Author Topic: identification  (Read 227200 times)

Offline mishaxenia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: identification
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:10 AM »
This photo was with other photos of the grand duchess  Ksenia Aleksandrovna , I think the princess Irina Yusupova but you recognize the man? thanks

Today watching the documentary film, "Olga: The Last Grand Duchess", perhaps I seen the man in the photo. Do you know the identity of the man guest of the Empress in Hvidøre? Thanks

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/49795/2560369600105221653S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/49768/2982220860105221653S600x600Q85.jpg

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2012, 06:27:07 AM »
It's definitely not Nikolai Koulikovsky.

Ann

Offline mishaxenia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »
Nikolai Koulikovsky is to the left of GD Olga, the man of the photo is to the right of Olga but do not know his identity.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
very interesting ...he has to be someone of importance to seated next to Minnie! He might belong with  the woman and old man also at the table

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 23, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
My feeling is that he is some sort of close family friend or retainer, but not a relation. Could he be Xenia's confidant Serge Dolgoruky - has anyone seen a picture of him?

Ann

Offline mishaxenia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »
My feeling is that he is some sort of close family friend or retainer, but not a relation. Could he be Xenia's confidant Serge Dolgoruky - has anyone seen a picture of him?

Ann
I have not seen photos of Serge Dolgoruky, but it is possible because the woman in the photo, probably named Irina ( later mistakenly identified as Irina Yusupova) . Serge Dolgoruky had married Irina Vassilievna Naryshkin (1879-1917) , Xenia friend. The daughter Olga was Viscountess Tredegar. Possible?

Offline mishaxenia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 25, 2012, 05:01:04 AM »

Ann
I have not seen photos of Serge Dolgoruky, but it is possible because the woman in the photo, probably named Irina ( later mistakenly identified as Irina Yusupova) . Serge Dolgoruky had married Irina Vassilievna Naryshkin (1879-1917) , Xenia friend. The daughter Olga was Viscountess Tredegar. Possible?
I have read that Irina was the mother ( from the first marriage ) of Maria Illarionovna Vorontsova-Dashkova ,wife of  Prince Nikita Alexandrovich son of GD Xenia.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #442 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »
I finally found the photos I spoke of up thread of who, I believe is Irene's son,  Prince Waldemar of Prussia in civilian clothes in Finland with the family. He has  a built up shoe heel  , sugesting one leg is shorter than the other at this time ( 1912?)

I recognize the officer with him as someone I have seen in photos on the Standart

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #443 on: October 03, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
and that Prince Waldemar was a hemophiliac, just like his Little cousin Alexei Nikolaievich of Russia.  :(

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #444 on: October 03, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »
Exactly , that's why his  shorter leg here is significant...like Alexi couldn't fully bend his leg for a year after the attack in Sala. Sadly two of Irene's three boys had the disease .

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Dru

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »

I found this beautiful painting of Christmas at the Winter Palace in the time of Nicholas I; I belive I recognize Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna and her children (based upon their ages, I'm guessing the painting was done sometime in the 1850s), but I was wondering if someone could help me idenitify anyone else depicted, especially the group of women in the foreground.  Download the image for full size, and thank you!

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
I found this pic at a russian site, she looks a lot like Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna later Princess Nicholas of Greece, but not sure..what do you think?

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #447 on: December 29, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
No, that's no Elena V. I don't see a resemblance actually. Some noble girl, probably the 1903 ball is the occasion.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #448 on: January 03, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
pity, by the angle thought it was her and since this lady has a dark beauty appearance as well, but then again, she was married in 1903, and possibly if attended the ball, her costume would have been far more bejeweled and fitting to her rank.

Offline rachel5a

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 19, 2013, 04:22:50 AM »

can you identify them