Author Topic: Olga Evgenievna Byutsova  (Read 12933 times)

Offline tian79

• View Profile
Olga Evgenievna Byutsova
« on: May 03, 2004, 07:24:45 AM »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:02:10 AM by Svetabel »

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
Re: Olga Evgenievna Byutsova
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 10:41:02 PM »
And could anyone volunteer any information on this very amiable looking lady?

Offline Joanna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Winter Palace Research
    • View Profile
    • Winter Palace Research
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 10:32:57 PM »
Many thanks Antonio and Rob! I had never known identity of her.

Janet I have found references to her in Alexandra's letters:

Olga Even'evna Byutsova, fraulein to Alexandra, married to G.N. Papfedorov.

Nov 20, 1914: "... I am disappointed in her [Ania] - must always have something new like Olga Evg..."

Dec 14, 1914: "...I say Oga Evg she has quite broken down after her brother's death, the nerves have given way & phisically her strength fails her, wretched soul - so she needs a month's good rest & hopes then to set to work again..."

Mar 1, 1915: "... I had Olga E. to say goodbye, she leaves for a quiet sanatorium near Moscou for 2 months..."

June 14, 1915: "...Old Fred. of course made a confusion & gived O. Evg. [a gift based] on her money she got as my lady, not her Father's pension (wh. was much less) & she asked for ..."

Nov 3, 1915: "...For sure Olga Evgenevna will watch you from somewhere, as she lives at Odessa..."

Jan 4, 1916: "...Papa-Federov and O.E. have come to town & hope to see her ..."

Jan 14, 1916: "...Olga Evgenjevna lunches..."

Jan 15, 1916: "...Olga Evgenjevna the same as always, begged to send her compliments ..."

Apr 11, 1916: "...Olga Evg. wrote & begged me to gi ve you over her best Easter-wishes..."

Aug 15, 1916: "...I had a letter fr. Olga Evg. you know she is always so grieved her husband no longer has his "eagles" [indicating the rank of colonel]. Now she read the Commanders of Military ports (rear or vice-admirals) are being called up to active duty in conformity with order 26/5. 1916 and of course her hopes and apetite arose, she begs me only to know this - but I mention it to you feeling, I must say sure, you cant do anything and Nilov I know is against him and [will] laugh at the idea of her wanting Papa F. [G.N. Papfedorov, the husband of Ogla Evg] to get the "eagles" back again ..."

Dec 16, 1916: "N.P. took tea, told heaps about Odessa and the battalion, Olga Evgen. etc...."

From the above it seems that Olga Evgen. had left Alexandra during the war. I am curious if it was because of her marriage. And of her life prior to 1914 with the Imperial family.

Joanna

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 10:46:50 PM »
Thank you, Joanna; very kind of you to take the time and effort to post all those mentions of Olga E.    :)

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 03:42:28 PM »
What happened with Baroness von Butzow?

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
More photos of Byutsova:

THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Nicol De Valern

• Graf
  • Soul to God, Loyality to Crown, Honor to nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »
I had been looking different information in the official site of the Russian State Archive, when found that Byutsova Olga Evgenievna have a separate huge fund consisting of 420 different documents from 1883 until 1917. So, it seems to be, that she was rather interesting woman, not just a simple Lady in Waiting and daughter of a rich Russian diplomat Byutsov Evgeny Karlovich (1837 - 1904).

Here are main list of documents of her own separate fund:

The Emperor Nicholas II court's service documents: notices and invitations to receptions, ceremonies, the balls, and lists of the suite and close to the court, members of the diplomatic corps in Russia (1909 - 1915). The program of the French Republic President Poincare visit to Russia in July 1914. Supplement to the newspaper "Vedomosti of St. Petersburg governor "of 11 January, 1905 about the events on January 9, 1905 in St. Petersburg. Documents on charitable activities of Byutsova Olga Evgenievna: aid to the wounded during the First World War. Letters to Byutsova from the Empress Alexandra Feodorovna, daughters of the Emperor Nicholas II, Grand Duchesses - Olga Nikolaevna, Tatiana Nikolaevna, Maria Nikolaevna and Anastasia Nikolaevna, Botkin family, Archimandrite Barnabas, a lawyer Koni and others. Family correspondence, letters of relatives and friends. Photos.

If I will have free time in the future I'll contact with this archive and maybe add here some info.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:34:42 PM by Nicol De Valern »
"I think that if Shakespeare lived in our times he would not be able to write. Many of his works are not welcome on stage nowadays: The Merchant of Venice anti-Semitism, Othello racism, The Taming of the Shrew sexism, Romeo and Juliet - hideous heterosexual show..." - Vladimir Bukovsky.

Offline royalone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Thank you for your info.
I originally was interested in this woman as we look quite a bit alike! (Minus the dark circles under her eyes)
I have pictures of me in period dress from around this time and the resemblance is uncanny. Maybe I will scan a picture in the future.

Offline lilianna

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
, . 1915 .
- I .

Byutsova Olga, the maid of honor of the Empress in 1915, married Papafedorova.
George N. Papafedorov - Captain I rank Guards.

Offline Andrucha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 04:50:38 AM »
Бюцова, Ольга Евгеньевна
Olga was the sister of my grandfather Constantine, she died in Berlin in 1925.
Andre Berg de Butzow

Offline Nicol De Valern

• Graf
  • Soul to God, Loyality to Crown, Honor to nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
Бюцова, Ольга Евгеньевна
Olga was the sister of my grandfather Constantine, she died in Berlin in 1925.
Andre Berg de Butzow

Andre Berg,

Thank you very much for the information. Seems to me Mrs. Buytsova died rather young, based on her appearence on IF photos. Another sad emigre destiny...R.I.P.

"I think that if Shakespeare lived in our times he would not be able to write. Many of his works are not welcome on stage nowadays: The Merchant of Venice anti-Semitism, Othello racism, The Taming of the Shrew sexism, Romeo and Juliet - hideous heterosexual show..." - Vladimir Bukovsky.

Offline rudy3

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
What a pity: just missed this item for sale at Christie's last week......

A Silver-Gilt, Cloisonn and Guilloch Enamel Cigarette Case ....

the inside cover inscribed with the facsimile signatures, I. Tatichef Drenteln Dr. Eug. Botkin, O. Butzow,

"Olga von Btzow (1877-1925) was a lady-in-waiting to Empress Alexandra Feodorovna and later married officer George Papa-Fedorov"

here:

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?from=salesummary&intObjectID=5380116&sid=ad0b24dd-8166-4c51-b20e-1e9d6f97bbb7&link=prev&page=11

Rudy