Author Topic: Children of King Constantine II (except Pavlos and Nikolaos))  (Read 35038 times)

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Is Prince Nikolaos the son of Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie single? Some articles say he is single and some say he has a girlfriend.

Offline cimbrio

• Knyaz
  • Für Ludwig II
    • View Profile
    • GonDan's Royalty Family Trees
Re: Children of King Constantine II (except Pavlos and Nikolaos))
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 06:28:48 PM »
Today HRH Alexia, Princess of Greece and Denmark, gave birth to her third child and first son, who will be called Carlos after his father, the Princess's husband Carlos Morales-Quintana. The child was born in the Teknon Clinic in Barcelona (Spain) and weighed 3'76 kg, and measured 52'5 cm. He is the seventh grandchild of former King and Queen Constantine and Anne-Marie of Greece.

The Princess and her husband already have two daughters, Arrieta and Ana-Maria. The family will soon travel to their home on the island of Lanzarote (Canary islands), where the family lives and from where Carlos Morales-Quintana comes originally. Congratulations!

Offline Maki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 10:31:28 PM »
Today HRH Alexia, Princess of Greece and Denmark, gave birth to her third child and first son, who will be called Carlos after his father, the Princess's husband Carlos Morales-Quintana. The child was born in the Teknon Clinic in Barcelona (Spain) and weighed 3'76 kg, and measured 52'5 cm. He is the seventh grandchild of former King and Queen Constantine and Anne-Marie of Greece.

The Princess and her husband already have two daughters, Arrieta and Ana-Maria. The family will soon travel to their home on the island of Lanzarote (Canary islands), where the family lives and from where Carlos Morales-Quintana comes originally. Congratulations!

Na sas zisi!  Long live!

Offline Maki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:07:36 AM »
What are the names and birth dates of the other grandchildren?

Offline Anya

• God bless NAOTMAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 05:34:51 PM »
Alexia's eldest daughter, Arrieta was born on February 24th, 2002, and her sister Anna-Maria on the 15th of May,2003. They were also born in Barcelona.

Crown Prince Pavlos and his wife Crown Princess Marie-Chantal have four children: Maria Olympia (July,25,1996), Konstantinos Alexios (October,29,1998), Achileas Andreas (August, 12, 2000) and Odysseus Kimon (September, 17, 2004). The three eldest were born in New York and Prince Odysseus in London.

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:48:21 PM »
I barely hear much on Princess Theodora, Constantine II's youngest child. I did read she is majoring in Theatre arts at Brown University and it is her last year. What is she up to? Is she likely to marry into another royal house?

Offline Eurohistory

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eurohistory.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 01:23:46 PM »
We can just wish...but alas her brother and sister have chosen commoners to marry and her brother Nicholas is close to marrying another commoner...she would make of course a marvelous Queen of Great Britain or a fantastic Grand Duchess of Luxembourg...we can dream I guess...

Arturo Beéche
--
Arturo Beéche, Publisher
http://erhj.blogspot.com
European Royal History Journal
Kensington House Books
6300 Kensington Ave.
East Richmond Heights, CA 94805 USA
510/236-1730
books@eurohistory.com
http://www.eurohistory.com

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »
Maybe a marvelous Queen of Albania. Crown Prince Leka and her are about the same age.

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 09:26:09 PM »
Yes but does she want that? If her siblings married commoners, why would she have to marry into a royal house?  :)

Offline Parisa

• "A Bientot!" - Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 08:24:43 AM »
Hello All!!! Does anyone have any (recent) photo's of Prince Philippos of Greece, King Constantine's younges son? Today (26th April) is his 20th birthday!!!  8-)

from Parisa

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 07:00:56 PM »
Hello All!!! Does anyone have any (recent) photo's of Prince Philippos of Greece, King Constantine's younges son? Today (26th April) is his 20th birthday!!!  8-)

from Parisa

Was this Prince Philippos of Greece named after "Stavros Glucksburg", HRH, The Duke of Edinburgh?  ;D ;D ;D

TampaBay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TampaBay »
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Parisa

• "A Bientot!" - Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 08:01:33 AM »
Hey thanks! Ey, he's not bad is he? Quite alright in my opinion.... lol

Those Greek royals sure are tall! I met King Constantine last year, and i came up to his shoulder, no joke, and i'm 170cm! And look, Philippos is just a little taller than his father!

I don't know if Philippos is named after the Duke of Edinborough. Of course that Philip was actually a Greek prince. Prince Philippos, Constantine's son, was baptised by Princess Diana, so i suppose it made sense at the time to name the child after he father in law??

What astonishes me is that Constantine did the traditional greek name-my-kids-after-my-parents-and-inlaws thing for his first son, Pavlo, but despite having TWO daughters, not one of them is named Friderike! (I'm not normally critical of my King Con, i love him, I'm just saying...)

Any ideas?  8-)

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »
Diana did not baptise Prince Philippos who was indeed named for the duke of Edinburgh.  She was one of the prince's godmothers - and the duke of Edinburgh was one of the godfathers.
Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 03:23:12 AM »
What astonishes me is that Constantine did the traditional greek name-my-kids-after-my-parents-and-inlaws thing for his first son, Pavlo, but despite having TWO daughters, not one of them is named Friderike! (I'm not normally critical of my King Con, i love him, I'm just saying...)

Any ideas?  8-)

I´m just speculating, but I suppose that Constantine knew so well that her mother was not a beloved queen of the Hellenes, so he did chose other christian names to his daughters, Alexia and Teodora. It´s funny, but Sophie, the sister of Constantine, honoured their mother giving the name Frederike to a daughter and a grand-daughter. Infanta Cristina names are:

-Cristina Federica Victoria Antonia.

Cristina remembering the aunt of king Juan Carlos, infanta Cristina; Federica is the spanish version for Frederike; Victoria remembering Ena and Antonia because the child was born in the Saint Antoine day.

The daughter of infanta Elena, niece of Cristina, and, so, grand-daughter of Sophie, is named

-Victoria Federica.

The children of infanta Cristina honoured her greeks ancestors. One son was named Pablo Nicolás (Paul Nicholas), one son was named Miguel (Michael) and the only daughter was named Irene.

So funny.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 05:53:07 AM »
Diana did not baptise Prince Philippos who was indeed named for the duke of Edinburgh.  She was one of the prince's godmothers - and the duke of Edinburgh was one of the godfathers.

Thank you Marlene for confirming what I thought about Philippos.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.