Author Topic: Maria and Nicholas Demenkov  (Read 108489 times)

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
  • "This is their life... Live it with them."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Maria and Nicholas Demenkov
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 10:18:16 AM »
Whether the sources were fiction books written by 4th Graders (year 5 students), it's still more than likely that Maria had some sort of flirtations with a solider at/around the palace.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »
Well, yes, they all flirted with soldiers! We all know that!But, innocent flirting and kissing are two completly different things! You are saying that you believe ONE sites claim that Marie kissed a soldier. It doesn't matter what any childs site says, no soldier of the Tsar would even THINK of kissing one of his young daughters! And if he did, he would lose his job. Besides, Alexandra said that he thought of her only as a little sister. They were NOT in love. Marie just had a big crush. End of story.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005, 03:21:29 PM »
Well said, Holly, thank you. I just can not imagine a marine officer of the Tsar kissing the daughter of his Emperor. It sounds jsut totally unrealistic.

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
By the way, is therRe: Maria and Nicholas Demenkov
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 03:22:16 PM »
By the way, is there any photograph of Nicolas Demenkov?

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2005, 03:33:29 PM »
Thanks Matushka! Sorry, I haven't seen any pictures of Maries "Kolya".  ;)
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

Offline Yoyo

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2005, 08:42:31 PM »
Well, Holly I think you are confusing two stories here.
Marie was 11 years when AF wrote that letter about the soldier who would probably consider Marie only as a little sister. The name of this particular soldier is unknown as far as I know.

Nicholas Demenkov was Marie's crush during the war. Marie was obviously older and yes N & A did know about it since she signed her letters to Papa dear at general HQ as "mrs Demenkov." That does not mean however there was anything physical. I have never read from reputable books that they kissed. On the contrary, those that mention it assert it was platonic, totally innocent flirtation. By the way, I do doubt they would have even had a chance to kiss any guy, considering that probably they were never alone (even if the servants were gone, some sister was always around).

Please remember to check out who wrote those websites. Some of them are pure nonsense, and as you said, probably written by some 10 year olds as a school project.
8)
Yoyo
"That's no reason to go ripping people's heads off, boy"
Mr. Krabbs to Spongebob Squarepants

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 10:43:40 PM »
I agree that Maria and this man couldn't have been making out or anything.  :P But how old was Maria when this supposedly happened? She could have just kissed the man on the cheek, like a lot of little kids I know do because they think it's funny. My sister even went up to a random guy and kissed him. My mom made her apologize, but he found it funny.  ;D

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 10:20:04 AM »
Well, Holly I think you are confusing two stories here.
Marie was 11 years when AF wrote that letter about the soldier who would probably consider Marie only as a little sister. The name of this particular soldier is unknown as far as I know.

Nicholas Demenkov was Marie's crush during the war. Marie was obviously older and yes N & A did know about it since she signed her letters to Papa dear at general HQ as "mrs Demenkov." That does not mean however there was anything physical. I have never read from reputable books that they kissed. On the contrary, those that mention it assert it was platonic, totally innocent flirtation. By the way, I do doubt they would have even had a chance to kiss any guy, considering that probably they were never alone (even if the servants were gone, some sister was always around).

Please remember to check out who wrote those websites. Some of them are pure nonsense, and as you said, probably written by some 10 year olds as a school project.
8)
Yoyo

Yes, the relationship I'm thinking of was definatly during the war! But it was cut short by the revolution...
Yes, well we all know how quickly just a little kiss can happen... ...
I agree with you, Yoyo!!!!

Sarastasia

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2005, 11:42:37 AM »
Yes, I did get a little confused.  :P Oh well, I agree with what you said. The point is, that there is really no way this "kiss" could have happend for many reasons and the only site that has EVER reported this "incident" is a site run by school kids.  ;D  I don't know how anyone could believe this. Especially from one kids site!!!  ::)
Holly

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 10:38:38 AM »
People also must realize that back in that time period 'flirtation' was a lot more innocent than what we think of it now sometimes!  

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2005, 11:31:15 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I sure have heard this in more than place and trust me, the people writing some internet sites aren't all still in primary [elementary] school!!!

Sarastasia

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2005, 05:20:32 PM »
I understand that, but even mature grown adults makes mistakes too. Kissing wasn't not flirting back then as it is today. Times have changed, and what they would have considered flirting is very mellow to us.
The chances of this actully happening are -1 to 100. IMHO

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 10:02:11 AM »
Good point. But don't you think there's a remote chance that Maria may have even accidently go too far, you know, cross the line??

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 10:58:25 AM »
Not in my opinion. But hey everyone is intitled to their own.  :)

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 09:09:13 PM »
I agree with Laura on this one!  ;)