Author Topic: Funny pics!  (Read 109867 times)

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Funny pics!
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2005, 10:14:11 AM »
Why Prince Lieven, that very fine actress Katie Holmes as Prince Albert - who else?
An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2005, 10:20:26 AM »
Why Prince Lieven, that very fine actress Katie Holmes as Prince Albert - who else?

But of course!  ;D
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2005, 11:13:22 AM »

That's too much!! ;D

How can you ask the Queen to take off her shoes! ???

It's incredible, poor old Lady...

This photo has been altered!  Those are not the queen's legs.   You can see it if you look close enough!

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline ElisaR

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2005, 11:52:32 AM »
I don't think so. The Queen often wears socks when she is shoesless.

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2005, 11:54:03 AM »
They are, Tampa.   I remember the occasion.   Look at the men, they are in stockinged feet too.

Ridiculous, expecting the Queen to go to those lengths.   I suppose, 'When in Rome....'   Pity the same mentality does not apply in reverse.

tsaria

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2005, 12:00:46 PM »
Ridiculous to expect any woman of nearly 80 to do that! If someone insisted that my gran have to do it I wouldn't be best pleased . . .
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2005, 12:30:58 PM »
The Queen was visiting a temple. She has always removed her shoes when doing these visits. It is a sign of respect, and you will notice those with her also have removed their shoes. This is nothing unusal. She is well aware of this and is prepared well in advance.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2005, 12:33:51 PM »
Oh, thanks Robert. I had no idea.  :)
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2005, 01:44:02 PM »
The Queen was visiting a temple. She has always removed her shoes when doing these visits. It is a sign of respect, and you will notice those with her also have removed their shoes. This is nothing unusal. She is well aware of this and is prepared well in advance.
Then why is she wearing men's socks?Oh for heavens sake,black,trouser socks...The effect is startling,why not white ,beige or yellow.One can be respectful and fashionable as well!!!!

Offline Lass

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2005, 02:02:47 PM »
Simply awful. They shouldn't have requested that she wear socks. It just looks absurd. :-/

Offline Grand Duke

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ABSOLUTE POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2005, 05:42:19 PM »

The Queen was visiting a temple and she removed her shoes and used a veil covering her hair as respect.

The colour of the socks sucks!  :P
I'm THE GRAND DUKE of LIPTON-upon-AVON ! Please to meet you. I'm glad you know my name!

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2005, 07:34:18 PM »
Well if it real then thn the the queen needs to invest in a weekly wax job.  If you look close you can see the hairs on her legs.  I would suggest one uses sunglasses to attempt this perusal!

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2005, 08:19:01 PM »
Well if it real then thn the the queen needs to invest in a weekly wax job.  If you look close you can see the hairs on her legs.  I would suggest one uses sunglasses to attempt this perusal!

TampaBay

Tampa Bay -- I'm sure that this photo does not show hair on Her Majesty's Royal Lower Limbs.  Probably just the print.

It's a wonder she just didn't appear in her stockinged feet, though.  Perhaps this photo has been doctored...?

Go, Elizabeth, go!  ;D ;D ;D

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2005, 03:57:59 AM »

Tampa Bay -- I'm sure that this photo does not show hair on Her Majesty's Royal Lower Limbs.  Probably just the print.

It's a wonder she just didn't appear in her stockinged feet, though.  Perhaps this photo has been doctored...?

Go, Elizabeth, go!  ;D ;D ;D

If you look closer, it actually does.

My parents just bought an 106cm TV and it looks fantastic.

Now, if only Australia's buffoon of a Prime Minister, John Howard, would resign......

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2005, 04:12:11 AM »

Britain's Prince Charles lowers his umbrella on a rainy day before getting into a car after viewing the site of the new Millennium Wood in Bushy Park 20 miles (32 kms) outside of London, Friday May 14, 1999. The wood consists of new trees planted for the millennium to replace a stand of trees damaged in a 1987 storm.(AP Photo/Adam Butler,Pool)
I, Claudius