Author Topic: Lenin/AA  (Read 11796 times)

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
Lenin/AA
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:11:29 PM »
I ran across this while reading Remembering Anna Anderson
Part II By John Godl:
"When the Berlin wall fell in 1989 and the east opened up the contents of certain secret archives were made known to historians all over the world," Dr. Von Berenberg-Gossler reports, "proving that Lenin had been extraordinarily interested in dividing the tsarist emigration. This is why Lenin deliberately supported "Miss Unknown" as much as he could, financially and otherwise, after she was pulled from the canal in Berlin in the early 20's. Its been found Lenin had a complete file on the Anastasia case in Moscow. I had already assumed this was the case during the course of the legal procedure I was leading in this matter. I even shared my suppositions with the court; however, I was not in a position to prove them at the time."

Does anyone know anymore about this? Did Lenin really fund AA?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
Re: Lenin/AA
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:38:22 PM »
Lenin died in 1924. I sincerely doubt this foolishness was much upon his mind.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:50:07 PM »
Thank you Robert. I have a lot to learn. I know nothing about Godl
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 10:36:48 AM »
For some reason, the now generation of historians writing about Lenin  don't seem to understand why Lenin would be interested in someone like AA in the early 1920s.  In fact, many don't even think Lenin gave any orders to have Nicholas II and the others executed in July of 1918.

Greg King  and I had a conversation about the connection between Lenin and the execution, and, I'll go find where that is and bring the URL here.

http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=revolution;action=display;num=1097423232;start=0#0

There was someone who started to post about this subject of Lenin and AA but I don't remember which post and it was probably more than six or seven months ago.  If and when I find the post about Lenin and AA,  I'll copy it and bring it here.

I think I read somewhere that Stalin was just as interested in AA but haven't a clue this morning where I read this data.

I believe in Lenin's case it had a great deal to do with trying to find the billions of dollars which they thought Nicholas II had in various banks in England, Japan, USA, Canada, S. America and Germany.  When AA came up with one of the key words, or so they thought, they thought the Swiss bank was going to open it's vault but it didn't.

Also, there is the fact that Anastasia's body is one of the two missing from the mass grave and this indicates she might have escaped the fate which the rest of her family did not.  

Anyway,  I'll dig around and see what I can find.

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 05:21:24 PM »
Thank you Penny. I think Lenin had several reasons to be interested it what happened to the IF. This was the first reference I ran across. I am still looking.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 05:41:19 PM »
My reference was concerning  the AA  nonsense. NOT his interest in the Imperial Family. Whether or not Lenin ordered the executions is not the topic.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 06:38:21 PM »
BTW, what does "God" have to do with any of this ?

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 06:45:51 PM »
BTW, what does "God" have to do with any of this ?

GODL...John Godl.
I chose the road less traveled and now...where the heck am I????

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 07:14:22 PM »
Thanks, I missed that. However, simple logic  will illustrate that Lenin had very limited resources to rebuild/restructure/educate and try to feed an entire nation. He was dealing with a massive social/ecconomical/political experiment. He had his own local rivalries and his failing health to deal with. I am not defending him or the experiment. I am just pointing out what seems pretty obvious- why would he care or even spend money on something not even taken seriously in Germany ? They would soon be selling off Romanov  "treasures" just to pay some bills.
"Files" on the subject ? More likely a clipping file.

Of course, some still look under bedposts for the red menace. I think all they may find are dustbunnies from a lack of Hoovering.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 08:05:33 PM »
There is a lot of reasons why Lenin would have wanted to keep tabs on AA or even pay the tab of AA's.

Unlike us,  Lenin did not have William Clarke's book THE LOST FORTUNE OF THE TSARS.

I know it's difficult for some of you to understand what we know today, the world didn't know then.

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 08:19:07 PM »
And, using that very reference- there was no fortune and the only ones to think there might have been were outside of Russia. The start of the greedy goose-chases.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 08:21:34 PM »
Its fine for us to sit back in 2005 and say there wasn't any money, jewels, etc.  but they didn't know it in 1920.

AGRBear

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 08:22:58 PM »
BTW-just what were these "reasons" ? and also what didn't "they" know then ? Seems, after taking over every account book in Russia and it's connections, pretty much everything would be available for scrutiny.

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 07:23:51 AM »
I have read accounts that say Lenin was troubled by the reports of the murders. That some things were too conflicted. He might have had doubts.I have no proof of this but it would explain why he might be interested in checking out "survivor" stories.

Even if he knew everything beyond a single doubt about what happened to the IF, a "survivor" could cause his new regime problems.

I don't believe he would have helped AA financially. I think he would have wanted to check out this kind of story as a "loose end".
I chose the road less traveled and now...where the heck am I????

Mgmstl

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2005, 08:52:46 AM »
I think had Lenin been more interested in the Romanov's or their fate, or their fortunes or their jewels, there would have been a search of their clothing long before an executio, and I think Nicholas would have been brought to Moscow for a trial.

However, Lenin was running a country that was torn apart by WWI & a Civil War, sure he despised the Romanovs, but he had more important issues on his mind, the least of which was the deposed Tsar & his family.  

The lack of telegrams or directives should be a huge clue here.