Author Topic: 101 Reasons AA was GD Anastasia  (Read 79680 times)

Offline Jarian

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • freewebs.com/mariaromanov
Re: 101 Reasons AA was GD Anastasia
« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »
Can i just say this? AA was not AN and there is proof because they did DNA testings and and it was false AA could not have been An.  So that is not an opinian that is a strat fact.

Offline miki_nastya

• Boyar
  • Love and respect the animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 18, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »
I don't think that AA was AN . No one of the IF could escape for that massacre. I mean woh can you escape when you are shoot by a men who are beside you.
otmabannertt0.jpg

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 18, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »
Soon after the Tsar's remains were reported identified here in the US, there was a newspaper article published which i thought very interesting.  It stated very simply that there was never an episode of any communist anywhere showing mercy on anyone EVER.  Lease of all members of the Romanov family. I can't get that out of my head when the question of survivors comes up.  Then when the DNA came back that AA was FS, it only reinforced it in my mind though I know there are a bunch of threads with condtradictory theories. 

However, the words in that article really ring true.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 19, 2006, 12:30:47 AM »
Soon after the Tsar's remains were reported identified here in the US, there was a newspaper article published which i thought very interesting.  It stated very simply that there was never an episode of any communist anywhere showing mercy on anyone EVER.  Lease of all members of the Romanov family. I can't get that out of my head when the question of survivors comes up.  Then when the DNA came back that AA was FS, it only reinforced it in my mind though I know there are a bunch of threads with condtradictory theories. 

I think I'm as anti-Communist as anyone here, but this most certainly does not ring true. Communists are human beings and were certainly capable of showing mercy on occasion. To say that no Communist ever showed any mercy to anyone is simply ridiculous. If we want to discuss the Romanovs - and I presume you mean least of all, not lease of all - they most certainly did get mercy from the Bolsheviks, although it was not their usual MO. Examples:

1. Grand Duke Nicholas Constantinovich was treated with courtesy and even given a funeral with honors in Tashkent by the local Bolsheviks.

2. Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna reports in her memoirs that the local Bolsheviks in the Crimea kept the Romanovs who were being held there safe from other Bolsheviks.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 19, 2006, 08:16:06 AM »

There was no mercy shown by the bolsheviks towards the four incacerated Grand Dukes in Petrograd.

It is inconceivable that any of the Imperial children survived in Ekaterinburg. Assassins always ensure that they suceed.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:12 AM »

There was no mercy shown by the bolsheviks towards the four incacerated Grand Dukes in Petrograd.

It is inconceivable that any of the Imperial children survived in Ekaterinburg. Assassins always ensure that they suceed.

Margarita

The quote came from an article in the newspaper.  I am quite sure that people who had communist political beliefs could be human beings as well,  but the person interviewed in the article was Russian and wanted to state that it was a purely
Western notion that any Boshevik would have shown mercy on a Romanov (much less anybody else).  Everything was in the name of the Revolution.l

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 19, 2006, 03:54:58 PM »

Margarita

The quote came from an article in the newspaper.  I am quite sure that people who had communist political beliefs could be human beings as well,  but the person interviewed in the article was Russian and wanted to state that it was a purely
Western notion that any Boshevik would have shown mercy on a Romanov (much less anybody else).  Everything was in the name of the Revolution.l

The quote in the newspaper was someone's opinion who was never there. It was stated here as a fact, and I have challenged it, because it's not true. It is a misrepresentation and deserved to be challenged. The person said that Bolsheviks never show ANYONE mercy - a gross generalization. The person said the Bolsheviks never showed ANY Romanov any mercy. To refute this, I cited two documented examples. The statement was false.

In terms of the 4 grand dukes, I never said the Bolsheviks were all merciful or even the least bit merciful to the Romanovs murdered in Ekaterinburg, Alapaevsk, or Petrograd. I don't know how anyone could conclude this based on what I have said.

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 19, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »

Margarita

The quote in the newspaper was someone's opinion who was never there. It was stated here as a fact, and I have challenged it, because it's not true. It is a misrepresentation and deserved to be challenged. The person said that Bolsheviks never show ANYONE mercy - a gross generalization. The person said the Bolsheviks never showed ANY Romanov any mercy. To refute this, I cited two documented examples. The statement was false.

In terms of the 4 grand dukes, I never said the Bolsheviks were all merciful or even the least bit merciful to the Romanovs murdered in Ekaterinburg, Alapaevsk, or Petrograd. I don't know how anyone could conclude this based on what I have said.

I'm sorry if it was misrepresented.  I will scan the article and post it.  I was only quoting what I read. Didn't mean to offend you.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 19, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »
Absolutely no offense taken. If you are interested in sharing the article, please use the "Links" section of the forum. You are welcome to let us know on this thread that you've posted it. It would probably be better to use a link the the paper's website.

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 19, 2006, 04:34:29 PM »
I cut the article out in 1993.  It was in the Times Picayune here in New Orleans.  But, i think i have read it in a book as well.  I will find both and see what I can do.

Lori

Offline Guinastasia

• Boyar
  • Celestial Grand Duchess of Penguins
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 22, 2006, 03:19:32 PM »

Actually, the quote I believe you're referring to was in Greg's and Penny's book, and it was made by Geli Ryabov, a highly uncredible individual.  At the time he made that statement, he also stated that Alexei's body was one of those recovered from the grave site.

The quote in question:
"We have no instances of the Communists ever, anywhere, having mercy on anyone."- Geli Ryabov. 

Another remark from the same speech:

"For seventy-four years Russia was ruled by madmen, mentally ill people, bastards, butchers.  I believe that if we still had an Emperor, the United States, God knows, would probably envy Russia, and fear us."

And yet, the Tsars themselves were certainly no angels.  I too am a Romanov buff and I too admire Nicholas and his family, but I absolutely would not want him as a ruler.  As for "madmen, mentally ill people, bastards, butchers"-well, that could also describe many of the Russian Tsars, stretching all the way back to the Rurik dynasty.  There's a reason they called him "Ivan the Terrible", after all.

I'm not trying to ridicule you, just pointing out you might want to look into the credibility of the person stating so.  Not all the communists were devils, nor were all the Romanovs saints.  They were people, just like everyone else.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2006, 03:52:24 PM »

Actually, the quote I believe you're referring to was in Greg's and Penny's book, and it was made by Geli Ryabov, a highly uncredible individual.  At the time he made that statement, he also stated that Alexei's body was one of those recovered from the grave site.

The quote in question:
"We have no instances of the Communists ever, anywhere, having mercy on anyone."- Geli Ryabov. 

"For seventy-four years Russia was ruled by madmen, mentally ill people, bastards, butchers.  I believe that if we still had an Emperor, the United States, God knows, would probably envy Russia, and fear us."

And yet, the Tsars themselves were certainly no angels.  I too am a Romanov buff and I too admire Nicholas and his family, but I absolutely would not want him as a ruler.  As for "madmen, mentally ill people, bastards, butchers"-well, that could also describe many of the Russian Tsars, stretching all the way back to the Rurik dynasty.  There's a reason they called him "Ivan the Terrible", after all.

I'm not trying to ridicule you, just pointing out you might want to look into the credibility of the person stating so.  Not all the communists were devils, nor were all the Romanovs saints.  They were people, just like everyone else.

Thank you for shedding light on this. You made my points much better than I did. I agree entirely with your two final sentences. I think there are tendencies when a regime falls, whether it be Communists or Tsars, to overstate the flaws of the "previous administration". To me, it's just as ridiculous to say that every Bolshevik lacked compassion for every person as it is to say every tsar was stupid and reactionary.

I believe Tsar Ivan was not so called because he was a bad ruler, but because he was fierce of temperment.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 22, 2006, 09:55:11 PM »

Actually, the quote .... was made by Geli Ryabov ...

The quote in question:

Could someone be so kind as to provide the actual Russian quote please. Unfortunately, Ryabov has been misquoted in the past.

Thank you.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Guinastasia

• Boyar
  • Celestial Grand Duchess of Penguins
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 22, 2006, 10:11:16 PM »
Sorry, I was quoting straight from the book.
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »
The book and the article have the same quote by Ryabov exactly..  The article was published before the book so wherever King and Wilson took the quote from was where the Associated Press picked it up from.  I am still trying to link the original article.

My main reason for bringing it up was that in the article it was meant to be taken in the context that only people  in the west would have the idea that anybody had survived such a slaughter as what had happened to the Romanovs especially since they were Romanovs.  Not that this is a fact.  I'm just relaying what I read in the article.