Author Topic: Claimant of Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna  (Read 281052 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Claimant of Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2004, 11:08:45 AM »
and, as a footnote, even the most dedicated supporters of AA themselves dismiss the conspiracy theories as impossible.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2004, 11:23:53 AM »
I think this discussion is getting off track, the topic is "Anastasia claimants" and not conspiracies against AA. ISteinke, there are many other threads where you can talk about your conspiracy theories, I don't think this really belongs here, although I am guilty of going in that direction myself... Let's get back to Denise's topic...

Offline ISteinke

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2004, 01:08:25 PM »
I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I simply believe that the Queen said, "NO."

I am now going to be leaving this forum entirely. What I am finding is this. The anti-Anna party is so completely stubborn, closed-minded, bigoted, prejudiced, self-righteous, judgemental, condescending, and incomprehensibly sceptical, that it is useless to discuss any issues whatsoever. All of you ignore the vast mass of evidence in favor of Anna in favor of your own stupid mantras

She's not Anastasia because of course she can't be Anastasia

Face it she's not Anastasia

DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA, etcetera, etcetera, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

I'm sick of all of this idiocy.  Goodbye.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2004, 01:21:13 PM »

ISteinke,

You should try to learn how to rise up to the challenge of defending your views and accepting valid criticisms without throwing temper tantrums - you will most certainly need this skill in life. Why don't you take your own advice from the post you made less than a week ago when Annie was going to leave the forum over the same issue:

ISteinke
YaBB Junior Member

Re: AA and FS
Reply #135 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 3:34pm  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annie-
   KEEP POSTING! We all like you. It isn't like the world is going to end because you have a different viewpoint on Anastasia. I mean, she's dead, and the whole discussion is ultimately pointless, except as a fun diversion. So stay on the forum and just enjoy it.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------
------

Stay and defend your point of view, Isteinke! You will gain a lot more respect that way.

Helen
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:15:51 PM by Alixz »

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2004, 01:24:57 PM »
Absolutely,
Please stay. Just present the evidence to support your postions. I would be happy to direct you to texts so you can understand the fundemental concepts behind DNA analysis, and understand that certain basic facts about DNA are not going to ever change...
If you have evidence to support the Queen's suppression of evidence, you should present it...

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2004, 01:51:42 PM »
The whole idea of having these forum discussions is precisely this. Everyone presents their opinions and backs them up with facts they based them on. If someone is presenting something that does not make any sense and this person cannot back up their statements, then of course others will challenge these views, until and if this person can back them up with realistic information. When someone makes a statement such as "the Queen of England is behind falsifying AA's DNA results", this is technically libel against the Queen of England, so this person better present proof of what he or she is saying. This is not a hard concept to understand and it has absolutely nothing to do with others being judgmental or closeminded. I simply don't understand the problem here and why people are getting so upset that their views are being challenged  ???.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2004, 02:00:19 PM »
Isteinke,

If you are really serious about learning facts about DNA, and as a gesture of goodwill towards you, I am willing to sacrifice a nifty text book that I used when I was studying it, called "Molecular Biology made simple and fun" by David Clark. This will give you a better idea of what we're dealing with here and put you in a much better position to argue your points, as opposed to just dismissing evidence that you don't really understand and focusing on things that are not as compelling. Yes, I am willing to send it to you if you like, or you can just pick it up at a bookstore (they can order it for you).  So let me know!  :)

All the best,

Helen

Offline Denise

• Knyaz
  • Anneliese: Historian in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2004, 02:08:41 PM »
I see everyone has been busy posting while I was gone today.  I truly hope ISteinke doesn't leave because of this AA/AN dispute.  His opinions are always interesting.  

I have been looking at other links on the Forum for Anastasia claimants.  It seems that most of them have no touch with reality.  I guess I was wondering if there were any others who came forward that had any followers OTHER THAN AA and Eugenia Smith??  

Denise

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2004, 02:15:57 PM »
I guess I was wondering if there were any others who came forward that had any followers OTHER THAN AA and Eugenia Smith??

Does anyone have any details about the Filatovs? They were pretty major claimants at some point, I believe...

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2004, 02:21:21 PM »
Also, Denise, I just remembered. If you haven't already, you may want to check out a thread called "New study questions Romanov bones". It has some pretty interesting info about another claimant, allegedly a descendant of Anastasia, but not the AA Anastasia, another Anastasia. He is now actively involved in a scientific study that is trying to prove that the Ekaterinburg bones are not really authentic. It's a fun read.  :)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:21:52 PM by Alixz »

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2004, 03:02:18 PM »
The Queen did not manipulate the test results, and I know this for a fact. To say she did is a grevious slur against her character, and I for one will not stand for it!

First, the Koptyaki remains thought to be Alexandra and her daughters had their mtDNA sequenced before any samples from living collateral descendants was obtained. To question these results begs the question - just what are Prince Philip's relatives doing in a Russian forest?! Because, boys and girls, we know where all his other relatives are - they were all accounted for - except for Alix and her offspring.

Second, unbeknownst to only a handful of people, a blood sample was taken from another of Victoria's maternal line descendants before any samples were obtained from Prince Philip. Her mtDNA exactly matched Philip's. Thus, both "chances" to manipulate results were lost due to the sequencing of events.

I really get annoyed when people attack people who cannot defend themselves - which is the case here. As Helen A says - you obviously don't understand mtDNA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by LisaDavidson »

Offline Grand_Duke_Alexei

• Tsarevich Alexei Rocks!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2004, 09:36:26 PM »
There is always so much talk about Anna Anderson's claim to fame, but what about Eugenia Smith?  I know absolutely nothing about her, does anyone have any info on her or pics?  Does anyone on this forum believe her?
Blow a kiss I run through air
Leave the past, find nowhere
Floating forests in the air
Clowns all around you

Alll this black and cruel despair
This is an emergency
Don't you hide your eyes from me
Open them and see me now

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2004, 09:45:07 PM »
We had a little thread on her once:

http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=anastasia;action=display;num=1091485921

She also wrote a book, you can usually find it in a search.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2004, 10:03:29 PM »
I read her book a while back when I was younger and it brought me to tears. I believed she was the "real" Anastasia until my brain smacked me one and woke me up.
Here are some pictures of her:

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2004, 10:06:06 PM »