Author Topic: Prince Volkonsky  (Read 9966 times)

Offline Daria

• View Profile
Re: Prince Volkonsky
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »
Hello, I am coming to this conversation on Wolkonsky family rather late, so please forgive me,  but I would like to ask a question about my Godfather and relative, Prince Vladimir Wolkonsky, who was an architect and died in Rome some time in the 1970's most likely.  I was a child when he and his wife Asya (born in France) visited us from Buenos Aires.  My mother knew him, but she has passed on, and I am left with little information but a beautiful photo of him with Asya and a distant memory of visiting him in New York City, where he lived for a while, and also a trip to Jordanville to the monastery.  Does anyone know the date of his death and where his brothers and sister's families reside ?  I believe his mother passed away somewhere near Spring Valley, New York.  Any information is very much appreciated. 

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 12:06:07 PM »
Hello, I am coming to this conversation on Wolkonsky family rather late, so please forgive me,  but I would like to ask a question about my Godfather and relative, Prince Vladimir Wolkonsky, who was an architect and died in Rome some time in the 1970's most likely.  I was a child when he and his wife Asya (born in France) visited us from Buenos Aires.  My mother knew him, but she has passed on, and I am left with little information but a beautiful photo of him with Asya and a distant memory of visiting him in New York City, where he lived for a while, and also a trip to Jordanville to the monastery.  Does anyone know the date of his death and where his brothers and sister's families reside ?  I believe his mother passed away somewhere near Spring Valley, New York.  Any information is very much appreciated.  

I think you speak about Prince Wladimir Dmitrievitch (1898-1976), who was buried in Paris (St-Gen. de Bois). He had 3 sons.

Offline Daria

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
Thank you. If he was an architect and married a second time to Asya (or to Analena, I am not sure)  and lived in Buenos Aires, then this must be my Godfather. But my mother said that he died in Rome.  I would expect that he is buried there.  I believe he had a brother Alexander and sister Maria (name ?) and another brother. Do you know where are his three sons ?  Thank you, Daria

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
Thank you. If he was an architect and married a second time to Asya (or to Analena, I am not sure)  and lived in Buenos Aires, then this must be my Godfather. But my mother said that he died in Rome.  I would expect that he is buried there.  I believe he had a brother Alexander and sister Maria (name ?) and another brother. Do you know where are his three sons ?  Thank you, Daria

Sorry, I was wrong, I meant Wladimir Alexandrovitch (born 1908-died 1980 Montefiore). He had 2 brothers: Daniil and Nikita and sister Maria. Wladimir was married twice. His 1st wife - Analena, an Italian Countess (1910-1961)

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile

Offline Daria

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
Thank you, Sveta. This is not the person I am looking for. You found VLADIMIR Dmitrievitch of the second line.  I have just remembered that his patronymic and got a hold of Ferrand.  He is Vladimir Alexandrovich,  born in Moscow in 1908 and died in Couca, Itali in 1980.   Царствие ему небесное !  Thank you for your responses.

Offline Daria

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »
Sveta, I did not read your two replies before responding. Yes, you are right.  This is Vladimir Alexandrovich. His wife died in Argentina, after stepping on a rusty nail in the garden. But there is not hing in Ferrand about his second wife. I believe it was Asya, a model from Paris, whom I remember slightly. He had no children.  Thank you, Sveta.  Memory Eternal to Vladimir. 

Offline Daria

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
Sveta, Thank you so much for the links.  Yes, Vladimir I now remember married "Asya" (Aleksandra) hte same year Analena died. Such a sad story, but also very touching as he adored Asya, as he had Analena. Perhaps thsi is why I became his god daughter -- my parents were hoping he would have children with his second wife.  I wish I knew what became of his siblings. Did they have children ?  The Russian emigration broke up so many families.