Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 186519 times)

Offline trixiebelle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »
Hi y'all.  I'm a forum newbie from Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Born in Minnesota, was an Army brat stationed all over the US and Germany.  I'm Swedish/Norwegian descent (makes me very confused - the old joke is a Swede is just a dumb Norwegian and vice-versa).  

My husband is English and I love the english countryside and people - that's why I love Martyn to death !! ;D

Offline Nathan_Davis

• In Loving Memory NAOTMAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2005, 12:22:39 PM »
Portland, Oregon...by way of North Dakota, Arizona, Virginia, Florida, New York (state), Washington (state), Colorado, and Idaho. I am of Welsh, Irish, and English ancestry.

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2005, 03:26:35 AM »
Adelaide,South Australia, Australia. With Irish/Scottish/Welsh/German with a bit of Spanish thrown in between. :)

Offline Katharine

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2005, 04:05:38 AM »
Hiya, I'm a newbie, from Sydney, Australia :)

ajv123ajv

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2005, 04:09:52 AM »
English with a mix of English, Dutch, Welsh and Italian with relations in France, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Zambia.

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2005, 04:52:28 AM »
France, with French (3/4) , Russian (1/8 ) and Ukrainian (1/8 ) blood...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lisa »

Offline tobik

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2005, 01:51:35 PM »
Hi,

I'm British, brought up in Oxfordshire now living in Moscow...for some unknown reason I'm yet to fathom!

Offline sydguy71

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2005, 09:44:40 PM »

hello All,
I am from Sydney, Australia
Best wishes

Offline Greg D

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2005, 01:47:27 AM »
Hi Everyone,

All of these international contacts makes me feel genetically parochial  ;D !

I am English of no recent foreign descent, though I can claim descent on both my mother's and father's side from Norman Knights who came over with William the Conqueror .... no land or fortune alas ! Probably lost in the civil war, or gambled away .. >:(

Where abouts in Oxfordshire were you brought up Tobik ?? as that's where I live !!

Greg D

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2005, 03:03:38 AM »
I can claim descent on both my mother's and father's side from Norman Knights who came over with William the Conqueror .... Greg D

WOW!

Offline Greg D

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2005, 05:05:32 AM »
My Mother's maiden name was de Turberville, and as she came from near Thomas Hardy country (Wiltshire/Somerset) perhaps her ancestors were an inspiration for Tess of the d'Urbervilles ?? We like to think so !! ;)
I visited Coity Castle in South Wales last year which was built by Sir Pagan de Turberville in the 12th century ... just ruins now unfortunately.

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2005, 05:37:28 AM »
Wow, Greg! My family tree is not so old. In fact, certainly, but I don't know it...So, you are a little French... ;) (well, Normand I know!) My mother's mother is also from this part of the France... And the family tree is quite old , from what I know (Middle Age too, but not as far as 12th c...) My father's side is Slavic and French (the family tree goes back in the French Revolution) and for the Slavic (Russian and Ukrainian) I don't know... I just know my great grand parents' parents' name.: Pomarev, Gharasyn and Kondrashov. As you can see one is missing... Well, I'm also Scandinavian (or Normand or Viking or Varegue as you want!! ;) ;D
It's extraordinary how family tree show our "mixed"roots! I love that! That fascinates me!

Offline Fede

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2005, 11:30:23 AM »
Hi
I'm new... I come from Italy!!!
Non piangere perchè qualcosa finisce, sorridi perchè è accaduta!
GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2005, 05:25:28 AM »
Hi
I'm new... I come from Italy!!!

Viva Italia! ;)

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2005, 06:42:16 AM »
Hi y'all.  I'm a forum newbie from Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Born in Minnesota, was an Army brat stationed all over the US and Germany.  I'm Swedish/Norwegian descent (makes me very confused - the old joke is a Swede is just a dumb Norwegian and vice-versa).  

My husband is English and I love the english countryside and people - that's why I love Martyn to death !! ;D

Trixie, I live in Fredericksburg as well! Well, technically Spotsylvania, over on the Chancellorsville battlefield, but it's just down Rte 3 from you! :)

I was born in Leipzig, Germany, lived there until I was three, was raised in Canterbury, England (where I consider home and still own the family house), and have since been dragged to the States by my husband. ;) Oh, how I love dual citizenship...;D I have UK and US, and I was eligible for German, but chose not to use it. My parents and brother moved here when I was eighteen and starting uni at Oxford (long live the Turl Street Pub!), though I didn't arrive permanently until I was twenty-one. My heritage: English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh (like my name doesn't make that one completely obvious), German, French, Russian, and a trace of Native American, though I couldn't look less the part if I tried. Eventually, my husband and I are looking at moving me back to England, most likely in Yorkshire. That was decided before, but now, with lovely people like Bluetoria, Alicky, and Martyn, just TRY and keep me from the North! ;)

Regards,
Arianwen