Author Topic: pics in ur signature  (Read 16204 times)

Anastasia Spalko

Re: pics in ur signature
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »
help! I still can't get this to work!  I know, I'm pretty lame, but then again, I'm still a tween

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »
Hhm, are you sure your link is available to seen, IMO, looking at those code in your sig., I would say it is not available. Try again with image code (I think it is not proper) -- and code you would paste when marking image code:

Too much codes, aren't they?   :-D
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »
Thank you for trying to help, but it's too confusing and I've decided to live without one.  My signature says enough about me, and at least my posts won't take forever to load.  :D

Alixz

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
There are only a certain number of spaces set aside for signatures.  Each banner has a great number of characters in the links used to make them show.

If you try to put a banner as well as a quote, you may run out of spaces for the characters.

Please try to keep the banners as small as possible.  Some are still too big and make the thread and the whole forum slow to load especially for dial up members.

The height of the banners can be decreased by changing the height number in the link.  I know that many of you are not familiar with working to change a link, but it is not too hard once you take a good look at what it says.  It has the height and the width as well as the link address.

Thank you all for trying to comply with FA's wishes when it comes to how big your signature banners and quotes are and how much space they take up.

Also FA has requested that you not use "texting spelling" as not everyone understands it.  Please use standard English.

Thanks again.

Offline Jessika

• Everyday my way gets brighter..
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »
I have a banner that I made myself,I uploaded it on photobucket and pasted the url,added the [/img] and it still did not work....What am I doing wrong?

Alixz

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »
I am not sure.  Did you put it in the right place in the Profile section of the Forum and make sure that the size is not too big?

Offline Jessika

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »
I am not sure.  Did you put it in the right place in the Profile section of the Forum and make sure that the size is not too big?

I went to Forum profile Info,pasted the url in the signature,here is the link,I don't know what size it is but I didn't think it's too big. http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad135/TitanicPhan/51720979f49cd1d5f0f828037f5f89fa-d3d303x.jpg?t=1301804939

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »
I just tried it for you (hope you don't mind) and it came out fine for me! all i did was the image tags and i copied the link you gave... it came up fine for me! Perhaps you should try that! I hope I helped! I like the signature you're trying to show by the way!
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Alixz

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
It is very beautiful.  It might be a little too big for the forum, though.  I know that Laura Mabee put the required measurements into one of the threads but I'll have to look for them.  Actually it is on page one of this thread.  She posted the image of the sizes that FA wants everyone to use for banners.

We do try to keep the signatures at a reasonable size so that they don't make the threads take too long to load for those who still might be on dial up.  The band width required for the forum is huge and so it has to be used wisely.

Offline Jessika

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
I don't mind at all! Are image tags different from URLs? I don't have a clue...And thank you! I'm glad you like it!

As for the size,when I can get it to actually work,I will re-size it. I would hate to know I've caused any trouble so I will definitely choose one of the banner sizes Laura Mabee posted.

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 10:41:26 PM »
I sent you a PM Jessika! I hope it helps!  :)
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline Jessika

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
Thank you so much RHB! I'll look at it now.

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
I noticed when I looked at my outbox that the first PM didn't come out right so i sent another and hopefully that's more understandable!  :)
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline Jessika

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
You're the best ever! Okay? Thank you so much!!

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
No problem, glad I could help!  :)
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!