Author Topic: identification  (Read 224527 times)

Offline victoriakin

• An Old Photo of My Grandpa, Very Dear.
    • View Profile
Re: identification
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2010, 09:43:08 AM »
Not at alll. 0 resemblance, in fact the boy posted looks more like GD Dimitri Pavlovich (im not saying its him but i see some resemblance) than young Nicholas.

and as i said before, the photograph technic and how it looks it modern than 1878`s pictures. I d say the picture of that boy is from early 1900s.

it is similar Dimitri Pavlovich, if you have certainty you can write? I send a photo of the empress, coming from same album , you know the child? thanks

How cuteee!! thats Georgiy Alexandrovich!! *0*

Respectfully, this photo is a female baby. The dress is flowing and obviously is a dress. The shoes are girl-style with ankle straps and tipped at the front with embellishments. I really think that this identification needs to be reviewed considering this is not a photo of a boy.

World Travel Bookings Available from
http://portspecials.com

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2010, 09:55:07 AM »

Respectfully, this photo is a female baby. The dress is flowing and obviously is a dress. The shoes are girl-style with ankle straps and tipped at the front with embellishments. I really think that this identification needs to be reviewed considering this is not a photo of a boy.

That time little babies, boys and girls, were dressed alike. Sometimes it's even impossible to understand who is in the picture.

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2010, 11:02:28 AM »
Svetabel is right. Here s a proof that baby Georgiy as many baby boys of that period used dresses

Plus, im pretty sure this is georgiy, because looks like him and Maria`s hairdo and dress its according at the year he was born 1871-1872.

I have studied victorian fashion for years so im talking with arguments.

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline SweetAngels

• "Damm the rules, make it an experiment"-BP
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
Indeed both girls and boys were dressed a like it could well been any of the tsars sons or daughter. They are many royal photos of both boys and girls dressed in dresses.

"He who knows best, never learns anything"~Henrik Tikkanen
"Wo man singt, da lass Dich ruhig nieder. Böse Menschen haben keine Lieder."~ J. C Seume

Offline mishaxenia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2010, 06:35:41 PM »
i know this seller and i ve helped a few times in put right labels to his/her pictures. At least he/she is nice and accept her/his mistakes not like Hephaiste who sells in it majority, fake pictures about royalty and when you try to correct him/ her he/she gets pissed off.
They are not a vendor and is a pleasure to acquire photo of the Romanov, To identify the Imperial Family is easy but others are difficult. Some vendors are sure and create many doubts, find in sale photo of the Vyrubova,Sophie Buxhoeveden ,  guards of ipatiev' house , and others Thanks of your aid!  .  Hephaiste no comment  !!!!!!!!

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »
yup, im always glad to help ebay sellers and that Seller its a pretty good person and not a Fraud one like Hephaiste. Lately his/her items are very laughable.

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Offline victoriakin

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2010, 12:16:35 AM »
Svetabel is right. Here s a proof that baby Georgiy as many baby boys of that period used dresses

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1492/10sd839.jpg

Plus, im pretty sure this is georgiy, because looks like him and Maria`s hairdo and dress its according at the year he was born 1871-1872.

To my view, boy is on the right, wearing knickers. Girl is on the left wearing frills.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:30:40 AM by Svetabel »

Offline SweetAngels

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2010, 12:38:59 AM »

To my view, boy is on the right, wearing knickers. Girl is on the left wearing frills.

By lookinhg how old Nicky is you can count out that it is Gerogiy in the dress.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:31:08 AM by Svetabel »

"Wo man singt, da lass Dich ruhig nieder. Böse Menschen haben keine Lieder."~ J. C Seume

Offline victoriakin

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2010, 12:50:45 AM »

I don't know if it is a correct assumption to make that just because a boy on the right is known to be someone of a certain age that the figure on the left has to be a male wearing a dress. There are no males wearing dresses in that family, I am certain of it. I think that by then they had the good sense to use knickers and boots on boys and I have not yet seen a male dressed like a female, royal or not, in that era.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:31:40 AM by Svetabel »

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2010, 01:33:44 AM »

I don't know if it is a correct assumption to make that just because a boy on the right is known to be someone of a certain age that the figure on the left has to be a male wearing a dress. There are no males wearing dresses in that family, I am certain of it. I think that by then they had the good sense to use knickers and boots on boys and I have not yet seen a male dressed like a female, royal or not, in that era.

And I've seen a lot of little males of that era dressed like little females. Even in the 1880-1890s some Royal persons dressed their chiildren alike.

Those boys are Nikolai and Georgiy, no doubt.

Offline SweetAngels

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2010, 01:48:53 AM »
Their is a lot of royaltys that wore dresses, for insteant Alexei Nikolaievich wore dress when he was a small boy, his father Nikolai Alexandrovich, Xenia boys all wore dress for example. But their is a lot of male children who wore dress, even Dagmars brother Waldemar wore a dress when he was an older child. So I think that we can say that the male children did wear dresses. 

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2010, 03:03:55 AM »
Until the age of three the boys inroyal families were dressed as girls.

Several examples:
Tsarevich Alexei Nikolevich

Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich with his mother Maria

Grand Duke Mikhail Alexandrovich with sister Xenia

Prince Andrei Alexandrovich with sister Irina

Or something non-Russian: Prince John of England

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »
Thanks for make a point. There are lots of propofs of what we are talking about. The baby with Marie F IS Georgiy Alexandrovich and the boy next to toddler Nicholas  IS also Georgiy Alexandrovich. Period

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »
Can anyone identify some of the participants here?

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
I see at the left Nicholas Ii, Alexandra and Gd serge Alexandrovich, At the right, Gd Vladimir Alexandrovich and perhaps Maria Pavlovna, but im in doubt with this one cause it could be also Ella.-