Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 169472 times)

Offline Countess of Monte Cristo

• Don't Cry For Me, Austria-Hungary!
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #480 on: September 09, 2010, 03:35:28 PM »
Hi y'all I'm from down here in Georgia, and I ain't talking 'bout the country near Russia. lol, I love stereotyping the native southerners...

I have mainly German ancestry, but somewhere in my mom's family there's Chinese....  Sadly no Russian. :(

Offline Dru

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 09, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »
I'm from Becket, Massachusetts. 

Offline bestfriendsgirl

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 08, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »
I live in Charleston, West Virginia, USA - of German and Irish descent.

Offline Mersan

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 18, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
I'm from to a lovely town, Manzanares, in the center of Spain. And My entire family (at least till where I have been able to investigate) belong or belonged to the same place. If I have family in others countries, for example France
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:57:23 PM by Mersan »

Offline alixella

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
Hi Everyone - I'm from Dublin, Ireland

Offline Naslednik

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.

Offline Talya

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 24, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »
Alaska..... Brrr! Anyone wanna trade? BFG, I will trade you! :)
Why I enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show at 2am, I'll never know.
Why yes, I do enjoy comical stylings of Anastasia :]

Offline bestfriendsgirl

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 24, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »
Alaska..... Brrr! Anyone wanna trade? BFG, I will trade you! :)

Interesting that you should say that. My dad was in the Air Force during the Korean War and was stationed in Alaska during that time. In fact, my mom's engagement ring came from the PX at Elmendorf AFB. I was raised on Alaska stories and one of the most enjoyable nights of my life was hearing my dad talk to my two sons about his time up there. He and my mom went back in 1997 and had a wonderful time.

Offline Talya

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 24, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
PX? We call it the BX... Now that is a weird moment! I've been to the BX/PX before, with a good friend (my family isn't military, but theirs were) and its a nice store. Were you born in Alaska? Alaska is a magical place! If you ever visit, be sure to visit Portage Glacier, we took our Oklahoma relatives there once, and it is a great boat ride!
Why I enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show at 2am, I'll never know.
Why yes, I do enjoy comical stylings of Anastasia :]

Offline bestfriendsgirl

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
No, I was actually born in Louisville, KY. My dad got out of the AF in 1955, came back to Indiana and got married. We moved to West Virginia from Cincinnati, OH when I was four. When my dad was stationed up there, one of his best hometown friends was also there with his wife and little girl - the friend still isn't allowed to say exactly what he did for the AF, but he did have to learn Russian!  8)

Offline Archduchess Zelia

• Everyone who isn't us is an enemy.
    • View Profile
    • vesperlynds
« Reply #490 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:21 PM »
I'm from Denmark but my family is also French, German, Greenlandic and Belgian.
Pardon any grammatical errors, English is not my main language.

"Are you sure, dear? You have to reign all afternoon, you know." - HM The Queen Mother, when HM The Queen wanted a second glass of wine with lunch.

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
Philadelphia, Pa here. Living just outside of the city to be technical...

Because I was both very interested in knowing the breakdown of where the contributors to the AP forum are coming from and because I'm an uber nerd, I decided track each response the best I could. I've estimated the following...

USA/Canada - 41.4%
Europe - 33.5%
UK/Ireland - 9.5%
Russia - 3.6%
OTHER - 12.1%

For those who claimed to be born/raised in one particular country but are currently residing in another I gave a half credit to the country of origin and a half credit to the country of residence. I really wish I had broken things out by more individual countries. When I first started tracking responses I didn't realize so many of us were from Germany, Netherlands, Canada (separately), etc. But at least this gives a rough estimate for those, probably very few, who are interested!
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 08, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »
I am rather hard to pinpoint. I was raised in Pennsylvania and D.C.,  but ended up in San Francisco and London.  I had an Air Force dad but never really knew him.
 I consider my self more British than anything as I  was raised and educated by British relatives and teachers.  Went to British schools, for the most part and served as a British cadet in one of them. And I spend 3-6 months a year in  England. Haven't a clue what the family heritage is. I have been told so many stories, I could pick and choose any I like. The Greek & Russian sounds the best though.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline po3a

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
I'm from Edmonds in Washington State----USA!

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 08, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »
I am rather hard to pinpoint. I was raised in Pennsylvania and D.C.,  but ended up in San Francisco and London.  I had an Air Force dad but never really knew him.
 I consider my self more British than anything as I  was raised and educated by British relatives and teachers.  Went to British schools, for the most part and served as a British cadet in one of them. And I spend 3-6 months a year in  England. Haven't a clue what the family heritage is. I have been told so many stories, I could pick and choose any I like. The Greek & Russian sounds the best though.

Very interesting Robert...where in Pennsylvania were you raised?

I guess you would be one of the folks I'd give a 1/2 American and a half UK credit too then.
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...