Author Topic: Anastasia's letters and notes  (Read 73979 times)

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia's letters and notes
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 10:35:42 PM »
Are you sure the letters were written by Anastasia? The handwriting looks very much like Tatiana's. JonC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by JonC »

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 12:22:09 AM »
Yes, that's Anastasia's handwriting.  Tatiana's was very angular and close together... nearly illegible.

Val289

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »
Yes, that's Anastasia's handwriting.  Tatiana's was very angular and close together... nearly illegible.

I agree, it is Anastasia's handwriting.   Her's is much more legible than Tatiana's.  I believe that  "Evelyn Hope" is mentioned in one of Peter Kurth's books, and it's clear that it was written by Anastasia.  

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2005, 07:19:51 PM »
Does anyone have any more scans of her letters?  ;D
    Holly
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Nastya

• Boyar
  • Your Own Loving Girl, Tatiana
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 05:36:47 PM »
do you know how dogs get worms in the stomach and stuff and they have to get de-wormed and they stink when they have worms. maybe thats what anastasia had. back in days like that people got little disease things like that! GROSS! :P

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 09:52:57 PM »
Here is one, from the same source as the one I posted under Maria.

Tobolsk 20/02/18

It is so sad to hear that Nikolai Nikolaevich Vasiliev has died. We all find it hard that he's not alive. Friends write to us, but many letters don't reach us...
We remember the old days, visiting our hospital. I guess no one goes to the graves of our injured ones now - nearly everyone was taken away from Tsarskoe.
Do you remember Lukyanov - he was so pitiful and sweet, always playing with our bracelets like a baby.
His visiting card was in my album, but unfortunately the album was left behind at Tsarskoe. Just now I'm writing in our bedroom. On the writing desk are pictures of our beloved hospital...All in all, the times we went to visit the hospital were awfully good. We often reminisce about our visits to the hospital, the evening chats on the telephone, and everything, everything....

I will post another one tomorrow.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 09:20:15 AM »
All hail Georgiy!!!  :D Thanks millions you don't know how much I enjoy this. It made my day!!!  ;D
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 09:44:05 AM »
We often reminisce about our visits to the hospital, the evening chats on the telephone, and everything, everything....

That was saddening. I can't wait to read more Georgiy!  :)

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 10:22:18 AM »
Anastasia'a letters are really interesting reading, and convey her personality really well, and this letter is no exception. Thanks for posting it, and I have always enjoyed reading her letters from Tobolsk. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by romanov_fan »

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2005, 12:42:27 PM »
THANKS GEORGIY!!

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 02:30:11 PM »
As promised the second letter. Once again I take all responsibility for any mistranslations.

Tobolsk 25/03/18

For the moment, thanks be to God, we're living well. A detachment of Red Army men came from Omsk, up till now they have behaved themselves, and on the whole, all is calm.

In the first week of Lent, we fasted and they let us go to Church. At all the Services through the week we sang by ourselves, as it is difficult to get choristers to come with such frequency for services at home.

Lessons for us as usual, everyday, morning and evening. The weather has been marvellous these last days and we often sit on the balcony, glad of the change of scenery, looking at passers-by. Just now, I am sitting and writing by the window. It's already 7:45, but still light out. The Church bells are ringing, reminding us of the cathedral at Tsarskoe.

We've become regular janitors. We cleared the snow out of the yard where we go for walks, and now it's not so dirty. Then we sometimes chop and saw wood - it all goes well with us.

Offline Russian_Duchess_#5

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »
Who exactly are these letters to?
They read more as diary entries.
Oh, and thanks lots, Georgiy!!

Sofi ??? :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Russian_Duchess_#5 »

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 02:37:52 PM »
They are definately letters. I don't know to whom though - I copied them down in Russian from a book about ten years ago, and either the book didn't mention the addressee, or I neglected to write it down, being more interested in the letter itself. Either way it is a pity. They could both be to the same person, or to a different person, I don't know.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 09:51:17 PM »
Thank you so very much Georgiy. Reading these letters allow us to feel closer to the persons they were. I feel so sad that these young girls in the vibrancy of life were left only with memories to write of in their last days at Tobolsk.

Thank you again for your translation and sharing of these beautiful letters.

Tatiana

They are definately letters. I don't know to whom though - I copied them down in Russian from a book about ten years ago, and either the book didn't mention the addressee, or I neglected to write it down, being more interested in the letter itself. Either way it is a pity. They could both be to the same person, or to a different person, I don't know.

TatianaA

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »
For those who read russian, and want to translate, another letter of Anastasia, to Ksenia Alexandrovna, of the 25.03.1918:
http://www.tzar.orthodoxy.ru/n2/pism/5_2.htm#11

And another one, when they lived in the boat "Rus" in 1917.
http://www.tzar.orthodoxy.ru/n2/pism/5_1.htm#1
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by matushka »