The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
August 23, 2014, 06:24:15 AM
461449 Posts in 8944 Topics by 14515 Members
Latest Member: Kelpie
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Books and Films about the Romanovs and Imperial Russia
| |-+  Films and TV shows about the Romanovs and Imperial Russia (Moderators: BobAtchison, Forum Admin)
| | |-+  Movies Based on Danielle Steel's Books - Zoya, Granny Dan, Princess Daisy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Movies Based on Danielle Steel's Books - Zoya, Granny Dan, Princess Daisy  (Read 8919 times)
Reply #15
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:15:07 AM »
dmitri Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

The content of this mini-series is pure fiction. What interested me was they actually filmed exterori scenes at the beginning in St.Petersburg and at Tsarskoe Selo outside the Alexander and Catherine Palaces. It was rather interesting to see period clothing on actors in front of these famous places. Filming also occurred inside the Yussopov Palace on the Moika.   
Reply #16
« on: November 03, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »
NAOTMAA Fan Offline
Boyar
I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently Posts: 143

View Profile

I've not heard of this before, but you mentioning the filming locations is certainly intriguing. I've only ever viewed period clothing within these buildings in a selection of films, would you recommend watching it?

"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913
Reply #17
« on: May 04, 2008, 04:44:12 AM »
Clemence Offline
Graf

View Profile

I also adore the book and the film. the actress was very good indeed!

'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now itís all clothes with no girls. Pity.''
Reply #18
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
Imperial.Opal Offline
Boyar
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 226

View Profile

The front of the Alexander Palace is shown early in the program, in Sydney, the EZY DVD chain of stores have Zoya and all the other
 Danielle Steel DVD's  on discount for Mother's Day at $4.95 each  Smiley
Reply #19
« on: May 19, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
RealAnastasia Offline
Velikye Knyaz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 1896

View Profile

The actress who performed Zoya was (is) Melissa Gilbert, the same who portrayed Laura Ingalls Wilder in "Little House on the Prairie".

RealAnastasia.
Reply #20
« on: May 20, 2008, 06:55:41 AM »
nena Offline
Velikye Knyaz
But every spring smells like you. Posts: 2807

View Profile

I saw 'Zoya' or Zoya's gold' book in library----talking about IF and their jewels...Very interesting book. Great, here is topic about it.  Cheesy

(Thanks to Emily!)
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥
Reply #21
« on: May 10, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
Alixz

I have not heard of Granny Dan, but Princess Dairy is about a young girl (twins) who are descended from Russian Royalty.
Reply #22
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »
Imperial_Grounds Offline
Knyaz
Your Memory Keeps Me Alive Posts: 579

View Profile

I have only seen 2 movies based on books from Danielle Steels, namely 'Zoya' and 'No Greater Love', both are historical fiction. 'Zoya' centers around the Russian Revolution and its aftermath as seen through the eyes of an escaped Countess(fictional), 'No Greater Love'retells the tragedy of a woman who survives the Titanic-disaster and has to raise her siblings all by herself. I have read 'No Greater Love' and prefer the book over the movie(it has much more on the voyage of the Titanic and how the family got through the sinking and aftermath), I intend to read 'Zoya' when it is re-released here(which is in a few weeks I saw) because I liked the series as a dramatic retelling. So I hope I'll enjoy the book, and that like 'No Greater Love' it will have more on the Revolution itself.

I thought it was great they filmed in Russia, but I must say that I really disliked the Actress portraying Alexandra. She is only seen briefly, but the actress does not look a thing like her, nor does the actress portraying Maria.

Can anyone tell me how 'Granny Danina' and 'Princess Daisy' are?

Learn To Live With My Darker Side
Reply #23
« on: June 20, 2009, 06:20:04 AM »
Alixz

Princess Daisy takes place mainly in the US and England.  But it begins with a young Russian "royal" and his love for an American actress.

The Imperial Family is not in it at all.

I liked the book.  It was given to me by a friend as she knew I was interested in Russian history.  Unfortunately, like all of Steele's books it is historical fiction.

No Greater Love was also a good read.  I picked it up because of its reference to the Titanic.  No Imperial Family at all.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: