Author Topic: Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and family  (Read 165495 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and family
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54:36 AM »
The new Official pictures of the Norwegian Crownprincely Family:
http://www.kongehuset.no/
Je Maintiendrai

Rebecca

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 04:50:34 PM »
interesting   so this baby will  become   H.M. King Sevvre II

No, since Norway nowadays has primogeniture regardless of gender, prince Sverre's older sister Ingrid will one day become the reigning queen.

Maybe I should add that the newborn prince Sverre is also a descendant of king Sverre (who died 1202). :)

Offline Romanov_Fan19

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 04:43:17 PM »
lol  DUH  how could I Have  forgotten that  I.A.  Was his elder sister :-[

Offline RomanovFan

• Knyaz
  • THE BIG PAIR, 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 01:49:33 PM »
Congrats to the Norwegian Royal Family! Does anyone know if he has more names or is it just Sverre Mangus?
~LESLIE~

ROMANOV FAN SINCE 1997

Rebecca

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2005, 02:23:16 PM »
lol  DUH  how could I Have  forgotten that  I.A.  Was his elder sister :-[

That's ok. :) I tend to forget my own telephone number sometimes, so... ;)

Rebecca

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2005, 02:27:19 PM »
Congrats to the Norwegian Royal Family! Does anyone know if he has more names or is it just Sverre Mangus?

I think it's just Sverre Magnus. The Norwegian Royal family has, I think, never been keen on giving their babies lots of names. For instance, king Harald has no other names than Harald.

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
  • Real, Real, Real, por El-Rei de Portugal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2005, 08:54:47 AM »

Hello  :)

Can anyone tell me why on Earth Prince Sverre Magnus will not have the predicate of 'Royal Highness' ?  ???

Viscount

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2005, 10:20:01 AM »
The order of succession to the Norwegian throne is described in article 6 in the Constitution of Norway:

The order of succession is lineal, so that only a child born in lawful wedlock of the Queen or King, or of one who is herself or himself entitled to the succession may succeed, and so that the nearest line shall take precedence over the more remote and the elder in the line over the younger.

An unborn child shall also be included among those entitled to the succession and shall immediately take her or his proper place in the line of succession as soon as she or he is born into the world.

The right of succession shall not, however, belong to any person who is not born in the direct line of descent from the last reigning Queen or King or a sister or brother thereof, or is herself or himself a sister or brother thereof. [...]

For those born before the year 1971, Article 6 of the Constitution as it was passed on 18 November 1905 shall, however, apply. For those born before the year 1990 it shall nevertheless be the case that a male shall take precedence over a female.

Article 6 of the original constitution had specified salic (male-only) succession; so Harald's sisters Ragnhild (b. 1930) and Astrid (b. 1932) and their descendents are excluded from the line of succession. Under the male-preference primogeniture applying to those born between 1971 and 1990, Princess Märtha Louise (b. 1971) places behind her younger brother Haakon and his descendents.

The Viscount

Offline LORENZO

• FERT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2005, 01:45:22 PM »
I read ten minutes ago a press releas on the Royal House of Norway's web site dated 5 december 2005, it talks about the Prince Sverre Magnus, but I found some strange words:

"The King has decided that Prince Sverre Magnus will not have the title His Royal Highness. The Prince’s birthday will not be an official flag day, and there will be no military salutes on this day.

The King’s decision does not entail any constitutional changes. Prince Sverre Magnus is third in line to the throne after Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra."

Anyone could tell me the reason why of this King's decision? Thank you!

Jebediha

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2005, 01:53:06 PM »
only one person can answar you and that is HM King Harald V. And he is the only one.

Jebediha

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2005, 01:59:12 PM »
i see that sombody said that the new norwigian prince Sverre magnus is related to the king Sverre Sturlasson who died in 1202.
that it not true. The Royal Family today has no relation whit the Norwigian Royal family frome the viking ages.
that line died out with Haakon VI When he died in 1380.

Jebediha

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2005, 02:01:46 PM »
i mean that the line of Snurre Sturlasson died out in 1387 not 1380....And it died out with Olav IV.

Offline LORENZO

• FERT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2005, 02:32:35 PM »
Anyone can tell me more about it?  ;)

Rebecca

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2005, 02:45:49 PM »
i see that sombody said that the new norwigian prince Sverre magnus is related to the king Sverre Sturlasson who died in 1202.
that it not true. The Royal Family today has no relation whit the Norwigian Royal family frome the viking ages.
that line died out with Haakon VI When he died in 1380.

I am the "somebody" who said that prince Sverre Magnus is related to king Sverre (Sturlason? Shouldn't the patronymicon be Sigurdsen, since his father was named Sigurd?). It is true, and here is the line:

Sverre I, 1150 or 1152-1202, king of Norway, married secondly, Margareta Eriksdotter of Sweden. Among their issue was:

A. Haakon (Håkon), died 1204, king of Norway. He was unmarried, but had issue by a lady by the name of Inge fra (of) Verteig (or Varteig; I've seen both versions), namely:

B. Haakon (Håkon) IV, 1204-1263, king of Norway. He married Margarete Skulesdotter and among their issue was:

C. Magnus VI, 1238-1280, king of Norway. He married princess Ingeborg of Denmark and among their issue was:

D. Haakon (Håkon) V, 1270-1319, king of Norway. He married secondly Euphemia von Rügen (her father was the prince of Rügen, but I'm not sure if whether she had the title princess or not), and their daughter was:

E. Ingeborg, 1301-1361, princess of Norway. She married firstly Erik, prince of Sweden, and among their issue was:

F. Euphemia, 1317-1370, princess of Sweden. She married Albrecht, duke of Mecklenburg and among their issue was:

G. Magnus, died 1384, duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He married Elisabeth of Pomerania, and among their issue was:

I. Johann, born ca 1365, died 1422, duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He married secondly Katharina, princess of Saxe-Lauenburg, and among their issue was:

J. Heinrich IV, 1417-1477, duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He married Dorothea, princess of Brandenburg, and among their issue was:

K. Magnus II, 1441-1503, duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He married Sophie, princess of Pomerania, and among their issue was:

L. Albrecht, 1488-1547, duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He married Anna, princess of Brandenburg and among their issue was:

M. Ulrich, 1528-1603, duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He married Elisabeth, princess of Denmark and their only child was:

N. Sophie, 1557-1631, duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. She married Frederik II, king of Denmark, and among their issue was:

O. Christian IV, 1577-1648, king of Denmark. He married firstly Anna Katharina, princess of Brandenburg and among their issue was:

P. Frederik III, 1609-1670, king of Denmark. He married Sophie Amalie, princess (or duchess) of Brunswick-Lüneburg and among their issue was:

Q. Christian V, 1646-1699, king of Denmark. He married Charlotte, princess of Hesse-Kassel, and among their issue was:

R. Frederik IV, 1671-1730, king of Denmark. He married firstly Louise, duchess of Mecklenburg-Güstrow and among their issue was:

S. Christian VI, 1699-1746, king of Denmark. He married Sophie Magdalene, princess of Brandenburg-Bayreuth and among their issue was:

To be continued.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Rebecca »

Rebecca

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2005, 03:02:18 PM »
T. Frederik V, 1723-1766, king of Denmark. He married firstly Louise, princess of Great Britain and among their issue was:

U. Louise, 1750-1831, princess of Denmark. She married lantgrave Karl of Hesse-Kassel, and among their issue was:

V. Louise, 1789-1867, princess of Hesse-Kassel. She married Wilhelm, duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sönderburg-Glücksburg and among their issue was:

W. Christian IX, 1818-1906, succeeded 1863 as king of Denmark. He married Louise, princess of Hesse-Kassel, and among their issue was:

X. Frederik VIII, 1843-1912, king of Denmark. He married Louise (Lovisa), princess of Sweden and among their issue was:

Y. Haakon VII, 1872-1957, king of Norway since 1905. He married Maud, princess of Great Britain and their only son was:

Z. Olav V, 1903-1991, king of Norway. He married Märtha, princess of Sweden, and among their issue was:

ZZ. Harald V, 1937-, king of Norway. He is married to Sonja Haraldsen and among their issue is:

ZZZ. Haakon (Håkon) Magnus, 1973-, crown prince of Norway. He is married to Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby and among their issue is:

ZZZZ. Sverre Magnus, 2005-, prince of Norway.

I apologise for any mistakes regarding titles or years which I may have made. But the line is correct.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Rebecca »