Author Topic: pics in ur signature  (Read 16203 times)

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
pics in ur signature
« on: May 10, 2005, 04:17:23 PM »
how do u get pics in ur signature?  ???
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
Re: pics in ur signature
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 08:43:12 PM »
Oh this note, I would like to ask that they be a rule put on to how large you signature picture can be.  I think it's a good idea if we stick to the basic sizes. Otherwise, it's very hard to load pages with a slow connection, and it's very cluttering on the board.
Below are some standard sizes:

(Credit to Banner Images goes to SimplyGraphix.com)

P.s To get a banner in your signature, you simply need to add the picture coding where you signature is. I would answer more fully, but it looks like you got a banner in your siggy already ^_^

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 10:50:24 AM »
thanks so much! :D
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 01:38:26 PM »
Not a problem. But I want to thank you for using a small signature banner, not many users are as user aware as you. Thank you

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »
I thank you too. For those on dial up connections it makes loading a lot easier.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 09:36:23 PM »
Yes indeed (there are certain people who shall remain nameless who need their hands slapped or something for having huge pics in their signature).

David_Pritchard

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 11:28:23 PM »
I find those who use signature pictures of a Goth he-she to be particularly annoying. I wish they would cease and desist as the pictures lend nothing to the forum and diminish the credibility of everything that they write.

DAP

Offline Dominic_Albanese

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 07:28:24 AM »
I agree - frankly, I wish the picture feature in the signature was turned off all together.  It adds nothing to the forum, is one more thing that must be downloaded when reading a thread, and they tend to clutter up the long threads when you are reading them in full ???

dca
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Dominic_Albanese »

Anastasia_R

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 07:32:09 PM »
Um I'm not sure if this is in that link that you posted Laura(my grandparent's comp doesn't allow pop-ups)but can I get directions for how to make one,and also do you have to pay $$$ to make them? ??? ???

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 10:12:03 PM »
Hey Anastasia_R!
How to make a banner is totally different then how to put one in your signature.

To make one you're going to need a photo manipulation program (like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro).

Feel free to PM me if you have some more questions. It's rather late here, so I gotta head to bed soon. I'll see if I can come up with some more concrete tutorials tomorrow  ;)

Anastasia_R

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 07:32:54 AM »
I'll PM you sometime today.I'm pretty sure we have Photoshop because that is how my da makes his beer labels.;) Thanks Laura!!!!

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Fortuna vitrea est; tum cum splendet frangitur
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »
I want to add one pic to my signature, but I don't have money to get a banner,because  they're toooo  expensive and I can't pay it. Can someone help me????? Please
Russia cannot be grasped with the mind, or measured in feet and inches, for she has a special character: In Russia one can only believe. ~Fyodor Tyutchev.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
Please keep your signature pics SMALL. When they are too large, it creates problems for page loading time and pushes the page length very very far down, especially if people with large pics are posting a lot in the same thread.

Mods are directed to warn users if their signature pics are too large.

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
I want to add one pic to my signature, but I don't have money to get a banner,because  they're toooo  expensive and I can't pay it. Can someone help me????? Please

You don't have to buy anything! Here's a thread where the girls here have made lots of them for anyone to use. All you do is choose one, copy and paste the url into your signature spot on your profile, and put the img tags around it just like posting a picture. If you need more help the girls there will glady assist you!

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=osq572hrjnemvnq9ndp1lma2h1&topic=9137.0

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Fortuna vitrea est; tum cum splendet frangitur
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 07:36:52 PM »

You don't have to buy anything! Here's a thread where the girls here have made lots of them for anyone to use. All you do is choose one, copy and paste the url into your signature spot on your profile, and put the img tags around it just like posting a picture. If you need more help the girls there will glady assist you!

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=osq572hrjnemvnq9ndp1lma2h1&topic=9137.0

Thanks for your advice, Fantastic idea Lemur :-)
Russia cannot be grasped with the mind, or measured in feet and inches, for she has a special character: In Russia one can only believe. ~Fyodor Tyutchev.