Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 186389 times)

Offline newfan

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »
hi everybody
i am from ceskoslovenska..thats what it was called when i left..now its slovakia and czech rep.i live in nyc

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2007, 06:32:51 PM »
Welcome Newfan! Yes, once it was one country, now it is two...smutnỳ čas perhaps? Which part were you from...Bohemia, Moravia or Slovakia?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 06:44:39 PM by Greenowl »

Offline Damie

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 06, 2007, 12:38:15 AM »
I'm from New Hampshire, USA. The President of France is summer vacationing here with his family, in Wolfeboro. The first family is staying with friends on their lakeside home. Wolfeboro is on Lake Winnipesaukee. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace vacationed in Wolfeboro which is the oldest summer resort in America, dating back to 1759. I like to swim and sail from my dad's boat, the Osprey. Or fish from a row boat. Right at the moment everyone's buzzing about President Sarkozy's stay. He dropped in at the Dockside Grille and Diary Bar for lunch last week and a couple of employees say he's a cool guy and very friendly. We travel from Center Conway down to the docks on Winnipesaukee, so I missed a chance to meet him, but it woulld've been cool if I did.

Salue tout le monde.
Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

-King Solomon

Offline historylover

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Writer and Editor
« Reply #408 on: February 07, 2008, 05:36:05 AM »
What an exciting place to live!  Unfortunately President Sarkozy would never consider coming to my city, and hardly anyone important does.  Now if only I lived in a certain city 600 miles south of here!

Best,
Lisa
www.bookaddiction.blogspot.com

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
I'm from New Hampshire, USA. The President of France is summer vacationing here with his family, in Wolfeboro. The first family is staying with friends on their lakeside home. Wolfeboro is on Lake Winnipesaukee. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace vacationed in Wolfeboro which is the oldest summer resort in America, dating back to 1759. I like to swim and sail from my dad's boat, the Osprey. Or fish from a row boat. Right at the moment everyone's buzzing about President Sarkozy's stay. He dropped in at the Dockside Grille and Diary Bar for lunch last week and a couple of employees say he's a cool guy and very friendly. We travel from Center Conway down to the docks on Winnipesaukee, so I missed a chance to meet him, but it woulld've been cool if I did.

Salue tout le monde.

You are really lucky to live in New Hampshire, some of my relatives did way back when ( 18th century/ early 19th), including my Revolutionary War veteran ancestor ( in Plymouth, NH Conway, NH, and Amherst, NH Pelham N. H and Concord, N. H). I've never been to NH, but someday I hope to visit. All the pictures I have ever seen of NH make it look so beautiful- from the pictures, my favorite is the White Mountains area of NH. I myself live in Cornfields USA ( i.e. Iowa).

Offline royaltybuff

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 07, 2008, 06:11:45 PM »
Hello,
I just found this thread. I live in Alabama, USA. I am of English, Scottish, Swiss and German ancestry. Interestingly, last fall I discovered an ancestor of my was born in Hesse-Darmstadt.

Offline Marie-Catherine

• Boyar
  • Just remember they were normal people, like us.
    • View Profile
    • My travel blog (French only)
« Reply #411 on: February 07, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »
I'm a simply French Canadian. My ancesters come from France and Scotland. I live in a.. little city, near Quebec :) So, my maternal language is French, so I'm sorry for my English mistakes. And for everybody who's able to speak French : Bonjour, comment allez-vous  ? :) So, as you see, I don't have racins in Russia, I'm just led by my passion for the Romanov.

K.

"Time flies by with a horrible quickness" -Maria

Thanks to the talentful FadedDreams for the banner !

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 07, 2008, 10:40:38 PM »
 It is nice to hear where everybody is from. My French is very limited but: Je vais tres bien. Je suis etudiez francais en cours. Je m'appelle Grace. Je suis d'Iowa.

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 08, 2008, 03:42:09 PM »
I am from Göteborg or Gothenburg in English in Sweden. It´s the second biggest city in my country. This time of the year it´s often grey and rainy.But it´s nice in  the summer.

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 09, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
I live in a small village 40 kms. north east of Stuttgart, in the south west corner of Germany. The area is hilly, with a lot of forests and apple orchards.

My work has taken me to Göteborg on several occasions. It is a very pleasant city in summer, and I really enjoyed Liseberg and the boat trip along the canals and around the harbour.

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 09, 2008, 03:57:01 PM »
I´m glad you liked your stays in Göteborg,Greenowl. Sweden in summer is wonderful and so beautiful!  I have been a lot in Germany and especially in Berlin,the Harz and the Mosel area. I like to visit the many small towns and castles you can see everywhere in Germany.  Berlin has also a special place in my heart. You can feel the history so closely there.

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 09, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »
Hi Stepan!

Yes, Sweden is wonderful in summer with the long nights. I was last there in late June, just after mid-summer, and it never really got dark, just a sort of deep twilight. I was fascinated, as previously I had only been there in winter. I was trying to remember the name of the boats used for the tours of the canals in Göteborg, and I think they are called "padan"...am I correct? I also liked the "fish church" and the fish, which was most delicious.

Believe it or not, I have only been to Berlin once, but it is a fantastic city with a great atmosphere and such a lot of history. In character it is totally different to Stuttgart (or at least I think so).

GREENOWL

Offline pandora

• Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 09, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »
I'm an American and of course by being so, have a rich cultural background of german, french, irish, british, dutch and swiss ancestors. Some I knew because of they were alive when I was a youngster and many I wish I'd known as they appear to have been a colorful and hearty group of people. I thank them the DNA they passed down!

Offline Nikl

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »
Hi everybody, I am originally from Czech Republic, but now I have been living in Canada for 20 years.  I live in British Columbia on Vancover Island.
Here is a web page      http://www.vancouverisland.com/photogallery/index.asp?catID=11

Offline newfan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
Welcome Newfan! Yes, once it was one country, now it is two...smutnỳ čas perhaps? Which part were you from...Bohemia, Moravia or Slovakia?
promin
ja som zo slovenska..odpovedam trochu neskoro ...6 mesiacov
je sa ucim ako to to navadzat