Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 186524 times)

bluetoria

Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2005, 07:51:38 AM »
That's right, Arianwen! You'll receive a lovely warm welcome in Yorkshire & we'd be so glad to have you here!
(We've got some good pubs too!  ;))

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2005, 08:43:26 AM »
That's right, Arianwen! You'll receive a lovely warm welcome in Yorkshire & we'd be so glad to have you here!

Aww...*hug* Bluetoria, I really do adore you, you know. My accent is going to immediately brand me a southerner, but I'm a White Rose Yorkist through-and-through, so that should get me something, right? ;)

(We've got some good pubs too!  ;))

lol I should imagine so. Shall we go and have a pint in honour of good King Richard, then? ;D ;)

Regards,
Arianwen
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Arianwen »

bluetoria

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2005, 08:50:13 AM »

My accent is going to immediately brand me a southerner, but I'm a White Rose Yorkist through-and-through, so that should get me something, right? ;)

Don't worry we'll soon have you saying 'cAstle' instead of 'cARstle' & 'bath' instead of 'bARth'!!  ;D Actually I could do with elocution lessons!

lol I should imagine so. Shall we go and have a pint in honour of good King Richard, then? ;D;)

First round's on me...better get here before last orders!  ;D Bah gum!

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2005, 09:09:12 AM »

Don't worry we'll soon have you saying 'cAstle' instead of 'cARstle' & 'bath' instead of 'bARth'!!  ;D Actually I could do with elocution lessons!

lol I'm rather sure you will. I'll find it terribly funny if my husband picks up a Yorkshire accent and mine is still Kent...it'll be the Wars Of The Roses within the marriage! ;);D

First round's on me...better get here before last orders!  ;D Bah gum!

As long is the second round is on me, I'd say that's more than fair! I imagine it'll be about four to six years before we get there, as my husband needs to get through medical school first, but as soon as humanly possible, I'll be picking out a lovely house in Wensleydale. ;D Oh, I really can't wait!

Regards,
Arianwen

Offline trixiebelle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2005, 10:28:02 AM »
Arianwen, sorry to get back to you so late.  I also live in Spotsy county - Salem Fields, off Gordon Rd.  What a wonderful find !!!  :D

I have told my husband, Duncan, that I would be more than willing to move to England (he was born in Essex), but he likes the U.S.  

We must get together as fellow Virginians (for the time being).  There is a brew pub in F'burg that I've never tried before and is supposed to be very good.  

Let me know if you're interested - take care !
Jill

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2005, 11:20:48 AM »
Arianwen, sorry to get back to you so late.  I also live in Spotsy county - Salem Fields, off Gordon Rd.  What a wonderful find !!!  :D

Actually, I have some very good friends over in Salem Fields. I'm off Catharpin in Saw Hill, and a few hours' delay in replying is hardly late. ;)

I have told my husband, Duncan, that I would be more than willing to move to England (he was born in Essex), but he likes the U.S.

lol I'm the opposite from your husband. I've been begging mine to take me back to England, though I love being close to my parents, brother, and grandparents. My husband never used to get it when I said that you could blindfold me, put me in a plane, and take me anywhere in the world, but as soon as you put me on British soil, I'd know. Sure enough, we went to see my extended family in England for Christmas, and as soon as I stepped out of the doors at Heathrow, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and apparently started to glow. England will always be home, but when all is said and done, I'd rather be anywhere with my husband and daughter than in England without them.

We must get together as fellow Virginians (for the time being).  There is a brew pub in F'burg that I've never tried before and is supposed to be very good. Let me know if you're interested

Count me in! As soon as I'm over this !@#$% bronchitis, we should certainly have a get-together meal. Shall we extend the invitation to other Virginians? Sunny, perhaps, if it's not too far a drive?

Regards,
Arianwen

Offline trixiebelle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2005, 09:22:31 AM »
Arianwen,

By all means, we extend the invite to all in VA.  We'll have a great time !  Hope you feel better soon.  I had bonchitis a couple of weeks ago. Yuk.  :(

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2005, 09:55:13 AM »
Arianwen,

By all means, we extend the invite to all in VA.  We'll have a great time !  Hope you feel better soon.  I had bonchitis a couple of weeks ago. Yuk.  :(

Thanks for the good wishes! :) The worst part has been being stuck at home with nothing to do, as my husband's been doing all the cooking and housework so I don't give myself coughing fits, and I can't work (I'm a substitute teacher) until I'm healthy again. It's a good thing I have a few sewing and counted cross-stitch projects, let me tell you. ;) If you'd like, go ahead and PM me, so we don't get in trouble for taking this off-topic. ::) I'd love the chance to get to talk further.

Sunny and our other Virginians, what say you to a dinner at some point this month? Fredericksburg might be an easy meeting point for the people who would be coming from further up north or south, but I'm flexible.

Regards,
Arianwen

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2005, 11:04:07 AM »
An another boy from Holland, the Netherlands. My real name is Gerjo, on this moment 23 yrs old, living in a small town near the city of Zwolle.

Hier nog iemand uit Holland, de Nederlanden. Mijn echte naam is Gerjo, op dit moment ben 23 jaren oud, wonend in een kleine stad, dichtbij Zwolle.

People says we a family of the famous writer Charles Dickens.

Offline anna

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2005, 03:38:43 PM »
Hoi Gerjo,

Wat leuk om nog een Nederlander hier te ontmoeten, die ook geļnteresseerd is in alles wat met de Romanovs te maken heeft. We Dutch zijn echt in de minderheid. De enige die ik echt goed ken is Helen. Al met al is het toch geweldig om al deze mensen van over de hele wereld te ontmoeten.
Can you tell us in what way you are related to C. Dickens, sounds very interesting.

regards,

Anna
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Offline Ming

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2005, 02:25:54 PM »
Greetyings, y'all!  Great to hear where everyone's from!

I'm not nearly as interesting as the rest of you.

Born in Minnesota, moved around a lot: Saskatchewan, Texas, Iowa, South Dakota, back to Minnesota...small town like "Mayberry". Not too exciting but the kids turned out okay...

Am English and German on mom's side; Norwegian and (possibly...still working on it...) Chippewa on my dad's side.  (How to explain the blonde hair, fair skin and blue eyes???) (nature, of course!)

Am a distant relative of Abraham Lincoln, through his mother, Nancy Hanks.  HER family is originally from England: Hanckes or something like that.

Great getting to know everyone here.  I feel like I have friends all over the world!  Am expecting a cup of tea if/when I show up at your door....

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2005, 02:08:42 AM »
They say that C. Dickens is a far-a-way distant line of my grand mothers family. So Anna I hope your question is answered.

Sorry voor mijn slechte Engels.

Offline anna

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
Yes, thanks you.

Anna

Ps: Dat Engels valt wel mee hoor ;)
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Offline Kevin From Australia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2005, 11:09:04 PM »
I am Sydney born and bred, but have lived in country New South Wales and Adelaide in the past.  And I am working in Canberra this week so hello to Belochka!!!!

I live in Canberra. I lived in Attadale (Perth) in 1998 for work reasons. Over the years my work has taken me to most capital cities of Australia.  ;)

BTW my mom calls me Ritochka.

All the best,

Margarita

Everyone is where they want to be!

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2005, 01:06:10 AM »
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the capital!