Author Topic: Maria Anecdotes  (Read 31520 times)

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
Maria Anecdotes
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:44:49 AM »
Please post your Maria anecdotes here! ;D
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Anecdotes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 05:46:11 PM »
Once when Maria was a little girl, her nanny was giving her a bath. The nanny got distracted, and Maria jumped out of the tub and ran around that floor of the palace naked. The nanny still didn't know and another one of OTA's nannies took care of her. I think that story is cute. lol

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »
Once when Maria was a little girl, her nanny was giving her a bath. The nanny got distracted, and Maria jumped out of the tub and ran around that floor of the palace naked. The nanny still didn't know and another one of OTA's nannies took care of her. I think that story is cute. lol

Miss Eagar, the girls nanny, was so into politics she started rambling about it to Olga Aleksandrovna and forgot Maria was in the tub.  So Maria got out and Olga A took care of it.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:05:50 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for correcting me. :)

ferngully

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 02:32:51 AM »
i think there was somehting about a biscuit
selina           xxxxxxxxx

ferngully

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 02:33:26 AM »
ah, its on naotmaa.net, take a look
selina             xxxxxxxxx

Offline Sarai

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 06:37:21 PM »
Here are a few anecdotes from Six Years at the Russian Court:

"One day they [Olga and Tatiana] made a house with chairs at one end of the nursery and shut out poor Marie, telling her she might be the footman, but that she should stay outside. [...] She suddenly dashed across the room, rushed into the house, dealt each sister a slap in the face, and ran into the next room, coming back dressed in a doll's cloak and hat, and with her hands full of small toys. 'I won't be a footman, I'll be the kind, good aunt, who brings presents,' she said. She then distributed her gifts, kissed her "nieces," and sat down. The other children looked shamefacedly from one to the other, and then Tatiana said, 'We were too cruel to poor little Marie, and she really couldn't help beating us.' They had learned their lesson - from that hour they respected her rights in the family."

"One day the little Grand Duchess Marie was looking out of the window at a regiment of soldiers marching past, and exclaimed, 'Oh! I love these dear soldiers; I should like to kiss them all!' I said, 'Marie, nice little girls don't kiss soldiers.' She made no remark. A few days afterwards we had a children's party, and the Grand Duke Constantine's children were amongst the guests. One of them, having reached twelve years of age, had been put into the Corps de Cadets, and came in his uniform. He wanted to kiss his little cousin Marie, but she put her hand over her mouth and drew back from the proffered embrace. 'Go away, soldier,' said she, with great dignity. 'I don't kiss soldiers.' The boy was greatly delighted at being taken for a real soldier, and not a little amused at the same time."

"On our return to Tsarskoe Selo the Empress manifested symptoms of whooping cough. It speedily spread to the nurseries and the four children. [...] I told the children they were to be most careful not to cough on anyone, or that person might take the disease from them, and they were very obedient. One day the little Grand Duchess Anastasie was sitting in my lap, coughing and choking away, when the Grand Duchess Marie came to her and putting her face close up to her said, 'Baby, darling, cough on me.' Greatly amazed, I asked her what she meant, and the dear child said, 'I am so sorry to see my dear little sister so ill, and I thought if I could take it from her she would be better.'"

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »
Aww, Sarai. Those stories made me smile. Maria was such a sweet little girl. I just want to give her a hug. lol

Offline GD Alexandra

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 05:56:52 PM »
yes, I agree. From the stories we get to know she was a very sweet, nice little girl  :)

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 04:38:15 PM »
Aww :-*
Maria is such a darling
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Fatal_Gal »

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »
Once Nicholas's study door was open and since the girls had never been in it, they tiptoed in. They heard someone coming so they decided to go out the window so as to not get in trouble. They lowered Maria down first but let her go too soon. Thankfully she landed safely!

Offline Fay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 02:21:51 PM »
Now THAT was quite an idea ;D

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 09:57:37 PM »
Send the nicest one down first, huh?

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 03:50:39 PM »
An anecdote in Anastasia's spirit. from the Diary of V. I. Chebotareva
During their last journey before the revolution, one day, Maria Nikolaevna wears as a train-driver. She walking, and noone payed attention to her, as she was indeed a simple driver. Walking near the train, she saw her father. He looked very tired and was thinking about something very serious. He did not remark Marie and she heart his shoulter. He looked as this driver, and only after a while recognize his third daughter...

Offline LarissaAnn

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »
I found this one on the Alexander Palace website in the letters from Tatiana section and I thought this was so adorable.
Nov. 2, 1915, p.129.
"... Yesterday I was in town. I had a sitting in the Winter Palace which was extremely dull. Maria was there with me. As she was present at the sitting for the first time, Neidhardt decided to address to her with words of greeting. Everybody stood up and bowed to her. She was so terrified that nearly got down under the table."
Head & heart - Those are a young girls holy secrets-Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna