Author Topic: Secret Plot to Save the Tsar-by Shay Mcneal  (Read 54797 times)

Historybuff_262

Re: Secret Plot to Save the Tsar-by Shay Mcneal
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2007, 08:14:31 AM »
Thanks.  :) :-[ I'll do a search next time.  :)

Offline Bryndis

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »
I found this book at a library and decided to rent it since I rarely run into Romanov related books.
After reading the first 20 pages or so and seeing a photo of Rasputin with Alexandra, Alexei and OTMA captioned "Rasputin, surrounded by 'admiring women'" I started to have doubts.

Is this book a complete fiction, a book filled with crazy conspiracy theories, simply just a bad book or at least outdated? Or is it worth reading for some reason?

I'm sorry for mentioning this book... it seems to be controversial. Please don't grill me.

Offline Geniebeanie

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2016, 11:28:09 AM »
I do not know if it is the same book but the one I read was The Plot To Save The Tsar.  The book was very good,very detailed and I would love to own a copy.  I took the one I read out of the library.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »
I found this book at a library and decided to rent it since I rarely run into Romanov related books.
After reading the first 20 pages or so and seeing a photo of Rasputin with Alexandra, Alexei and OTMA captioned "Rasputin, surrounded by 'admiring women'" I started to have doubts.

Is this book a complete fiction, a book filled with crazy conspiracy theories, simply just a bad book or at least outdated? Or is it worth reading for some reason?

I'm sorry for mentioning this book... it seems to be controversial. Please don't grill me.

Just noticed the question.  The book is not well researched.  Conclusions are based on incorrect or inaccurate sources and information and some assertions are unsupported entirely. Much stated as "fact" is not correct.

Not worth the time or $ IMO which was also the vast majority consensus at the time.

FA