Author Topic: More Romanov Dreams  (Read 11533 times)

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
Re: More Romanov Dreams
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2005, 12:28:29 AM »
Well it really depends on what you think about dreams. Me, I consider dreams to just be jumbled together from things you think about or do during the day. This isn't necessarily the general opinion.

Finelly

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2005, 12:39:25 AM »
Yeah, but posting about dreams that are just jumbled up events of the day with a Romanov thrown in is the shallow part.

Reminds me a lot of the fingernails/manicure thread, or the one about "Pleas Date My Mom".

My god, this is history, real people.  Not four girls upon whom we can project our own likes, dislikes, habits, and problems.

Finelly

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2005, 12:56:22 AM »
Well it really depends on what you think about dreams. Me, I consider dreams to just be jumbled together from things you think about or do during the day. This isn't necessarily the general opinion.

Correct.  For many people and many cultures, dreams are sacred and contain messages of a spiritual nature.  If we are going to dream about martyrs, let's give it meaning.  Let's respect the souls of the dead.  Let's honor their memory.  Find meaning in their lives and their deaths.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 06:44:42 AM »
The thing is, you can't control what you dream. I'd love for my dreams to have meaning. The Romanovs already have meaning in their lives and deaths. I have nothing but respect for them.

Lizameridox

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 07:15:35 AM »
In the tradition of the Fathers of the Orthodox Church, Christians are advised not to pay attention to dreams at all.  Growing up in this tradition the five children would probably not have given them credence, in spite of the nightmare in the script of a highly Westernized interpretation of their lives, where the poor Tsarevich has a bad dream of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand.

The tendency to overromanticize and project one's own feelings upon the Grand Duchesses is also very Western.

Holy Royal Child Martyrs, pray to God for us!

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 07:21:35 AM »
My dream wasn't so good, i was friends with OTMA, en then i had to go with the family to the cellar, there i was shot...Not a good dream...
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 10:31:49 AM »
My dream wasn't so good, i was friends with OTMA, en then i had to go with the family to the cellar, there i was shot...Not a good dream...

OH MY GOSH NIGHTMARE!!!
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 11:37:32 AM »

OH MY GOSH NIGHTMARE!!!

It really was, because it just looked of i really feeled the pain. You know, that was the worst.
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Finelly

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 12:18:06 PM »
The tendency to overromanticize and project one's own feelings upon the Grand Duchesses is also very Western.

Not to mention immature.

You can dream all  you want about the Romanovs.  But if you want to POST about your dreams, don't you think you should be selective?  Yikes!  What would the IR think if they saw this thread??????

Offline Baby Tsarevich

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Anastacia Pavlovna V.
    • View Profile
    • Alyosha Sunbeam. (Mine and Dana's)
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »
If you don't like the idea of this thread then DON'T POST, other people might enjoy hearing what other people dremt of the Romanovs, please don't turn this thread into another one of those arguments, every person has their own opinion and I think that every person has the right to share their opinion, but please can we not share our negative opinions here! There are threads that I'm not too fond of either, but I don't complain!

~Anastacia~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Baby_Tsarevich »

AlyoshaSunbeam.com
updtd jan.22;2007.
check out the new addition: Nasha Russia

Finelly

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 12:37:04 PM »
Nope.  Post away, and we will point out how shallow it is occasionallly when we stumble upon it.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 02:17:17 PM »
Geez, people. We're just posting dreams. Some people really know how to ruin threads. Yes, I agree. If you don't like the dream thread, don't post here.

Offline Duchess_Scarlett

• ..Malaysian..
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2005, 02:20:10 PM »
I agree with clockworkgirl21 and Anastacia!

What do you all have against dreams? And why the hell is this so shallow ?

Scarlett
[size=16]..banner made by Anastacia..

..Tatiana, my most favorite of them all..
[/size]

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »
Since the Romanov dreams thread is gone, I thought we could start it up again.  ;D

Well, I was sitting on a bench in front of a lake next to Maria. On the other side of Maria sat Lestat. (You know, the vampire.  :-/) We were talking about this pretty necklace Maria had around her neck, and Anastasia ran up and pulled it off. Tatiana, who happened to be the oldest in my dream, scolded Anastasia until she cried and ran off somewhere. Olga got angry at Maria for wearing the necklace, so she slapped at her and walked off. Out of nowhere, Maria started flirting with Lestat, and asked him about his wife and children.  ??? Then I woke up in total confusion.

Lestat...being 900 years old....was rather amused by the attentions and flirtations of any young persons....much less a Grand Duchesse....How well he could recall the court of the Empress Catherine....called the "Great"....the mad parties 'til dawn...lasting for days.
How he had drunk of the beauty of the brazen women...the dangerous affront of the young huzzars...
"And your wife and children then,Chevalier....are they with you in Petersburg"?...."My family"...and the alban form looked off into the gathering darkness..."My family are safe...in the shadowed arms of darkness and night....forever"...His mouth felt dry and needing....a feeling of hunger was begining to course through his body....He turned his deep vision upon the young woman..."If I stay any longer ,my Dear,I fear I shall over-reach myself....and so I shall bid you adieu..."...With a giggle,Maria turned away from her guest. Turning back ,with the sweetest smile....she saw that she was alone....and a cold breeze fell across her...

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2005, 03:00:23 PM »
Nope.  Post away, and we will point out how shallow it is occasionallly when we stumble upon it.

If only told my dream, and if i'm shallow? Well how is being more shallow here  ::)?