Author Topic: Hessian Plane Crash 1937  (Read 61824 times)

Offline allanraymond

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • Monarchies of Europe
Re: Hessian Plane Crash 1937
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 07:18:27 PM »
Thanks for extra details, these add to the positive theory about the baby being born during the crash. However, I just can't remember which mailing list or message board had postings casting doubt the baby had been born.

Frustrating.

Allan Raymond  

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 10:11:30 AM »
I have said this numerous times.  Cecilia's pregnancy was announced sometime before the crash.   The news accounts -New York Times and Washington post - among others - that the body of a stillborn child was found at the crash site.  The child was buried with its mother.

Thanks for extra details, these add to the positive theory about the baby being born during the crash. However, I just can't remember which mailing list or message board had postings casting doubt the baby had been born.

Frustrating.

Allan Raymond  

Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

bluetoria

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 10:59:11 AM »
What a dreadful time poor Cecelia must have had!  :(

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 11:06:22 AM »
What a dreadful time poor Cecelia must have had!  :(

she would not have known ...

Offline bookworm857158367

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 05:05:46 PM »

she would not have known ...

Undoubtedly they would have all have had time to realize the plane was going down, poor people. I don't want to get into the goulish details, but it's hard to understand how a child could be "born" in the crash unless the mother was alive on the ground and I don't see how any of them could have survived the impact.

bluetoria

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 05:26:46 PM »
Yes, thank you, bookworm...those were my thoughts. It is too awful to contemplate really.

Offline bookworm857158367

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 05:33:38 PM »
Yes, it is too horrible. I'm going to guess that they were all killed instantly (and hopefully were unconscious from the loss of pressure in the cabin and didn't suffer more than a few seconds) and that the unborn child was not actually "born." Maybe the story can be explained by the damage done by the impact.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by bookworm857158367 »

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 05:51:34 PM »
Its' going to get ghoulish, but perhaps the remains of a baby were found depending on what the condition of Cecile's body was. She may not have been intact as this happens sometimes with really bad crashes.  :( There have also been cases of a baby being expelled (rather than actually born) post-mortem.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline allanraymond

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • Monarchies of Europe
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 06:05:19 PM »
I have no doubt what you are saying is correct. My frustration is not being able to recollect the posting(s) in which an alternative view was held about the actual birth.  

Allan Raymond

I have said this numerous times.  Cecilia's pregnancy was announced sometime before the crash.   The news accounts -New York Times and Washington post - among others - that the body of a stillborn child was found at the crash site.  The child was buried with its mother.

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 09:56:20 PM »

Undoubtedly they would have all have had time to realize the plane was going down, poor people. I don't want to get into the goulish details, but it's hard to understand how a child could be "born" in the crash unless the mother was alive on the ground and I don't see how any of them could have survived the impact.

The impact of the crash could have forced the baby to be born  --

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2005, 09:58:24 PM »
[quote author=bookworm857158367 Undoubtedly they would have all have had time to realize the plane was going down, poor people. I don't want to get into the goulish details, but it's hard to understand how a child could be "born" in the crash unless the mother was alive on the ground and I don't see how any of them could have survived the impact. [/quote]

Not really - death would have been almost instantaneous after the plane hit the chimney

bluetoria

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 10:37:27 AM »
Its' going to get ghoulish, but perhaps the remains of a baby were found depending on what the condition of Cecile's body was. She may not have been intact as this happens sometimes with really bad crashes.  :( There have also been cases of a baby being expelled (rather than actually born) post-mortem.

I wonder if might have been possible for a baby to survive in such dreadful circumstances...I know this poor baby didn't, but I believe that in some cases babies have been born after the death of their mother and have survived.
All in all, this is just a terribly sad set of circumstances, isn't it.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 05:32:48 PM »
It could've been possible in a regular crash I suppose (I'm no doctor) but this crash involved a horrible fire.  :(
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

ImperialHighness

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 01:54:48 AM »
I have read that the plane crash at Ostende in 1937, which killed Prince Georg Donatus and his family was forced by the KGB, because Georg Donatus still kept some famous and worthful jewels of his aunt, Alix, the tsarita. I think this theory was used in a book in 1986 by Jeffrey Archer, too, if I remember it well. But can this be true?
Or did the plane crash because Cecilie got into labour (is this term correct?) and caused much troubel on the plane and so the pilot just did not concentrate on flying the plane? There is nothing said about this in David Duffs book or another one about the House of Hesse.
Did the investigators in the accident publish any information on it?
And maybe someone knows if there is a biography about Cecilie available.
Thanks.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 02:21:36 AM »
The plane crash was a terrible tragedy. I have never ever read about any KGB connection. That seems away with the fairies completely. All onboard died. This was the sister of Prince Philip and her husband, children and other family members. They were on the way to a wedding in London. It was a terrible tragedy.