Author Topic: Armenian Genocide  (Read 40823 times)

Offline Превед

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Мой Великий Север
    • View Profile
    • Type Russian Without a Keyboard
Re: Armenian Genocide
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2015, 04:56:00 AM »
Blaming the current inhabitants of the former Armenian villages is absurd, they weren't even born when all that happened.  It would be like blaming the current generations in Germany and Japan for what their ancestors did in World War II.

Not quite. Do Germans still occupy Poland and live in the confiscated houses of Poles and Jews? No, instead it's Poles who live in the houses of Germans and Jews. And with regard to property in Germany, victims of Nazi "Arification" or their descendants can demand compensation from the German state.
Берёзы севера мне милы,
Их грустный, опущённый вид,
Как речь безмолвная могилы,
Горячку сердца холодит.

(Афанасий Фет: Ивы и берёзы, 1843 / 1856)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
I have some comments on this: The current Turkish government is Islamic. In a Smithsonian Feb 2015 article on the Gallipoli campaign. The government is saying the Turks won at Gallipoli won because god/Allah was on their side not any of the other reasons. When some archaeologists discovered some bottles of Botonti beer, a popular wartime brand brewed in Constantinople in a Turkish trench the current Turkish government went into shock Turkish soldiers didn't drink beer they drank tea it must have been the Germans who brought that beer there. Note there were Austrian troops there as well.

The Young Turks/CUP were a very nasty bunch. They have been compared to Chicago Gangsters and post World War I Facists, Nazis and Communists in there behavior. Modern day they would be compared to Saddam of Iraq or the Assads of Syria. Besides the above mentioned records there are numerous german Austrian, US, accounts of the 1915 Genocide.  Along with British and Empire POW accounts. If the Turks ever made aviable all their WW I era records to the public. You would probably find mountains of evidence of this. note the Ottoman Turks where great record keepers. The problem is the records are in old fashioned script which will be a problem to translate.

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Tsarfan you say you have been reading Fonanka 16 a good book which I have read by ILL some time ago. I believe it mentions that the tsarist Government tried to prevent pogroms. Other books which deal with Russians and jews ect that I have read include:
Easter in Kishenev
Pogrom Anti Jewish violence in Modern Russian History
Rasputin and the jews
Autocracy under Siege
The Watchfull State
Nationalizing the Russian Empire

While the tsars issued orders to stop pogroms. The Young Turks/CUP issued orders to kill the Armenians. When foreign goverments complained about this the Young Turks/CUP ignored them. Their foreign Minister boasted to the US Minister to the Ottoman Empire about how they solved the "Armenian Problem". The early post WW I Ottoman government pretty much admitted a genocide did happen. it accutally sentenced some of the Young Turk/CUP leaders who had all fled the country to death in absentcia.