Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 186527 times)

Offline grandduchess_sofia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2005, 08:08:16 AM »
I am English, currently living in Surrey (oh how posh!). You might say that but if you just sit in the window of a cfae in the town centre and watch the number of poeple in Bureberry walk past you'll see it isn't!

Aparently, my paternal grandma is descened from the hugonauts, or something and my paternal grandfather is descened from proper Romany Gypsies. My paternal grandmother's side all have a big nose ( called the Smith nose), which i have sadly inherited!
sopsxx

Offline Elocin

• Working myself insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2005, 03:10:32 PM »
I am Canadian. Currently living in Edmonton, Alberta.

I have a rather mixed heritage of Ukrainian orgin on my Father's side and on my Mother's side British empire in origin (we don't know if it is Irish, Scots, Welsh or Brit as Great-Great-Great grandfather was shipped to Newfoundland when it was a penal colony) and some sort of native Canadian.

Nicole

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2005, 08:19:44 PM »
I am English, currently living in Surrey (oh how posh!). You might say that but if you just sit in the window of a cfae in the town centre and watch the number of poeple in Bureberry walk past you'll see it isn't!

I'd imagine it's rather like living in Canterbury proper...*sigh* Bloody tourists...especially the ones who ask for a tour of your PRIVATE HOME at 8.15 am while you're sitting to a pleasant breakfast...*steam emerges from ears*

Aparently, my paternal grandma is descened from the hugonauts, or something and my paternal grandfather is descened from proper Romany Gypsies. My paternal grandmother's side all have a big nose ( called the Smith nose), which i have sadly inherited!
sopsxx

I have the Spaulding nose. :D My aunt, The Aunti-Christ (TM), is fond of saying that when God was handing out noses, I thought He said 'hoses' and asked for one to go around the yard. I finally retorted one day, after several years of this, 'Yeah, well, when God was handing out rears, you thought He said 'beers' and asked for a six=pack.' That shut her up on that subject. ;) ;D

Regards,
Arianwen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2005, 10:21:35 AM »
Someone asked you for a TOUR around your home? They'd never do that to us i live in a 1940s pebble dash semi!
She sounds wonderful! I would have loved to have seen the look on her face! ;D The smith nose is alright when your young but when you hit 35 it suddenly baloons!
sopsxx

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »
Someone asked you for a TOUR around your home? They'd never do that to us i live in a 1940s pebble dash semi!

Oh, we have a long, private drive, too, with a gate that was open because a few of my mates had just arrived for breakfast. These ignorant prats told me they wanted to speak with my 'manager', told me to stop playing at 'lady of the manor' when I tried to gently explain that this was MY private home and not open to tours, and finally stormed off in a huff. I got a ring about an hour later from the constabulary, asking what had happened, because he'd had some rather brassed-off Yanks insisting that I was rude to them and didn't want them touring the house because they were Yanks or not dressed well enough or something. The response they got, after they affirmed they dealt with a tiny, blonde young woman, was, 'That would be our Arianwen Spaulding. Her family's owned that house since it was built in the 1400s. Didn't you notice the private gate? Besides, I don't think she's been rude to anyone in her life.' *rolls eyes*

She sounds wonderful! I would have loved to have seen the look on her face! ;D

It was bloody priceless, really. She's a horrid, manipulative, amoral person, and I can't stand her.

The smith nose is alright when your young but when you hit 35 it suddenly baloons!

My mum teases me that SOMETHING had to catch up to my eyes (when I was a baby, my eyes were my most dominant feature, and they really still are, but now, there's more balance), and while my daughter has most of my husband's features and my eyes and facial expressions, we're trying to figure out whose nose she inherited. Mum has the 'perfect' nose, and we're starting to think Laura might have inherited it. Lucky little thing...

Regards,
Arianwen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2005, 04:25:29 AM »
Some people are so rude! My little sister hasn't inherited the nose, tose she has inherited my mothers ears, which just about makes up for it!  ;D Plus she's shorter ;D
sopsxx

Offline Rijio

• Boyar
  • ~Oosaka Koi no Uta~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2005, 08:15:07 AM »
French  ;D

Offline Miek

• View Profile
    • Mieks Fabergé Eggs
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2005, 12:59:45 AM »
Hi everyone, I am from the Netherlands too. Living in a small town near 's-Hertogenbosch; as far as I know 100% Dutch.

Hallo landgenoten en Belgische vriend, was blij verrast te lezen dat er meer zijn die Nederlands spreken, maar een minderheid zullen we altijd blijven.

Annemiek

Offline anna

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2005, 04:09:42 AM »
Hoi Miek,

Ja, het is ontzettend leuk dat er nog meer landgenoten geďnteresseerd zijn in Rusland. Ik woon in Gorinchem :P
niet zo heel ver van het gezeliige Den Bosch. Ik heb je website bekeken, petje af hoor. Ik had nu voor het eerst eens een duidelijk overzicht van de Fabergé eieren.
Overigens, iedereen hier is ontzettend aardig, (nou iedereen...) maar vrienden zijn hier snel gemaakt.
Ik hoop je nog veel hier te zien met al het moois van Fabergé.

Groetjes,

Anna
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2005, 11:35:35 AM »
 :)

I am living on an island by the name of Kaua'i in the Hawaiian Island chain in the South Pacific.....it IS really paradise as far as I'm concerned!

My ancestry is English - that's it, nothing else that I've ever come up with!  

Janet R.
:D

Janet R.

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2005, 01:26:15 PM »
So have you lived there all your life, or have you just moved there? :)sounds gorgeous!
sopszz

Offline Miek

• View Profile
    • Mieks Fabergé Eggs
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2005, 04:55:26 AM »
To all from France and celebrating the 14th july, have a good and peaceful quatorze juillet!

greetings from the Netherlands,
Miek

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2005, 11:11:41 AM »
Hey Miek, welkom op deze site. Nummer 4 van de Nederlanders, zover ik weet. ;D

Offline Miek

• View Profile
    • Mieks Fabergé Eggs
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2005, 11:46:27 AM »
Hoi Teddy!

Al postings van je gelezen maar nooit gedacht dat je een landgenoot was ;-)) Dus er zijn er vier, Jij, Anna, ik en wie is de vierde weet je dat?  Reusachtig interessant hier, heel lang alleen mee gelezen maar onlangs in het diepe gesprongen. Heerlijk zo'n hartelijk onthaal!

groeten,
Miek

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »
De 4e is Heleen. Van haar zie je ook veel posts. Ja het is reuze gezellig allemaal en je hebt een leuke website over de Faberge eieren. Ik heb het eens goed bekeken. Het is dat je in het Nederlands antwoordde, anders had ik gedacht dat je een Amerikaanse was :-X ;D

Ben je in feite eigenlijk alleen een Faberge-fanaat of heb je ook iets met de familie?

Hoe ben je er tot gekomen om zo'n website aan Faberge te wijden? Heb je iets met de Romanovs (of ben je erzelf 1 ;D haha) of heb je iets met het Paas-feest?