say if it was just in the book above.

I think Nicholas was the son who resembled most his father Ferdinand so it is hard to believe he was not his son. AS for the two youngest, Ileana and Mircea they look like they were not children from Ferdinand.

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
Nicolae was Ferdinand`s son. No doubt about it

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
The timing of the letters only fitted the case of Mignon. No mention of Nicholas...

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
The Playboy King mentions Nicolae being Waldorf Astor's son which in my opinion is at best a court rumour. But since this is the only book on Marie that mentions it, my guess is that the author simply knew about her infatuation with Aldorf, checked out the children birthdays and decided Nicolae must have been his son.
'loving might be a mistake, but it's worth making'
ilya

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
And that was a serious book? What a professional point of view. I ll writte a book about all my guesses about illegitimate children, starting with Carol II being the biological son of this gentleman, Carol I and Ferdinand s aide de campe, Ion Istrati

Carol even look like him so my book it will be a best seller...bah! xDDDDD

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Unlike the situation with Mignon, there seemed to be no letters or journals hat indicate that Nicholas was not Nando's son. Anything is possible, but without further proof , it is just hearsay...

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
I think Hannah Pakula made a very good argument when she said that she doesn't believe Missy's infatuation for Waldorf turned to anything physical due to the fact that Missy mentions Waldorf quite a lot in her memoires. Barbu Stirbey barely makes it - which shows that there's a bit of guilt there, but Waldorf (who wasn't nearly as important as Barbu Stibery in the end...) is in there quite a lot.

ilya

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Well...Missy also had a fling with Grand Duke Dimitri of Russia, but it did not make her bio too...It was only revealed in a letter that he wrote her years later.

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
Is Dmitri's letter public? What does it say?
ilya

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
The letter was togather with Missy's other papers in Romania. He call her "My girl" and told about their lovely time togather, and how she was the best and would never forget her. In fact Missy's sister Sandra was so jealous that she made one holiday in Coburg (when Dimitri came to visit) so miserable for Missy that she cried out that even Romania looked attractive after all that Bru-ha-ha.

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
why was sandra jealous?
ilya

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Why ? Beacuse she wanted Dimitri for herself. During the time in Coburg, Dimitri wrote that Sandra kept close to him in company, and even allow him to her bedroom...to see her clothes. She knew about Dimitri and Missy and became jealous.

Offline rachel5a

• Boyar
    • View Profile
when did he write this letter?

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Very late in life...The cirumstances of that particular visit to Coburg was cross references by a letter Missy written to Ducky, who told her about that it.

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
the whole sandra and missy arguing about dmitri sounds a lot like a soap opera.

it's interesting that no book picks up on it - not even the playboy king which picked up on any court gossip there was and wrote it as fact.
ilya