Author Topic: Anastasia's letters and notes  (Read 69998 times)

Offline Ortipo

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia's letters and notes
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
тяв-тяв,

English lesson.
тяв-тяв

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2012, 05:31:27 PM »
Never seen that before! Thank you for posting.

Offline Ortipo

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
You're welcome!  Always stumbling across stuff that's new to me and hoping that's it's not "oh-no-not-that-pic-yet-again" to other forum memebers after I post.
тяв-тяв

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »
Everything is always new to someone =)

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Inok Nikolai

• Graf
  • Irkutsk, Russia 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »
601,1156, June 14, 1915, p.74
"...We've just had breakfast in the balcony. It was so pleasant. At the service the choir sang "Lord, have mercy upon us!" by Tchaikovsky and we were all thinking about you, Father dear. Yesterday evening we were at Anya's (Vyrubova). Demenkov, Shvedov and Zborovsky were there, too. We were to rehearse the comic item of the programme. We were dying of laughter looking at the actors... Uncle Pavel will, of course, have tea with us. So dull... When we are at home we sit in the balcony all the time and have dinner there, too... Ortino has rushed into the room and is running about looking for you. When she failed to find you she jumped up on Mother's lap... I am sitting now and grating carrots and radishes. Very tasty. At 11 a.m. I go to Aleksey's room and gobble Aleksey's food samples. Almost all teachers also take part in it. I miss dear Shvybzik (Anastasia's dog). I still have the cigarettes you gave me and I smoke them sometimes with pleasure and thank you very much. The lilacs are finishing blossoming already..."

Anyway, this is just from the APTM site.

We need some help deciphering the names of some of the people mentioned in the Letters from Captivity.

The Grand Duchesses, esp. G. D. Anastasia, corresponded with Catherine Zborovskaya, sister of Victor Zborovsky, from the Cossack Convoy.
There is a lot online about Victor, but we would like to know more about the rest of the family, esp. the names of his mother, brother(s), other sister(s), etc.

Any help will be appreciated.
Inok Nikolai
инок Николай

Offline Inok Nikolai

• Graf
  • Irkutsk, Russia 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Found a letter here. I don't know if this is new or not but it's new to me. I hope my memory doesn't fail me. Translation with the help of my invaluable friend, Google Translator.  

From the GD Anastasia Nikolaevna  to V. G. Kapralova
10 August 1917

My Sweet Vera G.,
We arrived here safely. We still live in the steamer as the house is not yet ready. It is raining and damp while I'm writing.  M. (Maria) is sick because of the cold, but now she feels better. Tell your sister and Evg.[eni] Al.[exandrovich] that I bow to them. I hope all of you are fine.  Have a nice day. We kiss you. Don't forget us.
Forgive me for the ink spots (? I don't know how to translate it correctly).

A similar request:

Any more information on Vera Giorgievna Kapralova, sister of mercy, and her family?

It too would help us decipher passages in the letters.

Thank you!
I. N.
инок Николай