Author Topic: I, Anastasia: an Autobiography  (Read 6033 times)

Offline grandduchess_sofia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: I, Anastasia: an Autobiography
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 12:53:53 PM »
it was!!!  :) i don't know if its still there but it is worth a look!
Also even if anyone did survive they'd be dead now anyway.  
sopsxx :)

Offline Suzanne

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • Carolyn Harris Royal Historian
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 10:07:52 PM »
There is some useful stuff in "I, Anastasia" as well, in the passages where the editor compares the "reminsences" of the Anastasia claimant with information pertaining to the actual Grand Duchess. He includes memories from Pierre Gilliard that do not appear in "Thirteen Years at the Russian Court" including a very adorable scene where 4 year on Anastasia enters her older sisters' classroom and declares, "I want to learn French too", pointing to pictures of animals and asking what they are called in French.

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 11:23:28 PM »
I saw this for US$9,999 on Amazon :o, but had to laugh when I came across it on Bookfinder for a measley NZ$1.30 or so!

Offline Shvibzik

• Graf
  • Bling it on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 10:35:55 AM »
I saw this for US$9,999 on Amazon :o, but had to laugh when I came across it on Bookfinder for a measley NZ$1.30 or so!

That's what I found too! :o When I told my mom she laughed and said there must be some mistake.  Wow, you found it really cheap, I looked around and found it only as low as 10.00! ::)

Offline Elizabeth

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 10:42:05 AM »
Yeah, there are a lot of "Anastasia" books out there now that sell for REALLY cheap.  I think after the DNA results came out that some started GIVING their books away.   ;)

E--

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 03:53:25 PM »
I didn't buy it (the $1:30 one that is - nor the 10-grand one!), but if you are interested, you should try searching on bookfinder.com, that way you can find the cheapest/best option from a variety of sources all at once rather than have to go backwards and forwards between various sites.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Georgiy »

Offline Shvibzik

• Graf
  • Bling it on
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2005, 04:07:28 PM »
No, I don't think I am going to buy it right now.  It just doesn't seem worth it at this point. :-/  

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 09:22:40 PM »
It's author is Roland Krug Von Nidda, and actually you'll like it if you read it. Very accurate in Anna Anderson. But I think Anna Anderson didn't like it at all.  ::)

RealAnastasia.

Offline Shvibzik

• Graf
  • Bling it on
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 03:39:44 PM »
Wasn't there another "autobiography" out there at one time (not by Anna Anderson), from another one of the "claimants."  It was actually written by the woman, but she was proved to be false (I think Life or Look Magazine had a story on her back in the 1950s or 1960s, and the discovered AFTER the article was published that it wasn't REALLY AN - duh!)...

Here is what your talking about:

...Eugenia Smith, of Chicago, also known as Eugenia Drabek Smetisko, (1899-31 January 1997) was the author of the Autobiography of HIH Anastasia Nicholaevna of Russia, in which she claimed to be Grand Duchess Anastasia...

Is it the same book?

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 07:52:56 PM »
Yeah, there are a lot of "Anastasia" books out there now that sell for REALLY cheap.  I think after the DNA results came out that some started GIVING their books away.   ;)

E--

Great News, Elizabeth! I would like to have all these books, and in my country there are pretty expensive! So, if people are giving them just for the DNA results...I wish they give me them TO ME!  ;D ;D (I'm always interested in this subject)

RealAnastasia.