The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
July 30, 2014, 04:04:37 AM
460923 Posts in 8932 Topics by 14526 Members
Latest Member: kmk818
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  The Windsors (Moderators: grandduchessella, ChristineM, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, Svetabel)
| | |-+  Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York  (Read 50675 times)
Reply #300
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »
TampaBay Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job. Posts: 4223

View Profile

I'd read it!  Cheesy Damaskrose is an excellent author, I've read many of her tantalising stories about a certain grand duke, which she wrote under a nom de plume!  Kiss

Ducal Desire-The Novel HuhHuh Huh Huh  What happened to that thread?HuhHuhHuh??  Huh Huh Huh  LOl!  LOL!

THE Duchess of Dermount

"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.
Reply #301
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:08:01 PM »
damaskrose Offline
Boyar

View Profile

What was that Tampa?Ducal Desire?Was this on the forum somewhere?Please tell me what it was about?-DR Cool
Reply #302
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:47:11 AM »
Kimberly Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Loyaulte me lie Posts: 3103

View Profile

Aaaahh, she's learning to be a teenager.. Roll Eyes
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=445017&in_page_id=1773

Member of the Richard III Society
Reply #303
« on: March 28, 2007, 03:09:54 AM »
Grace Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Learning or yearning?  Roll Eyes

It's unfortunate that her parents divorced when she was young but I do think, at 47, she is too old to be blaming others for problems like over-eating.
Reply #304
« on: March 28, 2007, 03:46:36 AM »
ChristineM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

What a poor soul.   Everyone is wrong.   Everyone is out of step -  her mother, her father, the royal family, the courtiers and FINALLY the British public.   Everyone, that is, apart from 'Fergie' - and, up to a point, Andrew.   (Don't forget how boring he was - watching videos or playing golf). 

I am absolutley appalled at her exposing and blaming her mother.   This is unforgiveable.   Her dead mother cannot even respond - to confess or to reject, just as her daughter has rejected her.  Fergie has broken a cardinal rule.    How convenient, nobody knows the truth behind this statement.   What utter lack of loyalty.   Even if she believes this to be the truth, there are some things better kept to oneself and not aired - certainly NEVER in public.   

There is one certainty - despite having successfull - very successfully financially - who wouldn't happily lose five stones for an ongoing $5,000,000 per annum - this woman has deep psychological problems.   Now I am beginning to understand what's going on with her own children, in particular Princess Beatrice's childlike - 'I want to be a mini-mummy.'   The pyschological burdens Sarah Ferguson is off-loading on to her children will become apparent ere long.

If Sarah, Duchess of York, has failed to grow up and stand up by the age of 47, she never will.   (Of course, she received a hearty fee for these 'revelations').   

Sarah does nothing for nothing - not even her charity work.   Its the charity which funds 1st class airfares, 5 star hotels, VIP treatment all along the line, accompanied by Hello or some similar rag, and huge fees for photographs and interviews.  (I write this from first hand experience.   I do not fear libel - I have a trail of institutions in Russia who were used as 'stage-sets' for this lady and who can confirm their experiences.)

tsaria   

Reply #305
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
grandduchessella Offline
Global Moderator
Velikye Knyaz
Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D Posts: 13174

View Profile WWW

It is pretty shocking what she says about her mother. In the beginning of the interview it didn't seem too bad--many people could probably relate to internalizing trauma such as a divorce and a parent leaving and turning to food, or drugs or alcohol or destructive behaviors. However to relate such stories about her mother calling her a 'monster' etc...is wrong, in my opinion, whether her mother is alive or not. Unless a parent is a irredeemable beast, there's a certainly amount of loyalty you should show to the person who gave you life. Her mother was awfully thin--perhaps she had a parent who called her fat as well and should be shown the same sympathy, who knows?

And the whining about not being able to follow Andrew and live in a cottage where he was? Please. Did she really expect a royal duchess to do this? Did she not grow up in the UK and understand how public the royal family is? How about 'Okay Andrew, I know that the navy is your career. You go do your thing and when you return, here I'll be. In the meantime, I'll carve out an independent, fulfilling royal life and make both of us proud.' It's not like his navy career came as a surprise to her. Any military spouse can tell you that you need to establish your own life and routine because there's a good chance that your spouse will be gone a lot, especially in the navy, and will probably miss major life milestones. At least Andrew was there for the births of both of their children, unlike what a lot of navy wives could probably say. I'm not unsympathetic--seeing a husband just 40 days/year is rough, no doubt, but it's what she signed up for and she wasn't some young, inexperienced girl.

And her last point about 'sharing feelings'. I'm all for that--to a point. She may think the US is so much better at being open about experiences and feelings but, in my opinion, we've gone too far and now everyone from our leaders down to Joe Schmo on the street should be prepared to emotionally gut themselves like a fish for the consumption of the public.

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/
Reply #306
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »
ChristineM Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Excellent analysis, Ella.   You are so right about her mother's slimness.   Not only her mother's, but her sister's too.   As for her mother referring to a daughter as being 'fat' - well who can tell?   Somehow I doubt that.   In fact, her mother did not need to say a thing.   Her own slimness was right in Sarah's face.   How Sarah must have disliked her mother for that, since her appearance seems paramount for Sarah.   Now she has decided to punish her mother for being slim - but oh, so publicly.   

It would seem her priorities, after her own shape - actually, perhaps even before it - is the sweet sight of pounds (what an accidentally, excellent homonym) and dollars swelling her bank accounts.   Her 'confession' allows her to keep earning her dosh from US WeightWatchers.   A neat piece of subliminal advertising - and from a duchess to boot. 

Sarah Ferguson has obviously been a very needy person for the duration of her life.   

tsaria
Reply #307
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »
Eddie_uk Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

It is pretty shocking what she says about her mother. In the beginning of the interview it didn't seem too bad--many people could probably relate to internalizing trauma such as a divorce and a parent leaving and turning to food, or drugs or alcohol or destructive behaviors. However to relate such stories about her mother calling her a 'monster' etc...is wrong, in my opinion,

I agree Courtney. Nothing more awful or disloyal than airing your dirty little in public. Do you think she's "gone queer"?? To use an old fashioned phrase. A strange intereview I think.

Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.
Reply #308
« on: May 13, 2007, 05:38:57 AM »
basilforever Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

Fergie enjoys wild night out
by KATIE NICOLLS - More by this author Last updated at 21:43pm on 12th May 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=454397&in_page_id=1773&in_a_source=

Eugenie's party-loving mother, meanwhile, is still refusing to act her age.

The 47-year-old Duchess of York was spotted making a discreet entrance into New York's hottest new nightclub The Box, where she enjoyed a night with a difference.

A hit with actor Leonardo DiCaprio, the club is a risque burlesque-themed bar with live acts featuring strippers and transvestites.

The 47-year-old Duchess of York was spotted making a discreet entrance into New York's hottest new nightclub The Box

"The Duchess seemed quite enthralled and not at all shocked," says a fellow guest.

"She seemed to find one of the acts in which a male stripper undresses to reveal he is, in fact, a woman quite amusing. It was quite a surprise to see her in such a seedy place."

A word of advice to Beatrice and Eugenie - just steer clear!

Fergie: I was brought up to believe I was a 'fat monster'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=445017&in_page_id=1773

and there are other articles linked to on the page

His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick
Reply #309
« on: May 19, 2007, 09:47:07 PM »
grandduchessella Offline
Global Moderator
Velikye Knyaz
Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D Posts: 13174

View Profile WWW

At the Cipriani's Concert Series in New York City

and with the other Fergie

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/
Reply #310
« on: May 20, 2007, 03:29:05 AM »
Robert_Hall Offline
Velikye Knyaz
a site. Posts: 6652

View Profile

GDElla, what is a forty-seven year old woman supposed to act like? Although not a woman, I am certainly older than her and still have fun going out, dancing, drinking with friends, nice meals, etc. Is she supposed to become a nun in repentance for having her toes sucked? None of the RF have an eactly sterling reputation, after all [except for the Queen, of course]. The prudishness around here about that woman just simply reeks of hypocracy and curtain twitching. And I think she looks great!

Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.
Reply #311
« on: May 20, 2007, 03:59:21 AM »
basilforever Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

The various judgements and opinions around here about Sarah Ferguson have nothing to do with hypocrisy, since you do not know anything about the private lives of any posters. It has nothing to do with curtain twitching either. Sarah Ferguson has made so many mistakes, the list is endless, so the negative judgements (none of which are prudishness) expressed by many posters about her are valid.

His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick
Reply #312
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:10:26 AM »
Greenowl Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

Well said Robert! I could not agree with you more (and I'm the same age as Fergie). I mean, there is still a life after 45!!! While I agree that some of her "antics" are regretable, to my mind she has always acted in a natural way and never pretened to be anything other than what she is...
Reply #313
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:22:42 AM »
TampaBay Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job. Posts: 4223

View Profile

I always have and always will find Sarah York fascinating.

TampaBay

"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.
Reply #314
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »
scarlett_riviera Offline
Boyar
Spear Britney! Posts: 165

View Profile

Ooo, she posed with the booty-shaking Fergie!! I love the DUTCHess. Her album is amazing. As for the other Fergie, if she's out there having fun, then I suppose that's not so bad. As long as she does not neglect her duty towards her children, and she keeps the "fun" clean.

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: