Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 186485 times)

Offline Isabella

• View Profile
Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #390 on: June 17, 2007, 02:35:19 AM »
I come from the UK, in the south east of England. As for my heritage, it's basically all 'European'.

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
  • "Это было прямо феерично!.."
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 18, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »
Moscow, Russia. all my relatievs are Russians and I was born here. ))
Im pretty happy but I love England and Italy also))
"Тоска ужасная, так долго ехать, so happy to see you soon, my darling love. Felix" - 17.10.1915

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:40 PM »
Welcome Taksa

I love Moscow - in fact - I just love Russia and all things Russian.   

tsaria
(from Scotland)

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 18, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
thank you tsaria  :)

it's rather clearly))

ooh I love Scotland too) in fact, I love not England but The UK)) I was in Scotland last summer and Im very impressed by the views) and I liked to stroll through Edinburgh.))
"Тоска ужасная, так долго ехать, so happy to see you soon, my darling love. Felix" - 17.10.1915

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #394 on: June 18, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »
I also love Russian very much too I love Russian ballet and dancing. Maija Plisetzkaya is a famous russian ballerina have you heard of her Taksa. I wish I was from Russia. :)

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 18, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
Elizabeth~Princess
oh thank you. it's very pleasantly for me to hear that.))
yes Ive heard about her but, shame on me,  I even dont know how does she look like.))
and I was  only once to the ballet. it was Swan's Lake. and I was about 10, with my friend and we were interested in the man behind us much more then in the ballet so I remember nothing. ;D
and what dancing do you like? folk?

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #396 on: June 18, 2007, 02:31:04 PM »
Your welcome I like classical, and ballet fairytale type and folk and I love skating Sasha Cohen is my favorite I love her skating. Swan lake is a very good musical. I seen some pictures of her a while ago. I like Michelle Kwan also. The best out of all in skating in my opinion is Sasha Cohen.Tatiana Tarasova is a russian ice skating coach.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:36:58 PM by Elizabeth~Princess »

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 18, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
Elizabeth~Princess
isn't Sasha canadian??

ooh folk dancing is sooo silly and funny..smth like kasatchok.. :D and songs, music too...balalaika... :D
but lassical mucis is something incredible.

and returning to skating - I love Pluschenko ;D

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #398 on: June 18, 2007, 02:42:58 PM »
Elizabeth~Princess
isn't Sasha canadian??

ooh folk dancing is sooo silly and funny..smth like kasatchok.. :D and songs, music too...balalaika... :D
but lassical mucis is something incredible.

and returning to skating - I love Pluschenko ;D
No Sasha Cohen her parents from the Ukranian and Russian but she was born in America she is also jewish. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:46:06 PM by Elizabeth~Princess »

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 19, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »
"it's Vasa. Wasa is technically not correct but spelt that way"

I thought in Old Swedish that W and V were interchangeable. I couldn't remember off hand whether the boat's name had been spelt with a W or a V. Men inget problem!

Offline Taksa

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »
No Sasha Cohen her parents from the Ukranian and Russian but she was born in America she is also jewish. :)

uuuuh...ok))
you know much about skating)

Offline Trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 27, 2007, 12:23:35 AM »
"it's Vasa. Wasa is technically not correct but spelt that way"

I thought in Old Swedish that W and V were interchangeable. I couldn't remember off hand whether the boat's name had been spelt with a W or a V. Men inget problem!
[/b]

The boat was spelled with a V as was the name. It's spelt with a W in North America and some other places  but in the old swedish books it's a V.

Offline doddy3988

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2007, 12:31:17 PM »
Hy, I'm from Romania....I'm fascinated by everything that's a part of the russian culture. Hope to see all of you here.  ;D

Offline KiKi

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »
I was born in Wisconsin, but I claim Texas as where I am from.  I currently live in South Florida.  I have lived in Maracay, Venezuela, Bogota Colombia, Houston, Texas, Milwaukee (born there) and Ripon Wisconsin. (and several other small places.)

My hubby grew up in Puerto Rico and his grand dad is from Catalonia, Spain.

My dad is from Colombia, mom is 2nd generation US family from Germany.

Offline Cordelia Flyte

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 17, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »
Wow, the responses to this simple question show that interest in the Romanovs and Russian history transcend all national, ethnic and religious borders.

Though, this question is always hard for me to answer.  Short of quoting Wordsworth let's just say I was born in Ottawa, Canada, and lived in Massachusettes, Michigan, and California.  My Mom was Irish/Catholic-Yankee/Anglican, and my Dad is from Lucknow, India.  His family were former Sikhs who converted to Christianity in the 19th century.  Okay, way more info than anyone wanted.  Got it.

I got interested in Russian history in college.  The Cold War was still pretty cold and I wanted to understand what it was all about.  Being mostly Irish by temperment, that meant going back to the beginning, or thereabouts.  Once into it, I loved the topic and regretted that there were only 2 courses available.
God bless,
Kate