Author Topic: Daughters of Grand Duke Wilhelm of Luxembourg  (Read 158482 times)

Offline cimbrio

• Knyaz
  • Fr Ludwig II
    • View Profile
    • GonDan's Royalty Family Trees
Re: Daughters of Grand Duke Wilhelm of Luxembourg
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 04:06:47 PM »
Plus, I think, if anything, this quarrel is insulting to the memory of the Luxemburg  Princesses, let's keep our eye on the ball OK everyone?

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 04:24:05 PM »
Plus, I think, if anything, this quarrel is insulting to the memory of the Luxemburg  Princesses, let's keep our eye on the ball OK everyone?

Well, said cimbrio! There's a question I have been wanting to ask: were Marie-Adelaide, Charlotte and their sisters styled 'HRH' as daughters of the Grand Duke, or was it 'Grand Ducal Highness'?
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline cimbrio

• Knyaz
  • Fr Ludwig II
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 04:35:40 PM »
I think they were HRH all of them, though I say this from memory. I'll post somethign more reassuring later on.

Wettin

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2005, 07:04:53 PM »
Sorry, Im coming in late into this quarrel and I dont want to continue it, but I agree with you Cimbrio. We are active on this board in order to share info. Some of us have read more books in different languages than others. Some of us have known royalties, some of us are related to them. But we all share the fact that we have started from a tiny beginning. And yes, Sophie died by a traffic accident in Munich. If you are interested in the royal house of Saxony, the margraves of Meissen, please dont  hesitate to ask me. May I also humbly refer to my few lines under the thread Hohenzollern "German Catholic Royal Families".

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2005, 05:01:26 AM »
Welcome to the board Wettin! And thank you for your contribution!
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

Wettin

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 01:02:06 PM »
Thank you very much. Im sorry but Im a bit confused over the contributions about the catholic branch of the house of Wettin, margraves of Meissen. The contributions are spread in different threads all over the message board. Now I see that someone has started a new thread over the queens of Saxony. Why put it under the heading "Hohenzollern"? Why not put it under a new heading e g "Other German Royal Families".
It would suit an old librarian like me better, although Im able to use your search engine.

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 01:54:55 PM »
Whether or not to create a new board is the decision of the Forum Admin, Wettin - these boards need moderators and such. In fact, this BeNeLux and the French boards are less than a month old - the Admin could not create them until cimbrio, grandduchessella and I volunteered to moderate them . . . you see what I mean?

So, for the sake of convenience, threads relating to the Houses of Saxony, Prussia, German Empire, Habsburg and other German houses are put in the Hohenzollern section.
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Aliss_Kande

• Graf
  • Viktoria Luise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2005, 09:37:01 PM »
Does anyone know about their lives?  Their personalities, likes and dislikes, stuff like that?  Also, does anyone have any pictures besides the ones on worldroots?  I've seen those a zillion times.

Linnea

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 10:05:49 AM »
Does anyone know about their lives? Their personalities, likes and dislikes, stuff like that? Also, does anyone have any pictures besides the ones on worldroots? I've seen those a zillion times.

I have read the memoires of Irmingard of Bavaria, Antonias daughter and niece of Marie Adelaide, Charlotte, Hilda, Elisabeth, Sophie. Irmingard e.g. wrote that Hilda had inherited the "Braganza temperament" and thus got angry quickly. I.s mother and her aunt Sophie looked very much alike and once, at carnival, both sisters went as clowns. They looked exactly alike (the pic is in the book, but I dont have a scanner >:(. Maybe somebody else has it?) and Irmingard wrote, that she had nightmares after this "double-mama-event". If you like, I could write more :).
Some pics I hope you havent seen yet:
Antonia

with husband Rupprecht and stepson Albrecht

with her family

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Linnea »

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 11:46:40 AM »
Thank you for the pictures, Linnea!  The Luxembourg princesses were all so lovely, I think.

Offline Aliss_Kande

• Graf
  • Viktoria Luise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2005, 05:41:39 PM »
Thanks Linnea! I had never heard the clown story before. :)

And I agree with Lanie, they were very pretty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Aliss_Kande »

Offline cimbrio

• Knyaz
  • Fr Ludwig II
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2005, 03:23:10 AM »
I think they were very pretty too, especially Sophie, probably their darker features was a nice break from the blond, blue-eyed princesses that plaued Europe :D

I'm off to England for 10 days and shan't be able to be on till I come back home. Take care y'all and don't get into any problems :) Anything you need, ask Prince_LIeven, who I'm sure will be happy to help :) Bye people! :-*

Linnea

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2005, 10:48:07 AM »
Question: Which one of those lovely princesses do you like best?
My personal favourite is Antonia. She was a easy-going person, a sportswoman (loved skiing) and was a brilliant mother.

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2005, 10:52:29 AM »

I would like to pick a favourite of the sisters, but I don't know enough about their different personalities - Marie Adelaide is the only one I know any personal information about . . .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:46:54 PM by Svetabel »
-Sherlock Holmes

Linnea

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2005, 12:32:14 PM »
the princesses in 1907