Author Topic: Reburial of Empress Marie & her final resting place in Russia  (Read 73265 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Reburial of Empress Marie Feodorovna
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 02:16:53 PM »
Update by the Danish Foreign Ministry:
http://www.reburial.um.dk/en/menu/ReburialEvents/TheReburialCeremony/ProgrammeOfEventsInDenmark/

The Copenhagen Royal Chapel Choir will sing during the ceremony in the Cathedral of St.Peter and St.Paul.

http://www.kdk.dk/english.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:34:49 PM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »
Who of Royal Europe, will atend the reburial?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »
So far, I have seen only the Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark announced. But I would bet that Prince Michael of Kent will be there, at least. Maybe the Greeks ?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline rgt9w

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2006, 06:23:09 PM »
Does anyone know if the reburial ceremony will be televised by any of the 24 hour news agencies? I remember CNN International televised the funeral of Nicholas II.

Offline JASPER

• To Russia With Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2006, 06:08:39 PM »
I had dinner yesterday evening with Princess Olga Romanov who is the Great Grandaughter of the Empress Maria, and she advised me that she will be attending with her children. Princess Olga's Grandmother was Xenia, Nicholas ll's sister. Princess Olga informed me that she will probably be the 'Main Relative' to participate in Denmark, but there will be many relatives for the State Funeral in Russia. (I understand that Prince Michael is more a 'distant' relative than a 'direct' descendant, but as often a 'figurehead', I am sure he will be attending) Princess Olga told me that she will relate the event when we meet on her return.
Bestest Wishes. 

Offline Zanthia

• Boyar
  • "She always made other women look common"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2006, 03:19:50 AM »
I think it is so snobbish that Xenia Kulikovski isn't invited to the ceremony, but distant Romanovs from California and Australia, who's not even related to Minnie, are! Xenia is her great granddaughter for crying out loud. After a little struggle with the ministery, her son has been allowed to attend the ceremony, but have to pay out of his own pocket. The royal houses and the russian government should of course be present, but all Minnie's descendants should have had first priority, not just Olga because she's a princess.
Of Alix: "I was raised in an age of beautiful women, and the two most beautiful was the Empress Elisabeth of Austria and my own mother"  George V

"We've invited all the beautiful women we know, but the Princess of Wales in the most beautiful of them all"  Bertie

Offline James1941

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2006, 10:49:48 AM »
Xenia Kulikovsky will be attending the ceremonies in Denlmark. She and her family have been invited and will attend the ceremony in the cathedral and later at a reception given by Queen Margarethe. Her son, Paul, and his family will accompany the body to St. Petersburg and attend all the ceremonies. Xenia was invited there but has declined because of poor health. I have received this information from a spokesman for the Danish Foreign Ministry in reply to my email to them about her involvement.

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »
We wish all descendants well. This is a resolution which has been long in coming, and perhaps will be a significant part of the ongoing mending process.

Offline JASPER

• To Russia With Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »
Princess Olga too has to pay her own hotel etc. expenses, and that of her children.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »
I think it is so snobbish that Xenia Kulikovski isn't invited to the ceremony, but distant Romanovs from California and Australia, who's not even related to Minnie, are! Xenia is her great granddaughter for crying out loud. After a little struggle with the ministery, her son has been allowed to attend the ceremony, but have to pay out of his own pocket. The royal houses and the russian government should of course be present, but all Minnie's descendants should have had first priority, not just Olga because she's a princess.

A few points of clarification:

1. The only Romanov presently residing in Australia is Michael Andreivich, who is the Dowager Empress' great grandson (Maria Feodorovna - GD Xenia - Prince Andrei Alexandrovich - Michael Andreivich). Kindly cite the name and geneology of the "distant Romanovs" attending from Australia  to whom you object.

2. The only Romanovs residing in California (to my knowledge) are Michael A (above)'s brother Andrei Andreivich and his children and grandchildren. They would be great grandsons and beyond, but nonetheless, direct descendants. Also living here is a daughter of Princess Marina Vasilovna (Maria Feodorovna - GD Xenia - Prince Vasili Alexandrovich - Marina Vasilovna - Daughter) residing here, a great granddaughter of the Dowager Empress, who I will not name because she has young children and is a private citizen. Kindly cite the name(s) and geneology of the "distant Romanovs" attending from California to whom you object.

3. To my knowledge, the only "Princess Olga" I know of is Olga Andreivna, the daughter of Prince Andrei A (2 of whose children by his first wife are listed above). Olga A should be included as she, too is a great grandchild of MF.

4. The 50 or so descendants of Nicholas I do not get together often, so I, for one, am hopeful that as many as possible will get together for the reburial of HIM the Empress Maria Feodorvona. However, if you have reasons why they should not be together, I would love to hear them.

Offline viv rosendahl

• east,west, home is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2006, 06:03:11 PM »
4. The 50 or so descendants of Nicholas I do not get together often, so I, for one, am hopeful that as many as possible will get together for the reburial of HIM the Empress Maria Feodorvona. However, if you have reasons why they should not be together, I would love to hear them.

The point is - or was- that Xenia Kulikovsky complained last week in a Danish weekly, that neither she nor her two brothers had been
invited to the ceremony at Roskilde Cathedral on September 23rd, whereas many of the Romanoffs (sic) ( hinting at the descendants
of Nicholas I) from Denmark, Australia and California had received an invitation. She doesn't mind that, nor does anyone else!

However it goes without saying, that the Kulikovskis should be present at the reburial. They are just as important and just as "main relative"
as "Princess" Olga and other members of the GD Xenia Alexandrovna branch.

The Kulikovskis were not mentioned in the Danish media until last week, whereas the distant relation Prince Dimitri Romanoff has been
here, there and everywhere! But then again, in this context I suppose it's better to be a 'prince'  that a retired postwoman,as
xenia Kulikovsky happens to be!

Alle the best

Viv

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2006, 08:52:58 PM »
Hi,

Thank you Lisa for giving us an exact breakdown as to the relationship each of these descendants have to MF.
I think it would be very nice and diplomatic of all her descendants and relations to come together and celebrate a happy day -- a reunion of Alexander III and Maria Feodorovna and a reconciliation of all the Romanovs.
However, I guess money constraints prevent everyone attending.

Just think - it's only a month away today that it all begins.

Larry

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2006, 11:02:05 AM »
I cannot recall if the Kulikovsky branch of the family was excluded from the burial of Nicholas II and family or not. I don't believe they are members of the Romanov Family Association. The RFA reckons matters by patrilineal descent which is why the descendants of GD Nicholas are senior in the RFA to those of GD Alexander Mikhailovich. This, I think is the reason, not XK's profession, for the invitation situation. With the RFA involved, I am not certain that the Yurievskys or the family of GD Maria V will be involved, either.

Offline viv rosendahl

• east,west, home is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »
I cannot recall if the Kulikovsky branch of the family was excluded from the burial of Nicholas II and family or not. I don't believe they are members of the Romanov Family Association. The RFA reckons matters by patrilineal descent which is why the descendants of GD Nicholas are senior in the RFA to those of GD Alexander Mikhailovich. This, I think is the reason, not XK's profession, for the invitation situation. With the RFA involved, I am not certain that the Yurievskys or the family of GD Maria V will be involved, either.

AFAIK the Kulikovskys did not attend the 1998 burial of Nicholas II and family nor are they members of the RFA.
However that's beyond the point! The point is that they should be invited to attend the reburial of their ancestor!
Empress Dagmar/Maria Feodorovna has great grandchildren and their descendants living in Denmark. They are her blood family.
The Kulikovskis have now been invited, which is the only decent thing to do;  in fact their attendance should never have been
questioned in the first place!

I understand your post to the effect that the Kulikovskis have no right to be there, just because they don't fit into the order
of precedence established by the RFA, the members of which obviously need their 15 minutes of fame come September 23rd!
Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I read it. The RFA a.o. has been instrumental in the reburial arrangements, and it's not exactly rocket
science to establish, that in this respect a princely title is a better vehicle than that of a postman!
However their concern and consideration for the less illustrious blood relations of Empress Dagmar at an earlier stage in the process
would have been appropriate! 

Viv