Author Topic: "The Last of the Czars" Documentary by Mark Anderson  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
"The Last of the Czars" Documentary by Mark Anderson
« on: March 25, 2005, 12:11:50 PM »
Hey all,

I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but I just checked out from the university library a documentary called "Last of the Czars" by a director named Mark Anderson.

It has three volumes, called "Nicky & Alix", "In the Shadow of Rasputin", and "Death of a Dynasty".

I just checked them out this morning but they look very interesting. Has anyone else seen these?

It was originally aired as a 3-part miniseries on the Discovery Channel, I believe, in 1997. Anyway, I plan on watching them this weekend while I'm stuck here on Easter :-/ so I'll get back to you on what they contain.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:27:31 PM by Alixz »

Offline Scott

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: "The Last of the Czars" doc. by Mark
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 12:45:46 PM »
This is probably the most interesting and detailed documentary I have seen.

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 02:52:49 PM »
It's okay.  If I remember correctly there were, as usual, a number of errors... but I don't remember what.  I've not seen it in a long time.

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 02:41:01 PM »
Yeah there were some errors. I watched it and I have to say it has really good old footage. I enjoyed the close-ups of the family when they were walking around during ceremonies, etc. They mistook Olga for Maria at least once, though. All in all it is my favorite documentary I have seen yet! I recommend it. Amazon's got it for about $20 used. I wish I didn't have to give it back to the library! :P